blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:01:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  what happened to the online comic thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what happened to the online comic thread?  (Read 5368 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

Red I do not believe that anyone was TELLING you how to moderate, Although a few suggestions are always good to keep things ship shape.

I knnow the mods to a great job yourself included but when I read the comment i though you were upset about something as that sort of comment is just out of character for you in particular red, perhaps a smiley would have helped?

The guy made a booboo, he admitted it, he was just sharing something we could relate to and find funny.

Yes, I was a little annoyed! I deleted a spammy thread last night, I did it while I was busy with several other things. Never the less, I was questioned by the members and I had to take the time to answer their questions. Then, today (when I am also busy) he reads about the reasons for deletion, and promptly posts it again.

I do get tetchy sometimes, and when I do I'm not always at my most diplomatic, but I'm a nice guy really  Wink

Is that an aploogy then?

I personally think a bit of spam is less damaging to blonde than 'mods' being offensive to new members.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »

Gosh!

Poor Red's been backed into a corner, was probably doing 4 or 5 things at once (you know how men can't multitask!).

It was a tad curt, but knowing Red, I expect it was made in the best of hearts, and meant to be seen as a playful smack on the hand.

I believe he has tried to make amends....

Mr Newbie, shrinking player bases in line with the current situation (The Oncoming Storm - top marks to those who can spot that reference), has probably made the mods a bit protective of their lovely cardroom. They are all lovely really.

I'm not sucking up to anyone - god knows I wouldn't do that - ask the mods LOL, but lots of bods attacking is a sure fire way to get ANYONE's hackles up, specially a pedigree like Red's. Let him get out of his corner, shake his fur down and then everyone will be a bit calmer Smiley

Thing is with moderation, is that, like a host at a particularly nice party, you aren't supposed to notice them unless they mess up, usually swearing loudly at the third glass of red wine on their beige carpet. Who knows what has happened in the secret room (they probably still haven't found the kettle) over the last few days - you won't have noticed the crisii they have averted - because they were doing their job seamlessly as usual.

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 05:19:56 PM »

Hey guys, I'm the writer of the comic and I saw this thread in the referrers for my site and thought I'd chime in.  I agree with the moderators that linking to a site that features a competing ad can warrant the removal of the post.  I want to point out, though, that the ad on my site was only put up as a favor for a friend and that I don't make a dime off it.  I'll hopefully have paying ads soon, though!

I'd like to thank madasahatstand, tehmac, and Newmanseye for their kind words about the comics.

you are most welcome:) cant you take the poker adverts off and post your link to your comic? it is worth seeing.
is this allowed mods?

Patience is a virtue.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 05:40:54 PM »

Red I do not believe that anyone was TELLING you how to moderate, Although a few suggestions are always good to keep things ship shape.

I knnow the mods to a great job yourself included but when I read the comment i though you were upset about something as that sort of comment is just out of character for you in particular red, perhaps a smiley would have helped?

The guy made a booboo, he admitted it, he was just sharing something we could relate to and find funny.

Yes, I was a little annoyed! I deleted a spammy thread last night, I did it while I was busy with several other things. Never the less, I was questioned by the members and I had to take the time to answer their questions. Then, today (when I am also busy) he reads about the reasons for deletion, and promptly posts it again.

I do get tetchy sometimes, and when I do I'm not always at my most diplomatic, but I'm a nice guy really  Wink

Is that an aploogy then?

I personally think a bit of spam is less damaging to blonde than 'mods' being offensive to new members.

No James, it's an explanation.

Rest assured though, what you personally think is very important to me.

Thank you.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

Hey guys, I'm the writer of the comic and I saw this thread in the referrers for my site and thought I'd chime in.  I agree with the moderators that linking to a site that features a competing ad can warrant the removal of the post.  I want to point out, though, that the ad on my site was only put up as a favor for a friend and that I don't make a dime off it.  I'll hopefully have paying ads soon, though!

I'd like to thank madasahatstand, tehmac, and Newmanseye for their kind words about the comics.

you are most welcome:) cant you take the poker adverts off and post your link to your comic? it is worth seeing.
is this allowed mods?

Yes.

The older I get, the better I was.
Bobby Crosby
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 06:19:51 PM »

cant you take the poker adverts off and post your link to your comic?
Well it's not a big enough deal to me to remove the banner just for this, especially since I might be getting a big sponsor soon and would then have a new ad up anyway, causing the removal of the link again and even more trouble for the mods!  But maybe this will work (in case the following gets edited out, I'm linking to a page that has zero ads on it) --

http://plusev.net/plusev20060811.gif

That shows the first strip without any ads or anything, just the comic.  New strips run every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and that first strip was on a Friday, August 11, so you could just change the date at the end of that link to 814 for the second strip, Monday, then 816 (Wed), 818 (Fri), 821 (Mon), and so on.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

No James, it's an explanation.

Rest assured though, what you personally think is very important to me.

Thank you.

Thats why you are the best mod....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Bobby Crosby
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »

Just wanted to say that there aren't any poker ads on the site anymore, so here's the link to the first comic in the archives if anyone wants to read through 'em!

http://plusev.net/d/20060811.html
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2007, 06:00:47 PM »

awesome dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »

Very funny!

Thanks Bobby.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW