blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 08:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 163575 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 24, 2009, 10:42:01 PM »

Just watched some of it, quality. If Kimbo loses next week is he out or how does it work?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »

Just watched some of it, quality. If Kimbo loses next week is he out or how does it work?

Out of the competition unless someone pulls out with an injury (which is actually quite common) in which case a loser can replace them

Even if a fighter loses they still stay in the house and train for the duration of the show.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 25, 2009, 01:41:35 AM »

Were we watching the same fight?  I thought McSweeney v Shivers was awful.  Shivers cardio was terrible and he didnt seem to have that much technique at all.  McSweeney had some decent defense and some nice kicks but nothing else, doesnt look like he could finish a fight ever.  Both gassed had and were just standing around doing nothing, probably shouldve went to a 3rd round but I think the judges decided to save us from having to watch them fight anymore.

I think this series is pretty terrible, none of the fighters Ive seen so far have impressed me at all, the fights themselves have been terrible, Dana looks like he doesnt care, Rashad doesnt know anyones names and has picked the 1st 2 fights seemingly at random and lost them both.  Rashad seems to be taking it seriously and has Greg Jackson helping him out but we havent seen much of that.

The only reason Im gonna keep watching it is that Im interested to see how Kimbo does.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 25, 2009, 01:44:26 AM »

Were we watching the same fight?  I thought McSweeney v Shivers was awful.  Shivers cardio was terrible and he didnt seem to have that much technique at all.  McSweeney had some decent defense and some nice kicks but nothing else, doesnt look like he could finish a fight ever.  Both gassed had and were just standing around doing nothing, probably shouldve went to a 3rd round but I think the judges decided to save us from having to watch them fight anymore.

I think this series is pretty terrible, none of the fighters Ive seen so far have impressed me at all, the fights themselves have been terrible, Dana looks like he doesnt care, Rashad doesnt know anyones names and has picked the 1st 2 fights seemingly at random and lost them both.  Rashad seems to be taking it seriously and has Greg Jackson helping him out but we havent seen much of that.

The only reason Im gonna keep watching it is that Im interested to see how Kimbo does.

That's the only reason everyone is watching, especially me.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 25, 2009, 09:21:59 AM »

I didn't say it was a good fight, I just meant decent as in better than last week. U can't deny it was much more enjoyable - it had many more elements to it. For a fight to be good it doesn't necessarily have to be high quality.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 18, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »

Did anyone(adam?) ever see the vale tudor where Rickson Gracie won it. He beat a guy known as Dragon Slayer in the final. This guy was about 9/10 stone and 5'2 or soemthing but beat a guy weighing 350 lbs+ in the first fight and a 6`2 inch savatte champ in the next round.

By the time he got to the final he was in very bad shape, especially to be fighting someone as good as Rickson and lost, but the guy was truly amazing to overcome such weight, height and reach deficiencies.

Just reading some old posts in this thread and this is on first page. I recommend getting this DVD - it's called Choke and can be picked up for under a 5er.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »

Rampage isn't interested in anything MMA anymore, the sport and fighters have gone to commercial for the likes of Rampage, there are other avenue's out there for guys of his personality, this is why he has retired and gone into acting. He's more interested in fame now rather than fighting, very evident on this TUF series.

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 03, 2009, 12:03:54 AM »

gooooooooooooooo Diegoooooo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vI0N4FZfhHw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vI0N4FZfhHw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2009, 12:05:27 AM »

Embedding not working.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI0N4FZfhHw
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:26 AM »

Bisping v. Wanderlai Silva booked for February at UFC 10 in Australia. Incred! And GSP v. Hardy at UFC 11 in March it seems.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 03, 2009, 12:13:13 AM »

gogogo Wanderlei imo.

I just absolutely love everything about the guy.

Btw, does anyone watch RioHeroes?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:21 AM »

wtf is RioHeroes?

Sick fight cos I like both Bisping and Wand, but think I'll definately be rooting for Bisping.

UFC 12 likely to be in the O2.
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »

Think I've seen a couple of rio heroes fights, is that the really brutal one? Bare knuckle maybe? When I was watching there were some really dirty fighter, head stomping after the bell etc.

I hoping Wandy takes this fight, I think he's better fighter standing up and on the ground but his old war torn body could fail him.

Anyone watch the last TUF ep today? I won't say anything yet I don't want to spoil.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »

wtf is RioHeroes?

Sick fight cos I like both Bisping and Wand, but think I'll definately be rooting for Bisping.

UFC 12 likely to be in the O2.

Wandy is just an abs hero cos I love his attitude. The way he told Rampage and Mark Coleman he was gonna kill them after Coleman had to be pulled away from Shogun when he broke his arm was just class.

Wandy is the sort of guy who literally fears no-one, was a complete sicko back in the day but has just been fighting so long he's no longer what he was. Will be a shame for me if Bisping beats him as Bisping is not in the same class imo.

And yeah RioHeroes is like the Brazilian underground cage fighting, except all bare knuckle. Some fights can be found on youtube.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »

Anyone watch the last TUF ep today? I won't say anything yet I don't want to spoil.

Where'd u watch it Benji?

I usually watch it on MMA-Core or Ninja but not up on either. Ep 11 was aired in Austrailia last week so seen that just not seen Ep 12 with the semis.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: