blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Fancy a chance to play Bellagio Main Event?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fancy a chance to play Bellagio Main Event?  (Read 4011 times)
ariston

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2005, 02:12:27 PM »

We are holding a private tournament on April 9th to win a trip to the Bellagio main event. The cometition will be limited to 51 runners at a price of $550. The winner will be bought into the main event ($25k) and have hotel and flights paid for by Betfair. Even if you don't win you could still be a winner because the way we are playing this tournament is on a shares scheme- even if you finish last in the qualifier you will receive a 1% share of the winner. The winner will be playing for 40%,2nd gets 5%,3rd 4%,,4th 3%,5th 2% and 6th to 51st 1%. If you win the seat and cannot go for any reason you must nominate another player to go, taking the cash is not an option. Thoughts everyone please??
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 02:47:08 PM »

Great idea Ariston.
I put a similar idea to Tikay only recently for a Notts Vs Blackpool challenge that paid on a shares basis as a follow up to another recent post (it may have even been you that got me thinking) but would also give a seat to the WSOP for the winner and unlimited bragging rights.  This type of tourney could be the way forward because as you say even if you come last you could still end up winning big as a % of the lucky player.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 02:59:42 PM »

Yes I have also heard about the Notts/Blackpool match. I will be there batting for Blackpool and we certainly appreciate the Notts boys funding a Blackpool player to go to the World Series  Wink Think we should get a market up for this match when it is arranged although obviously the Notts lads will be big outsiders.

ariston

better lucky than good
Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 03:18:51 PM »

Sounds like a good idea to me.... i'm game for it.

Would you get to chose starting chips/structure?

p.s. When is the Bellagio main event?

Ben

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 03:25:01 PM »

Tournament is being played on Betfair under the private tounrey tab. Main event at the Bellagio is 18th-24th April hence the tourney is being set up a short notice. You will have a starting stack of 2000 chips and a 15 minute clock. The main event structure is 50k starting stack and starting blinds of 50-100 with a 2 hour clock.
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 03:55:11 PM »

Great idea ariston.

Im interested.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 06:51:59 PM »

The event should be up on betfair within the next couple of days under the private tourney tab. I will post the password on here when the tourney registration opens and anyone is welcome to join. Anyone who doesn't already have a betfair account can email me and I will email you with a link that gives you a rakeback of 25% (sorry for the spam but may as well get a few more players on the books  Grin) if you want to continue to use betfair. Anyone who just wants to register for this one comp can register through betfair.com
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
7djl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 09:40:46 AM »

you can put me down for a bit of this, sounds good to me  email me at lvs1v@yahoo.com if its a goer thanks david
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 09:45:58 AM »

Its definately a goer mate. I am just trying to see if I can get the clock upped to 20 mins. I will post here when the tournament registration opens and will also post the password. The tournament is limited to 51 runners to make the shares fit. Not heard anything from Tikay or anyone yet, any of you guys gonna join in?
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »

Yeah, I am up for it Russ, let me know "when".

But this is quite seperate from the much mooted Notts v Blackpool clash. I suggest this is held one afternoon during the upcoming Blackpool Festival during the first week of May. I am sure Management could be prevailed upon to supply us with a dealer (or we could self-deal) & some chips one afternoon, & we get it on. Notts may field a weakened team, as it's an away trip, but that should be more than enough to duff up the Blackpool boys. But I like Greg's suggestion (which I would ask Greg to post on here), being that the winnings are dedicated to a WSOP ticket, with ALL the players from from either Notts or Blackpool sharing in a % of the winner.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »

Agreed it is a superb idea. Never mind making excuses about the weekened team, you haven't even lost yet. Lets decide on the format first. Having spoke to Burnley John the idea of 500 a man seems a good idea which means we would need 7 a side to cover flights accom etc. A % deal is an idea I also like. Any chance of getting that young Thew kid down for the Notts boys? I have heard hes quite useful and Im looking forward to taking him down  Wink The bellagio qualifier is being set up as we speak. It is next Saturday evening. No excuses are acceptable as I am going to have to fly home from Ireland to play in this if I have no internet access in my hotel over there.

ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 11:10:49 AM »

The betfair qualifier? Can't do next Saturday I am afraid, Thewy either, as we are both at Gutshot, & so will the Poker 425 TV crew. So I am "working", so to speak. Whatever happened to retirement, I ask myself.....?

The Notts Blackpool thing is starting to look good, I will look out Greg's detailed suggestion & post it here. I note you have discussed it with Burnley John - this is poor etiquette on your part Russ. It is "not done" to speak with members of the opposition, don't you know? Or are you suddenly claiming he is one of yours?

Thewy has put his name up for selection, & I am thinking about whether he merits inclusion. It's 50/50 at the mo - we have some good players in Notts, you know.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 11:28:16 AM »

I know Burnley is a suberb of Nottingham (obviously) but you aint having him. He cut his teeth in Blackpool and will be representing the lancs lads not the Notts nutters. Thewy is only a 50/50 shot? Thought he would be at least a 60/40 shot. Maybe you could get his brother- seems a more solid type than yoyo anyway  Grin. Whats the notts lineup looking like anyway and are you going to bring a film crew with you (lol). Im sure if you send a message to Yogi a dealer wont be a problem but if we need to we can rope in a couple of the cash game dealers anyway. This dates dont clash with the Barcelona heads up I hope as Blackpool are sending a raiding party across to spain. Dos cafe grande con leche por favour.. QUANTO ES???
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
7djl

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 09:06:05 PM »

saturday will be gutshot night for me too, see what you can do please russ. want to play this comp. thanks p.s cya there tikay
boycie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2005, 08:21:47 PM »

ARISTON LET ME HAVE THE DETAILS OF THE BELLAGIO THING AND WHO GOT SOME SPONSORSHIP PACKAGE FROM BLACKPOOL TO THE VIC THIS WEEK?Huh?Huh?
WAS IT NICE BUT *** TIM

BOYCIE
MY E MAIL IS simonrimmer@hotmail.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: