blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:06:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MikkyT - We get the truth from the BBC  (Read 70312 times)
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2007, 01:32:58 AM »

Thank you, and also thank you to everyone that has stood by me and supported me. It means a lot.

i agree

u come across as a nice girl

put this down as a notch to life experience,but don't let it affect you too much.....

he seems to have manipulated a lot of people in his time...I hear these type do

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
smithy69

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2007, 01:33:40 AM »

im friends with poppet and have told her the same -

naive - yes
dumb - possibly

an evil or horrible person  = def. not imo

Thought I had better put a pic of me on here, so you knew what my ugly mug was really like
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »

smithy loves poppet.,.,.a happy ending Huh?? (sort of?)lol.,.,
serious guys i didnt like to say it but sorry poppet you are a bit soft lol my sisters the same she talks to anyone in the street.,.,shes crackers.,.,.chin up poppet.,.you got sucked in by a piece of dirt, now you wiped it of you feet and walk with clean shoes.,.,.,.,.hey that was good wasnt it ??

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
The Dundonian

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2007, 01:41:21 AM »

What a sad sad day, to wake up and read this, like everyone I'm horrified.

Just a word for Poppet, I'm in my 40's have worked all over the world in the craziest of places and met so many diverse people it's unbelievable. I am still taken in by people who I believe are genuine, I always give people the benefit of the doubt and it drives my wife crazy.
I maintain though that this is the only way to be, if I was suspicious and untrusting of everyone I would never get anywhere and the very good friends I have around the world I wouldn't have. I wouldn't change it for the world despite being let down and hurt often.
Keep your heart and your mind open, dont let this change you or for that matter don't let it change any of us in the Blonde family.

As a father my heart goes out to the family I wish there was something we could do to help! Any suggestions are welcome.

All i can say from a poker players view which means life revolves around money is donate donate donate! There are plenty of charities we could all donate too! Maybe NSPCC?? im sure it would be possible to pool money together on here somehow!

Lets not forget this kid was brave enough to come forward but 1000's of kids cant coz of the horrible abuse, we can play our part in stopping it aswell!

Yes mate that might be an idea. I applaud the work the NSPCC or the SSPCC do but I always find it difficult to justify giving to these types of charities when the running and administration costs take  90%+ of the money donated, I will give it some thought though.

I'm a rubber duck you can't quack me!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2007, 01:43:24 AM »

i can say it now im leaving.,.,dont give it to game for life

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2007, 01:48:10 AM »

Also, I;d just like to try and explain something else. When Mikky told me he'd been accused of hurting the kids, and said he was drunk so couldn't remember I remember thinking it was just his ex pissing about cos he'd told me all this stuff about her and led me to believe she was a psycho, so I sort of thought "oh well it's just her being a bitch as usual". I never met his kids but I heard him talk to them before and he sounded very calm and friendly, and patient with them that I never believed he would harm children. So, I was naive in that sense too.

When I told Mikky about my experience when I was younger, he cried.... I don't get that

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

Just a word for Poppet, I'm in my 40's have worked all over the world in the craziest of places and met so many diverse people it's unbelievable. I am still taken in by people who I believe are genuine, I always give people the benefit of the doubt and it drives my wife crazy.
I maintain though that this is the only way to be, if I was suspicious and untrusting of everyone I would never get anywhere and the very good friends I have around the world I wouldn't have. I wouldn't change it for the world despite being let down and hurt often.
Keep your heart and your mind open, dont let this change you or for that matter don't let it change any of us in the Blonde family.

As a father my heart goes out to the family I wish there was something we could do to help! Any suggestions are welcome.

All i can say from a poker players view which means life revolves around money is donate donate donate! There are plenty of charities we could all donate too! Maybe NSPCC?? im sure it would be possible to pool money together on here somehow!

Lets not forget this kid was brave enough to come forward but 1000's of kids cant coz of the horrible abuse, we can play our part in stopping it aswell!

Yes mate that might be an idea. I applaud the work the NSPCC or the SSPCC do but I always find it difficult to justify giving to these types of charities when the running and administration costs take  90%+ of the money donated, I will give it some thought though.

Excellent, those were just the ones that came to mind first. If anybody knows of any others then please post. Im sure veryone will donate after how personally this has effected us all!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2007, 01:49:48 AM »

come on blonde people i feel sick to my stomach about what has happened.,.,but would you let one bad apple spoil the barrel,i had pics up on his thread of my boy andim fuming,i know i didnt know him but i chatted with him on here a few times and thought he was a prick.,.,.,but that was my opinion.,.,.
""""COME ON BLONDES CHIN UP""""

OR I WILL DO A DRAWING THAT WILL FRIGHTEN THE LIFE OUT OF YOUR KIDS IF YOU SHOW THEM.,.,.,lets all cheer up.,.,i cant leave this site till you all put this behind you and move on.,.,.its happened hes in prison.,.,he wont get back on here with the real ironside watching.,.,.cheer up now.,.,or else i will DRAW,.,.,

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2007, 01:52:57 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2007, 01:53:57 AM »

Hello Everyone, I have only just been informed about this thread, I have read through it and thought I better explain myself, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Please try to bear with me whilst I come to terms with it myself...

As most of you know I was close to Mikky during Sept/Oct 2006. I visited him at his house and believed he was a good friend, and a good person. I noticed he'd been offline for a while at the end of Oct and he called me from prison telling me he'd been accused of HURTING the children, he told me he was drunk and didn't have a story so he didn't know what he'd done. He said the kids had got up one morning and gone straight to their Grans and then she came to pick up his daughter too. Then he was arrested.

He wrote to me a few times and said his Nan was ill, he asked me to tell you, the blonde forum, that he was visiting her in Liverpool. As his friend, I stupidly tried to protect him and only confided in a few close friends about it. I asked for advice and they said that all I could do was wait for the truth to come out and deal with the consequences.

I thought those consequences would be along the lines of "Poppet is a liar"... I never, in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever be accused of covering up for a dirty child abuser. Maybe it's natural to think that of me? But I am telling you all now, I would never ever cover up for anyone, even if I was madly in love with someone. Child abuse is not acceptable, or in any way forgiveable... I know, because I experienced it when I was 5 years old and remember it vividly.

So I can imagine how those poor children feel, and unfortunately, it will probably haunt them forever, which is why I believe Mikky deserves longer inside.

It sickens me to think that I stayed at his house, and even used the computer that had digusting hidden images somewhere on it. I was stupid, foolish and naive...and I wish I had never met the guy.

I am no longer in contact with him, he called me in Feb but I didn't answer, and he wrote to me about 2 weeks ago and I didn't reply. If I ever write to him again it will only be to tell him exactly what I think of him.

If anyone wants any other answers I am happy to give them because I know I didn't hide anything and I will be honest about anything anyone asks me.

I apologise for lying about Mikky being at his Grans, but back then I just saw it as protecting a 'friend'.

Poppet

Poppet, I don't think you had to come on and explain yourself at all but fair play to you for doing so in what comes across as a very open and honest post.

No surprise there, if there's two things that have always characterised the way you conduct yourself on blonde they've been simplicity and honesty. In a forum full of duplicitous poker players used to playing their cards close to their chest this sticks out a country mile!

I'm sure you're hurting at the news more so than most of the people who've posted their disgust, especially given your experiences and previous friendship with mikky.

I'd take any negative comments made with a pinch of salt. People often come out with things they don't mean in the aftermath of shocking events like this.

Most people will feel a lot of sympathy for you, as well as for the kids and other victims involved in this.

Best of luck to you in everything Smiley

thumbs up thumbs up

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2007, 01:55:24 AM »

How do these things work?   Does 6 years mean 6 years, or will that be three years if he behaves in Prison?   Or as his crime is one of the most serious, he will actually get 6 years?      ( Not sure if that makes sense.  My brain is tiring right now )

normally if you get 6 years you do half with good behaviour thats 99% of the time plus any time hes been on remand will be deducted from his sentence,with what he did im not sure if they have to do the full whack.,.,

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2007, 01:56:33 AM »

Yes mate that might be an idea. I applaud the work the NSPCC or the SSPCC do but I always find it difficult to justify giving to these types of charities when the running and administration costs take  90%+ of the money donated, I will give it some thought though.

Last year the NSPCC spent 58% of it's budget on running and administration costs.

This doesn't compare very favourably with some other charities who spend as little as 20%.

The NSPCC's justification of this is that most of this extra cost covers the advertising and marketing costs behind raising awareness campaigns which don't necessarily also raise money.

I'm not expressing an opinion but I thought this might help people in a wider sense make their own mind up about the merits of donating to the NSPCC as opposed to other charities.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2007, 01:57:34 AM »

I believe it means he will be elligible for 'parole' in 3 years time and of course he will be on good behaviour. He will be registed on the sex offender register then will be under a supervision period when he is released, possibly with an electronic tag (depending on how dangerous they think he is) thn around 5-6 years the supervision order will be lifted and will be allowed to move or do anyhing he wants agin (of course will be banned from ever working in a job involving children but thats it)!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be allowed to buy a house next to a school, the new neighbours may never be informed about his convictions and he will start a new life. Its disgusting!!!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2007, 01:58:36 AM »

Poppet, I don't think you had to come on and explain yourself at all but fair play to you for doing so in what comes across as a very open and honest post.

No surprise there, if there's two things that have always characterised the way you conduct yourself on blonde they've been simplicity and honesty. In a forum full of duplicitous poker players used to playing their cards close to their chest this sticks out a country mile!

I'm sure you're hurting at the news more so than most of the people who've posted their disgust, especially given your experiences and previous friendship with mikky.

I'd take any negative comments made with a pinch of salt. People often come out with things they don't mean in the aftermath of shocking events like this.

Most people will feel a lot of sympathy for you, as well as for the kids and other victims involved in this.

Best of luck to you in everything

;iagree;greatpost thats what i meant but im chit at typing

edy g

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2007, 02:01:29 AM »

poppett ive never met you,however i just wanted to add that you have nothing imo to be ashamed of and you were taken for a ride and i am sure that the people of blonde do not think you tried to cover for michael in any devious way.Thank you for replying to the thred.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: