blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:59:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  will hill gprix tonight
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: will hill gprix tonight  (Read 2509 times)
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 02:35:47 PM »

And in my opinion roy had plenty of his out luckouts. Lets not forget the play that put vivky out, raised UTG with 9 6o, vicky reraised all in and im pretty sure he didnt have the value to call!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »

After watching that and skypoker last night it seemed the absolute worst plays were being rewarded. I cant say how many runner runner's came out to crack aces on it last night. I am starting to believe its RIGGED! 
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »

And in my opinion roy had plenty of his out luckouts. Lets not forget the play that put vivky out, raised UTG with 9 6o, vicky reraised all in and im pretty sure he didnt have the value to call!
Yea, those 35% to 65% suck outs are the worse Grin
Roy gambled preflop in a situation where he would still be in the tourny if he lost. Hutchins put his tourny  life on the line into a situation where he could have been drawing dead.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:41:39 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 02:43:26 PM »

But he wasnt to know what vicky had, surely considering she played around a total of 4 hands!!!! she should get respect i think even though i dont like her, she could have eailyhad a high pair or even just a pair of 7's and above she was an 8 to 2!!! And also found he overplayed second pair way too much! Pissed away a lot to huchins on that Q8 vs K8 hand!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:46:38 PM by KingPoker » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 02:45:11 PM »

Sure, Roy was unlucky, but turn it on it's head. On the flop, Roy was 78% favourite - he WANTS a call in that shape, surely, & if he gets sucked out, well so be it. It's the very essence of pokler!
Of cause Roy wants a call in that spot, EVERYONE would , but that doesnt change the fact of Hutchins making a horrendous call for all of his chipsĀ  where he could have been drawing dead.

Comments are being made on how terrible the call was, not on whether Roy wanted a call or not.
He isnt a relation is he Tikay? Cheesy

Well that's exactly my (badly made, maybe) point - he WANTS a terrible call. As for the Caller, well, yes, it was "creative" shall we say.

Mr Hutchins is not a relation, but "The Boy" & I share youthful reputations, I used to have the same nickname.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »

But he wasnt to know what vicky had, surely considering she played around a total of 4 hands!!!! she should get respect i think even though i dont like her, she could have eailyhad a high pair or even just a pair of 5's and above she was an 8 to 2!!! And also found he overplayed second pair way too much! Pissed away a lot to huchins on that Q8 vs K8 hand!
TBH I thought Roy played great and totally deserved to win. Only if vicky had 10's and above is he 4-1 dog. He obv felt he was correctly priced in for the call on the good chance she didnt have any of those holdings. The main part is he still had chips to fight on if he was wrong or lost the hand.
In Hutchins case it was a totally diferent scenario, he was being made to put ALL of his chips into a pot where he could have been drawing dead and out of  the tourny.

Roy also made some great plays, i.e A8 VS Q9 (Andy Black) where they both missed and Roy restole it after Andys initial attempt to steal it.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 03:02:54 PM »

what about his luckbox against andy with the j10 when andy kne he was bluffing and called all the way with k high til brindley rivered the jack!

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »

what about his luckbox against andy with the j10 when andy kne he was bluffing and called all the way with k high til brindley rivered the jack!
Sorry I missed the first 45 mins of the show so I cant comment

My Dad

Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »

Sorry I missed the first 45 mins of the show so I cant comment
It may be the case that Roy got lucky in some spots, I saw more skill than luck from his performance though.As I said I missed the first 45 mins, did Roy call for all his chips in a hand where he could have been dead though?

My Dad

Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

Is this the hand where Andy Black said in his post exit interview that he played the hand terrible and allowed Roy to catch up?

My Dad

Tony Bolto
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 03:13:02 PM »

I dont see how he played it terribly though (that interview annoyed me) he knew brindley would bet til the river to bluff so was guaranteed a nice pot, if he had rerasied on flop or turn brindley would have folded and the pot would have been minimal!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: