blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  thought i'd put this here for the experts.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: thought i'd put this here for the experts.  (Read 2615 times)
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 10:50:32 AM »

The question I would pose is whether you should call the first raise in the first place.  Yes you have a pp, but 4 callers acting behind you and big stack especially makes you vulnerable.  You don't have that many chips to flat call raises.

By calling you have committed yourself to the pot.  what would you do if big stack after you decided to flat call as well and the flop completely missed you, and big stack decided to raise small bet on the flop?
You fold or call?

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 10:52:15 AM »

The question I would pose is whether you should call the first raise in the first place.  Yes you have a pp, but 4 callers acting behind you and big stack especially makes you vulnerable.  You don't have that many chips to flat call raises.

By calling you have committed yourself to the pot.  what would you do if big stack after you decided to flat call as well and the flop completely missed you, and big stack decided to raise small bet on the flop?
You fold or call?

That was my point about why didnt he stick it all in preflop?

I WOULD STILL PASS THIS HAND THOUGH  - for the benefit of the people that only read the first paragraph! lol
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 10:52:44 AM »

Still, I think it's a push.

Massively ahead of JC's pushing range. Only about one time every 18 someone will have QQ+ behind you and be able to come play too.

I'll take the risk

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 10:53:06 AM »

what would you do if big stack after you decided to flat call as well and the flop completely missed you, and big stack decided to raise small bet on the flop?
You fold or call?

Allin on any flop

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »

I called because of the peeps behind me, i didn't want to be reraised.
Lets face it i can only be reraised by a better hand and i should have folded, that is why i'm tortured, i KNEW i was behind, the trouble is the size of the pot got to me................

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »

IFM

If a short stack goes all in - and you have a hand you wish to play against them ask yourself :

If I flat call, do I have enough chips to fold if I get re raised?

The answer to that question then helps you decide what you do.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 11:18:07 AM »

IFM

If a short stack goes all in - and you have a hand you wish to play against them ask yourself :

If I flat call, do I have enough chips to fold if I get re raised?

The answer to that question then helps you decide what you do.

The flat call alone is strong enough and i push on any flop, i just ignored my own strategy

Of course not.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »

IMO flat call is not a strong strategy if you have 4 other players to act after you.  You have PP and only that by calling for half of your stack is an error and not +ev IMO. 

And pushing into dry pot with pp if you miss the flop you going out of this tourney anyway

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 11:43:09 AM »

IMO flat call is not a strong strategy if you have 4 other players to act after you.  You have PP and only that by calling for half of your stack is an error and not +ev IMO. 

And pushing into dry pot with pp if you miss the flop you going out of this tourney anyway

Thanks.
My reasoning was that a flat call is very strong here (it is half my stack), as for betting the dry pot.....i am certain i am ahead of jungle and the dry pot is bigger this way.
I am thinking that it should have been a push/fold situation now, thanks for the input.

Of course not.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »

Personally i think you and the guy with KK should've folded to the cat "power-push."

Failing that i think reraising allin is good for quite a few reasons.

It gives extra incentive for someone with a hand like AJ, AQ or KQ suited behind you to fold. Your flat call looked very strong to me and i thought you might well have aces but in a pot this size, i think you want to grab every ounce of folding equity you have to get it heads up vs my suspect shortstack range.

Also, people do odd things like find reasons to fold JJ sometimes in these situations. Give them a chance to make a mistake if they happen to have been dealt this behind you.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: