blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is it alot more LUCK than skill........yesterdays M.E at Luton.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it alot more LUCK than skill........yesterdays M.E at Luton.  (Read 5472 times)
Zebediah
WSOP Champ 2008

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »

But the best man/performance on the day will win, whilst in poker, you can be the best player there, play the best poker out of anyone on that day, and still come nowhere near the final table.

Definitely spot on Snoopy, happens to me every tourney.

You're good kid, you're just not ready yet...hold on...you have all my chips
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 10:04:21 AM »

God bless you Michael you do now how to stir it up. My opinion for what it is worth (and before you say it, I know, not very much) is this,

Player A has chips which he/she has paid for.
Player B has chips which he/she has paid for.

Player A likes to take risks and play a broad spectrum of hands
Player B likes to sit for hours on end playing like a super rock

They were both prepared to put their money into the tourney regardless of how they play. That is the one of the many beauties of poker. I think trying to prove or disprove a players style and motivation for taking a certain action at a given moment is pointless. The person is either right or wrong. The person is either lucky or unlucky at a given moment. If it were just a game of skill with no luck that we are looking for then we would all play chess.

By the way it was a pleasure sitting next to you in the £200. What a table.

Very good post Phil, l don't know why l stir it up  Wink. I'm just a farmers son from a small village in the Irish Countryside trying to get a few bob from poker. I keep to myself when playing and hardly open my mouth. Whats Up, people just want a piece of me. I think l've got one of those "beat me with a stick faces". 

Look forward to sitting with you again mate. Your a true gent. Your face when your man sucked out on you early is something that will live long in my memory, lol.

Keep on posting m8, you add a lot of value and interest to the forum.

P.S.  Why have we not yet heard from Flushy?
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »

Very good post Phil, l don't know why l stir it up  Wink. I'm just a farmers son from a small village in the Irish Countryside trying to get a few bob from poker. I keep to myself when playing and hardly open my mouth. Whats Up, people just want a piece of me. I think l've got one of those "beat me with a stick faces". 

Pardon? 
If I remember rightly when playing you at Luton you were banging the table to try and get my attention so you could be verbal with me! I have never had to turn my ipod up so much!  Cheesy
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »

Firstly, this is not a post to have a dig at anyone, but more a post to get peoples thoughts on something that has probably been discussed many times before, so please forgive me if it bores you. ( FLUSHY lol )

Luton held another successful Festival this week with many good players attending. Also there were many new faces there who surprised alot of the regulars with there solid and unusual plays. One new bloke who l had not seen at festivals before was a guy called Pep (don't ask me to say his real name) from Northampton who played some good solid poker and if he continues to target these bigger events l believe he will get a few good results. One of the regulars that l have to give a mention to is Carlo Citrone, this man just keeps on going everywhere to all comps and takes his beats and wins with the same grace, he really is a credit to poker, a real gentleman. Other names in attendance this week were regulars Tikay, Mickey Wernick, JP, Stu Nash, Tighty, Red Dog, YoYo, Mick Fletcher, Jon Hewston, Tino, Tony Chapman, The Hit Squad, Paul King, Ian Woodley, James Browning, Des Jonas, Chandra, Lalit, Rob Garfield and Joe Grech. One final mention is for Fran (LittlemissC) who ran really deep in the £250, which had a tough field, well done Fran, great effort.

IVE ONLY JUST SEEN THIS,THANKS ALOT MICK I REALLY APPRECIATED HAVING SOMEONE CHEERING ME ON.
AS MOST PEOPLE KNOW I HAVE YOUNG CHILDREN SO DONT GET TO GO OUT OF NOTTS VERY OFTEN SO WHEN I GOT TO COME DOWN TO LUTON I JUMPED AT THE CHANCE(EVEN IF IT WAS ON MY OWN). I THOUGHT I PLAYED REALLY WELL JUST GOT UNLUCKEY WHEN I HIT 2 PAIR ON A FLOP FROM THE BIG BLIND AND THE SMALL BLIND HAD SLOW PLAYED ACES AND HIT TRIPS.I CAME OUT IN 14TH WHICH ALTHOUGH I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE MADE THE FINAL,WAS FAIRLY HAPPY WITH.I HELD MY OWN AMOUNST SOME GOOD PLAYERS AND DIDNT FEEL OUT OF PLACE.

THANKS AGAIN MICK FOR THE BIG UP.

FRAN

(EDITED THE RED O.K RALF)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 03:09:44 PM by littlemissC » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »

Fran, please no more red capitals 

Thanks Fran, but they did look awful, and I for one couldn't read it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 05:06:20 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »

Pardon? 
If I remember rightly when playing you at Luton you were banging the table to try and get my attention so you could be verbal with me! I have never had to turn my ipod up so much!  Cheesy

Tracy you should take this as a compliment love. You came to our table playing solid poker with many raises and much confidence. I try to target better players very quickly to let them know l will not be the whipping boy at the table but l think Ali was beating me to it. So it was a compliment not a come on. 
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »

But the best man/performance on the day will win, whilst in poker, you can be the best player there, play the best poker out of anyone on that day, and still come nowhere near the final table.

You give that same performance in 100 comps, and the skill will shine through.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2007, 08:51:48 PM »

Pardon? 

Tracy you should take this as a compliment love. You came to our table playing solid poker with many raises and much confidence. I try to target better players very quickly to let them know l will not be the whipping boy at the table but l think Ali was beating me to it. So it was a compliment not a come on. 

Thanks for the compliment (and mentioning the whipping). What am I going to do on Friday - I was going to have my hair done and legs waxed ready ........oh well - let down yet again.......sigh.   What a week - Tighty went home alone on Sunday and now rejected by the Slick Kid - it's just not my day...... Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: