blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  no decision or a tough fold?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: no decision or a tough fold?  (Read 1454 times)
temp0r

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2006, 04:20:30 AM »

200 player MTT - 11 players left - 18 cash - top 9 with the with the big prizes.

you are 6 handed with 23,000 - blinds 1600/800

UTG - 28,000 raises - 4,000 total
seat 2 - fold
seat 3 - fold
seat 4 -  - you flat call.
SB - 25,000 - flat calls
BB - folds

POT = 13,600

FLOP

UTG - bets 4,000
(POT = 17,600)
you have 19,000 back with SB yet to act.

UTG - a little more aggressive than the others. has been raising with  UTG before.
SB - very solid player.

PUSH OR FOLD?
I don't see calling an option..
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:12:27 PM »

200 player MTT - 11 players left - 18 cash - top 9 with the with the big prizes.

you are 6 handed with 23,000 - blinds 1600/800

UTG - 28,000 raises - 4,000 total
seat 2 - fold
seat 3 - fold
seat 4 -  - you flat call.
SB - 25,000 - flat calls
BB - folds

POT = 13,600

FLOP

UTG - bets 4,000
(POT = 17,600)
you have 19,000 back with SB yet to act.

UTG - a little more aggressive than the others. has been raising with  UTG before.
SB - very solid player.

PUSH OR FOLD?
I don't see calling an option..

You're right...flat calling isn't an option.

Push. the only thing that would  scare me here is the SB playing suited connectors and now being open ended.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »

I dont like the flat call preflop, for this exact reason - you now have a dificult decision and have no idea where you are in the hand.

But, having flat called - you have to push here in my opinion
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:33:29 PM »

Flat calling is not my prefered play here pre flop but assuming i have flat called pre flop and seen that flop i know i am not passing.

You say you can't flat call the flop? Why not? You are almost always ahead here and have position.

If you raise evreything but an Ace passes, unless you have a guy who doesnt want to fold KK QQ etc.

If you flat call you let the BB move in if he has an Ace, a possible holding (he folds if you push) you also give the pre flop raiser a chance to fire another bullet on the turn! He will probably put you on a hand like 77 88 99 with your flat call on the flop and will think he can take you off it.

Flat calling gets my vote!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »

I didn't even think of calling but i have been swayed. I think the SB has to fold or go all in because he is unlikely to have called the preflop raise with a small-med pp (i.e. he doesn't have a set).

If the SB moves in and UTG calls you fold though right? (poker stove has you at 42% to win against two hand ranges of A-9+ on that board).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 01:33:19 AM »

I didn't even think of calling but i have been swayed. I think the SB has to fold or go all in because he is unlikely to have called the preflop raise with a small-med pp (i.e. he doesn't have a set).

If the SB moves in and UTG calls you fold though right? (poker stove has you at 42% to win against two hand ranges of A-9+ on that board).

In that situation i do what is known as shitting myself and saying "i wish i had just moved in" i probably still call, but then i cant lay down a hand.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 01:54:47 AM »

and here it is..

i pushed all-in. my thinking was i was beating UTG. figured the SB may have AK but probably would haved re-raised pre-flop if this were the case. if i get a call from a weak ace or kings here or not i get into the top 2 places in chips and have a real shot at winning.

the SB called my all-in.
the UTG took a while to fold posting in the chat box "AJ no good?"

SB turned over AK and i was out with just under double the buy-in. but was i right in hindsight to give myself the chance at a bigger cash?

oh and just to piss off the UTG the turn and river were boths jacks!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 01:04:29 PM »

and here it is..

i pushed all-in. my thinking was i was beating UTG. figured the SB may have AK but probably would haved re-raised pre-flop if this were the case. if i get a call from a weak ace or kings here or not i get into the top 2 places in chips and have a real shot at winning.

the SB called my all-in.
the UTG took a while to fold posting in the chat box "AJ no good?"

SB turned over AK and i was out with just under double the buy-in. but was i right in hindsight to give myself the chance at a bigger cash?

oh and just to piss off the UTG the turn and river were boths jacks!

I agree with what you did...unlucky the guy had AK that's all.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Canuck
Knightsridge @ the tables

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »

I understand why you flat called although it is not something I like to do there. However, once you flop the ace, for me it is an instant all in. You flat called to see an ace, if you thought you were ahead without the ace you would have reraised preflop. The ace just solidifies your decision.

The AK to me should have reraised preflop and taken it down. A sandwich play there would have been a good move on his part and avoid missing the flop.

UL

knightsridge.blogspot.com
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 03:53:55 PM »

The problem is if he decides to re-raise with AQ then he commits himself with any raise, so unless he folded pre flop, he was always going to go broke, provided the sb's jinx hand isn't Ak
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:34:39 PM »

The problem is if he decides to re-raise with AQ then he commits himself with any raise, so unless he folded pre flop, he was always going to go broke, provided the sb's jinx hand isn't Ak

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: