blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:20:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  live advice
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: live advice  (Read 1676 times)
lynx5.0

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »

Did i play this right, we were down to last 4 and i have about  45000 in chips the other 3 have no more than 10000 blinds are 1600/3200

all sounds good the problem is i finished 4th i would like some advice if i could have played this diffrent ill run a few key hands

hand 1-first hand guy moves all in utg i look down and see  its about 5000 for me to call so i do he turns over  and it holds up

hand 2-i raise with  on the botton Sb fold big blind moves all in i call the 1500 move he flips over  i hit an A he hit a river Q  total loss about 8000 chips

hand 3-am in small blind look and see AQ again move all in and get a call from BB he turns over 88 and it holds up
           so am down to 2 BB and go out the next hand

did i play his all wrong and should have folded every hand or did i just hit an unlucky steak

if you don't bet, he can't fold. but he always calls, so don't bet
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:30:24 PM »

You did nothing wrong.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 02:20:51 PM »

I think the call with  is the only mistake. I know 4 handed it's a bigger hand than usual but he's unlikely to move in with anything worse than your hand. you can raise with it but for 5k I think you can pass. with the blinds you're getting the right odds against A9 or obviously any under pair but you're never going to be ahead so whjy risk your chip lead when you've nothing invested?

once you've called and lost you cant play your AQs any different
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »

I think the call with  is the only mistake. I know 4 handed it's a bigger hand than usual but he's unlikely to move in with anything worse than your hand. you can raise with it but for 5k I think you can pass. with the blinds you're getting the right odds against A9 or obviously any under pair but you're never going to be ahead so whjy risk your chip lead when you've nothing invested?

I'd agree with that....i wouldn't have given the guy 5k in chips unless i really had a big hand.

the AQ thing just happens....though I would have to say i ussualyl tend rto slow down and let the little guys fight it out once I have a big chiplead. why would i risk doubling them up when it's not my fight?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 07:56:17 AM »

He has moved in for less than 2 BB's, you really think QJ is no good?

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 01:40:54 PM »

more often than not, no. there's still both blinds to act aswell.
I realise this is a total crap shoot but you still want to look for spots where you're better than average.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 05:13:08 PM »

Do a deal that gives you more than 2nd place would - with those stack sizes, getting them to agree would be no problem Wink
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 09:08:46 PM »

I realise this is a total crap shoot but you still want to look for spots where you're better than average.

He pushes for 5k, 4800 in blinds. It costs you 11% of your stack. The BB will almost always call aswell boosting the pot by another 1800. The chance to check an opponent out.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 09:11:36 PM »

Im not arguing numbers with you flushie. My opinion is you're calling when you're more likely than not to be 2nd or 3rd in the hand. let the BB gamble with him and pick a spot where you at least have a chance of being ahead.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 11:46:55 PM »

being ahead in a hand isn't all it's cracked up to be..
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 12:10:21 AM »

He pushes for 5k, 4800 in blinds. It costs you 11% of your stack. The BB will almost always call aswell boosting the pot by another 1800. The chance to check an opponent out.

I dont know what I'm missing, but from the OP I got the opinion that he has QJ in the BB, given that there is no mention of the BB/SB coming along as well... am I having a  or something?

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »

not really clear. my assumption was that he's on the button with the blinds still to act. no real evidence for that though.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 03:24:53 PM »

If he's in the blind then its an even easier call. 5000 to win 9600

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 03:48:54 PM »

If I am BB with    i reluctantly call. with SB and BB still to act I pass
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: