blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Do you call or wait for a better spot?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you call or wait for a better spot?  (Read 3437 times)
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

I call alll day
Muahahahaha

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 11:04:45 AM »

I'm a bit slow into this one, sorry, but it reminded me of something shown on last years WSOP.  It's a little bit hazy by now, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Not the main event, Joe Hachem got HU with a lesser player. ( I forget his name, I'll call him Bob ).

Bob had a chip lead & his game plan was to get Hachem all in as often as possible, whether he had the best hand or not.  Hachem was happy as long as he had the best hand, Bob was working on the idea that eventually the maths would drop in his favour.  He might be a 2/1 dog each hand, but that meant that  in 3 or 4 hands he was likely to win.

Eventually it worked.

I think in this case similar tactics sound good to me.  It's not gambling, it's using the mathematical fact that you need to have him all in before you can win, and it doesn't matter if you are 4/1 favourite or 4/1 dog, do it enough times & one will fall in your favour.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 03:04:30 AM »

Problem is, every time he wins he doubles up and gets more powerful............fine line.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »

I'm a bit slow into this one, sorry, but it reminded me of something shown on last years WSOP.  It's a little bit hazy by now, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Not the main event, Joe Hachem got HU with a lesser player. ( I forget his name, I'll call him Bob ).

Bob had a chip lead & his game plan was to get Hachem all in as often as possible, whether he had the best hand or not.  Hachem was happy as long as he had the best hand, Bob was working on the idea that eventually the maths would drop in his favour.  He might be a 2/1 dog each hand, but that meant that  in 3 or 4 hands he was likely to win.

Eventually it worked.

I think in this case similar tactics sound good to me.  It's not gambling, it's using the mathematical fact that you need to have him all in before you can win, and it doesn't matter if you are 4/1 favourite or 4/1 dog, do it enough times & one will fall in your favour.
You mean well known pro Dutch Boyd?

I agree easy call in relation to chip stacks esp holding an Ace. Before you posted his holding Iwould have said hes likely to push with any pictures which he did. ul gg
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:03:02 PM by I KNOW IT » Logged

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Super Sat
1 seat
F all for 2nd

Blinds 150 300 with ante

You are heads up and have 22000
Other guy has 2800

You get dealt A2 o/s
He pushes in

Call? Or wait for a better spot?

Is this the first time he has gone all in?

How did he end up with 2800, has he just lost a big pot? maybe it's a frustrated push.

Even if you double him up he'll only have around 6,000 and you'll have around 19,000. Still a healthy lead heads up. This might be worth a calculated gamble to end it right now

If this is the first time he has pushed then I'd give him credit for having an Ace or a pair rather than just random shite.

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: