blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Pokerbots and how to spot them
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerbots and how to spot them  (Read 1312 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »

HAs anyone got any ideas how to highlight which "players" are pokerbots, is there a set pattern they use or is there some way of helping to identify a bot for the get go?

I'm only asking out of random curiosity.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »

Bot technology has moved on a few steps.

I heard a few people saying pab was a bot. I wasn't sure but someone else confirmed this rumour at the Two Clubs tables today.

Clearly though the bot boffins (if that happens to be your job by the way, never declare this as your job title if you are in the process of chatting up a girl) have moved on. Now the bots not only play online they turn up to live events and play there too.

At an event in newcastle recently, I met the Pab-bot.

He seemed pretty human, even doing an interview for P4C but I noticed a few wires hanging out of his shirt collar that gave him away.

I can't fault the programming though. The Pab-bot has been given a northern accent, has a built in "flushie-mocking chip" and even had some lines of code in his banter capable of taking the p**s out of rocks. Very crafty design.

In short newman'seye, there's no hard and fast rule about identifying bots.

If they seem too good at poker though, they're probably bots!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:16:17 AM »

I heard a few people saying pab was a bot. I wasn't sure but someone else confirmed this rumour at the Two Clubs tables today.

Clearly though the bot boffins (if that happens to be your job by the way, never declare this as your job title if you are in the process of chatting up a girl) have moved on. Now the bots not only play online they turn up to live events and play there too.

He seemed pretty human, even doing an interview for P4C but I noticed a few wires hanging out of his shirt collar that gave him away.

I can't fault the programming though. The Pab-bot has been given a northern accent, has a built in "flushie-mocking chip" and even had some lines of code in his banter capable of taking the p**s out of rocks. Very crafty design.

Love it   

Love the flushie Mocking chip.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 07:52:37 AM »

Taken from naughty botter forum....

The whole point of NL is that you can bet any amount  so i wouldnt waste time programming a NL bot that would only bet the minimum

Yes it is entirely possible to make a NL bot.

Profitable is debateable

I code for Limit because i like the way that it can be easily converted to a formula, its more math than art

(sep 17th)

Ok just out of curiosity, who here has an SNG bot, that works, and is being run consistantly but not necesarily a winner.

Im just trying to estimate, how many people play SNG use bots.

That's what Lab10 was setup for, strictly SNG. Not profitable at the this point and time yet.

(sep 19th)

Good news and bad news, they seem to have not cracked the SNG world yet, but are working heavily on it. They don't really bother with NL cash as they can do so well at limit.

How to spot a bot? Quite simply, you can't. (Some folks just don't chat)

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:16:53 AM »

quite a few sng bots have been discovered, its the easiest game to program a bot for... most of the players are just human bots anyways. Holla.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:22:14 AM by totalise » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »

quite a few sng bots have been discovered, its the easiest game to program a bot for... most of the players are just human bots anyways. Holla.

Indeed, I seem to remember the Tankbot enjoyed some success earlier in the year.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 10:04:25 AM »

Indeed, I seem to remember the Tankbot enjoyed some success earlier in the year.

He was well programmed - could play poker, drink rum & eat steak pies - all at the same time!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »

Rod, playing poker is debatable. But he definately drank rum and ate pies!
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 05:27:16 PM »

Love it  

Love the flushie Mocking chip.

Flushie Mocking Chips must be very cheap and easily available as there are so many of them about!

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 05:28:19 PM »

It must be mentioned in the cash game last night when pab was being accused of being a bot he was losing massive amounts.....

I left with 1225 BB's!!!!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
lynx5.0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 10:43:08 PM »

i was ask last month if i was a bot my chat turned off on my desktop  i was playing groups of 10 stt (what was i playing at)and the guy was giving me abuse for days before i saw any of this on the lappie.

if you don't bet, he can't fold. but he always calls, so don't bet
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 10:59:05 PM »

don't they use bots to play cash games?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: