blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:27:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live play Versus Net
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live play Versus Net  (Read 1622 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »

I play IMO for the most part a solid but successfull cash game.  I am inclined to limp in pre flop with any two if pot limit and fell I can get awat from a flop agaisnt playes who I think are capable.  At most levels.

However when online I seeme to piss money away even when playing the lower levels.

I feel I could be a more profitable player if only playing live which I have found in the past few weeks but feel an urge to play online when I am bored.

I am happy that Andy at the Cincinnati has got a decent schedule together that saves the boredome during the week and this and turn has helped me in the past week or two.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »

Good to hear Bandit.

I was thinking about this earlier, why some people prefer/do better at live vs online.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:08:18 PM »

I am equally good at tournaments wether live or online. No matter where I play cash tho I am still a terible terrible player.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:13:33 PM »

I play IMO for the most part a solid but successfull cash game. 

yes, you seem to do well.

Please post more of your live cash game threads. For the most part they are useful

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »

I am equally good at tournaments wether live or online. No matter where I play cash tho I am still a terible terrible player.

Jezza, my problem was similar to your about 1-2 years ago.

Cash is sooo diferent, but you CAN learn - even I have!! lol . I think it is easier for a cash game player to learn tournament strategy though

James, we have had this convo many times re Live vs Net - The game is very diferent live to net - although live is usually longer levels, hands per hour are alot less. Actually "pushing" your chips in live is alot harder to do than online. I have still yet to get BOTH live and Net running well together - I either do well in one and not so well in the other.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 01:07:13 PM »

I play IMO for the most part a solid but successfull cash game.  I am inclined to limp in pre flop with any two if pot limit and fell I can get awat from a flop agaisnt playes who I think are capable.  At most levels.

However when online I seeme to piss money away even when playing the lower levels.

I feel I could be a more profitable player if only playing live which I have found in the past few weeks but feel an urge to play online when I am bored.

I am happy that Andy at the Cincinnati has got a decent schedule together that saves the boredome during the week and this and turn has helped me in the past week or two.

do you play limit or no limit online bandit?

there is a massive difference between the two online. Also, what I find is that people don't regard online play as playing for money as much as they do live cash games. They of course understand it is money but they still seem to disregard that a lot.
Also the limping in with any two pre-flop, although fun in small stakes live games where some people don't have a lot of money on them and you might scare them off a hand, will ultimately online not be successfull. the best thing to do for a while online is only play premium hands then start mixing it up a bit once you have established yourself at the table.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 01:12:53 PM »

I actually had a thought the other day which will probably piss a few people off, lol.

The people who win live but who can't win online do so for mainly 1 reason (there are other reasons) simply they are bad players. By that i mean the way they bet, when they call etc is just wrong. However they get around this by using their ability to spot tells, where they are weak in 1 department they are strong in another.

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 01:17:23 PM »

I actually had a thought the other day which will probably piss a few people off, lol.

The people who win live but who can't win online do so for mainly 1 reason (there are other reasons) simply they are bad players. By that i mean the way they bet, when they call etc is just wrong. However they get around this by using their ability to spot tells, where they are weak in 1 department they are strong in another.

this is true I think, and I wonder if it works in reverse. online is a more mathematical game, you have no real reads/tells to work off with. Almost every single top NL cash-game player online has a phenomenal grasp of the mathematics of poker. This doesn't apply to live players as they can look into people's souls, as you allude to. I guess that knowledge is enough to make online winners goodly winners in live games as well, whcih is why you dont hear about many online winners that can't beat the live ring games........... as long as they can make themselves unreadable.. this is how I lost so much in vegas, I was acting in a manner that made my hand almost face up, and the local nits just had a field day!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 01:40:41 PM »

I think I agree with Flushy.

It rings true for me in some respects

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 02:19:47 PM »

I take it you mean Cash and not tourneys? Or do you mean both?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 02:42:17 PM »

I take it you mean Cash and not tourneys? Or do you mean both?

Tourneys more i think, bad cash players seem to just lose either way!

Although i win at live cash, lo, go figure.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 02:47:53 PM »

Your sample size of playing live cash just aint big enough yet?!?!? 
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »

Your sample size of playing live cash just aint big enough yet?!?!? 

Possible, however its a lot easier to tell with cash whether you are being lucky or doing well.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: