blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272831 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Think of this poor bugger next time you get a badbeat
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Think of this poor bugger next time you get a badbeat  (Read 1791 times)
pokerdave69

YOU ARE THE MAN

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Full Tilt Poker Game #1830086866: Table Vasari (heads up) - $200/$400 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:21:11 ET - 2007/02/19
Seat 1: Son-in-Law ($67,608.75)
Seat 2: durrrr ($77,241.75)
durrrr posts the small blind of $200
Son-in-Law posts the big blind of $400
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
durrrr raises to $1,200
Son-in-Law raises to $3,600
durrrr calls $2,400
*** FLOP *** [ ]
Son-in-Law bets $5,000
durrrr raises to $15,700
Son-in-Law calls $10,700
*** TURN *** [ ] []
Son-in-Law checks
durrrr has 15 seconds left to act
durrrr bets $57,941.75, and is all in
Son-in-Law calls $48,308.75, and is all in
durrrr shows [ ]
Son-in-Law shows [ ]
Uncalled bet of $9,633 returned to durrrr
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
durrrr shows a straight flush, Eight high
Son-in-Law shows four of a kind, Tens
durrrr wins the pot ($135,217) with a straight flush, Eight high
Son-in-Law is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $135,217.50 | Rake $0.50
Board: [ ]
Seat 1: Son-in-Law (big blind) showed [ ] and lost with four of a kind, Tens
Seat 2: durrrr (small blind) showed [ ] and won ($135,217) with a straight flush, Eight high
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=20452.0

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 03:52:38 PM »

Only the 3rd time its been posted to be fair

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

ouch, that must be the worst feeling in the World.  I wonder how long it was before he played again
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:10:50 PM »

ouch, that must be the worst feeling in the World.  I wonder how long it was before he played again

74 seconds.

ouch, that must be the worst feeling in the World.  I wonder how long it was before he was playing his A game again

A bit longer

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

Standard internet play money moves - see it all the time...............

sponsored by Fyffes
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 05:38:50 PM »

To be fair, it's no different in terms of getting all your money in on a raggy flop with A-A vs K-K on the turn and a K coming on the river.

TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »

To be fair, it's no different in terms of getting all your money in on a raggy flop with A-A vs K-K on the turn and a K coming on the river.
Well, KK has every reason to believe he's ahead, this guy knows he's on a draw. Still on a draw when the money goes in too...
If I was the s/flush winner here I would still be worried that my money went in so far behind. Losing player long term.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »

Well, KK has every reason to believe he's ahead, this guy knows he's on a draw. Still on a draw when the money goes in too...
If I was the s/flush winner here I would still be worried that my money went in so far behind. Losing player long term.

lol he makes a good move and happens to run into a monster and you instantly class him as a long term losing player.

TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »

lol he makes a good move and happens to run into a monster and you instantly class him as a long term losing player.
let me break it down for you a bit. Bets on paired flop, is raised 3 times that amount, and flat calls. Solid chance he has a 10. He checks the turn. If he's on a flush draw, he's betting the turn. He checks, because he thinks his opponent has not correctly put him on trips (because of the flop reraise), and invites a bluff, maybe a semibluff because the straight and flush draws are out. His opponent, f*kwhit who shouldn't be playing with that kind of money, falls for it and places a bet *which is only going to be called by someone with trip tens or a boat*, and his actions to this point give solid indication that he has a ten. Dumbo only bets because he has failed to grasp this and misreads the turn check. The odds against trips are *horrendous*, some of the straight and flush outs give a boat anyway. He could have had a much cheaper river, but decides to maximize the possible cost which is a very robust losing play long term, which make him a losing player if he keeps it up.
Keep reaching for the rainbow.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »

let me break it down for you a bit. Bets on paired flop, is raised 3 times that amount, and flat calls. Solid chance he has a 10. He checks the turn. If he's on a flush draw, he's betting the turn. He checks, because he thinks his opponent has not correctly put him on trips (because of the flop reraise), and invites a bluff, maybe a semibluff because the straight and flush draws are out. His opponent, f*kwhit who shouldn't be playing with that kind of money, falls for it and places a bet *which is only going to be called by someone with trip tens or a boat*, and his actions to this point give solid indication that he has a ten. Dumbo only bets because he has failed to grasp this and misreads the turn check. The odds against trips are *horrendous*, some of the straight and flush outs give a boat anyway. He could have had a much cheaper river, but decides to maximize the possible cost which is a very robust losing play long term, which make him a losing player if he keeps it up.
Keep reaching for the rainbow.

Can i play you HU 24/7 please! I have outstanding yacht payments!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 11:06:02 PM »

Durrrr is far from a losing player and to say he is, is misguided. The further you get from NL 200 either way the more the game resembles play money.

This is high stakes heads up poker if you don't mix up your play and make moves you will get slaughtered. To comment on this hand alone to be honest is difficult unless you know the history between the 2 in recent and long term past.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 11:10:16 PM »

durrr
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 11:23:29 PM »

What a durrr brain
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 11:58:25 PM »

Durrrr is far from a losing player and to say he is, is misguided. The further you get from NL 200 either way the more the game resembles play money.

This is high stakes heads up poker if you don't mix up your play and make moves you will get slaughtered. To comment on this hand alone to be honest is difficult unless you know the history between the 2 in recent and long term past.

Don't be silly he can only have trips here, Paul said so.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: