blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK final table to raise/re raise
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK final table to raise/re raise  (Read 2174 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 03:50:59 PM »

Tighty I would need much more info than this to pass KK here.

Unless my read was amazingly good or I had MUCH more information by a string of re-re-re-reraises I'm lumping this in every time.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »

If there is enough doubt in your mind and you can be pretty sure that UTG is gonna call then i think there is a fair case for folding. You wanna make the top 3. If UTG calls either one player gets knocked out or 4 people at the table have fewer chips than you. If i'm not sure that UTG is gonna call (surely the worst thing that could happen here is that you fold and then UTG folds) and if i wasn't absolutely certain of her having just that hand then i would call.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »

If I felt so strongly that she had Aces, then I'd pass. Also, don't forget that Kevin raised underthegun, so there's no reason why he can't have Aces. He's a solid player, so surely it's a big hand.

Anyhow, I don't think it's a definite fold by any means. In fact, most of the time, I'd call, but if on that odd occasion your haert is screaming ACES!!!, then I might well consider giving it up. Even if you are right you can still be outdrawn by A-K.

Sometimes I think you need to go with your subconcious if it is picking up strong tells from you opponents...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 05:55:34 PM »

why is this clearly NOT a fold?

seems like (acording to you) everything points to you being beat, the tone of the voice, the lack of previous raises, it all rests on how likely she would display the same emotions with QQ/JJ/AK etc. If she wouldn't, it seems like it makes it a clear fold, not a clear call.

You should never throw KK away in this spot against an unknown , but I dont see the big deal with throwing KK away if the read is reliable enough, its only a hand that has X% equity vs an opponents range , if her range is AA only, then the equity is bad. Hand strength is pretty much relative to that of the opponent, not strong according to some back-page chart.

I dont know how much of a results orientation there is going on though, its easy to think "hmm, she might have AA here" at the time, and then after the event think "man I was 100% sure she had AA and called anyways" just because she happened to have it this time.

I dont think I'd ever be able to read/know someone well enough to throw away KK in this spot given the meagre action (ive done it in cash games enough times, but the action there is more then bet/push) so I'd never fold, but if you are being honest and the read/knowledge of opponent IS strong enough, then folding here is clearly the best play.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »

This all reminds me of a certain other K-K thread...
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »

snoopy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »

snoopy

I seem to remember some muppet passing KK Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: