blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I-Pod thingys(non-poker)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I-Pod thingys(non-poker)  (Read 16216 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 11:27:04 PM »

Thanks a lot for all the advice guys and gals.

What would we do without Blonde ?

Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 11:27:50 PM »

psp 1gb memory sticks will be £80 (official) an £60 (unofficiial) for £179 for gaming and UMD (Not DVD) Movies (smaller discs) although buying a memory stick means you can just slap movies from pc onto your psp, it also plays mp3's but has nowhere near the storage of a ipod/jukebox but i'm still gettin one hehehe theyr eleased at midnight tonight.

Will say one good thing about ipods though theya r eevil. the msuic quiz game on em is pretty cool hehehehehe where you guess the name of one of your own tunes lol

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 11:28:09 PM »

PSP is ok but is more an games console. YOu can buy the memory stick but even a 1gb (which I have for my K750i phone) can cost over £100.
Ipods can play MP3's and also something called AAC which is even better quality and a much smaller file size. When you import your CD's to your computer (via itunes) you can select to automatcially import as an AAC file.

Simon thanks for all that I was worried about all the MP3s that fell on to my HDD from the ether. I was looking for a basic MP3 player but I think ipod is the way to go. Interesting point about the K750i, I'm due to get (when O2 sort out the stupid PAC code) a P910i.

Slight diversion here..... what night is your LNP Ace being shown? It's just started here, don't tell me it was last night!

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 11:28:53 PM »

Smiley

Have lives?Huh? hehehehehehehe

Get flamed on HM?Huh? lol

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 11:31:13 PM »

I measure time in PB , Pre-Blonde, it's all a blur before April

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 11:41:04 PM »

Hi Robert
I am on Late Night Poker tomorrow night Early hours of Friday morning. I am gutted actually, our Sky+ hard drive has developed a problem (system fault) and will not record so now I can not record it. Any of you good people have a DVD recorder and care to tape it for me please?
Going to the P910i, I have to say I did look at one of them and liked them very much. Depending on your usage both are great. I went for the K750i purely because it is so much smaller. The internet is pretty cool on it as well which was one the main reasons I was going to get the P910i. The video capabilities and the camera are great for the K750i as well. I actually have a 4mg pixel  Pentax Optio S camera which is great but the camera is so much more useful now. It also has a digital radio and, whilst i have not done it yet, i understand can also be used for the remote control for the TV !! They are about to rlease a new K750i but calling it something else. Basically it will be a walkman phone. Idntical in all internal aspects but vrey sexy on the outside and a bigger memory cadr. May even be out in the UK now.
Anyone know how to get a movie so it plays on my phone. Or even better, where to buy / download them from. I have found some but they dont play on my phone.
As BlueWolf says, the memory sticks are actually cheaper than I stated. The one I mist use for my phone is the Memory Stick Duo plus or something, which is smaller. It does have an adapter though that means you can use it for the PSP.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 11:42:59 PM »

if i can work out how to link my tv card to my tv then i will record the show for you and post it as a torrent if you like

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 11:45:58 PM »

Cricky I didn't know the damn phone could do so much. I have a PDA that acts as a remote control.

Looking forward to seeing LNPA.

jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 12:03:20 AM »

That would be awesome if at all possible ironside, thanks a bunch.
Yes Robert, does a load of stuff. I have always been a Nokia man from day one (i loved the old 5110 ha ha), tried a few others along the way but went back to Nokia. The one day, I got the Sony T610. Now, I am Sony only! So much attention to detail and of course anything Sony is good looking. Whilst it does do a lot, it obviously lacks a great deal in terms of spreadsheets etc. For a "Home" use phone, there is nothing better.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 12:03:56 AM »

I have the K50i, its a great phone and camera, can I use it to store play music?

wtf is PDA & LNPA?

The older I get, the better I was.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 12:04:58 AM »

I have the K50i, its a great phone and camera, can I use it to store play music?

wtf is PDA & LNPA?

Late Night Poker Ace

Personal Digital Assistant

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 12:06:32 AM »

Smiley

Have lives?Huh? hehehehehehehe

Get flamed on HM?Huh? lol

However HM isn't all that bad, look at this for the August comp

http://www.thehendonmob.com/Competitions/competitions.htm

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 12:07:54 AM »

My first mobile phone cost £1800 weighed 5kilos and took so much power, when you plugged it into the car ciggarette lighter, it almost stalled the engine

The older I get, the better I was.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 12:09:13 AM »

My first mobile phone cost £1800 weighed 5kilos and took so much power, when you plugged it into the car ciggarette lighter, it almost stalled the engine

It sounds as if you could put wheels on it and roll it to work instead

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 12:12:56 AM »

i haved the ipod 20gig, excellent quality, i also have a gadget that plugs into my cigarrette lighter that can hold any ipod, not only does it charge the ipod i can play any of the songs thru the car stereo Grin
who needs a cd changer?
phone wise i heard today that apple are about to launch a mobile/music player.........it won't be long before mobies make mp3 players/ipods superfluous

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: