blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  QQ.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QQ.....  (Read 794 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2007, 12:24:35 AM »

Ok I wondered about this hand...

30$ double stack comp on playtech. 3k starting chips , you have 2.9k blinds 10/ 20.

QQ UTG+1, you raise to 100, flat call from MP and button (early days but his stack is intact at 3k so hasn't played a hand)  pops it to 540.

How do you play......?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »

Deep stacked, call and pot it on a non A K flop.

Not deep stacked, ,,, ship it in preflop! lol
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

Flat call and see what flops. No need to move in here. no A or K on the flop (or a ridiculously dangerous flop) you bet it and bet it hard.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 02:24:13 PM »

I felt like he had a good hand preflop something like JJ+, AK so i decided to flat call.

Flop is K K T. I checked the flop as given the range I thought he's got, he's either crushing me or got 2 outs so I thought I'd see how he liked it then value bet later/ control pot to allow me to bail if I think he's got me.

He bets 180? Small bet which confused me. I couldn't decide if he really liked it and was sucking me in or he really hated it!

So I played it passively and flat called. Turn's a blank, i checked again with the plan that if he checked I'd value bet his likely JJ on the river....

You like - or too passive?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:16:53 AM »

Just to finish off the hand.

River was a Q giving me a boat on a KKT x Q board.

I bet 700 which i felt he might well call with a JJ AQ maybe AA or raise me with better which presumably I'd have beat.

He did raise me so i assumed he's slowplayed TT or AK. We get the rest of the chips in and he has KK for quads.

I thought he played the hand very well, and I thought I played it ok, apart from maybe I could've bet the turn but I don't think my line's that bad and it's one of those hands that I was destined to get stacked on, unless that Q doesn't hit the river.

If this sounds like a long convoluted way to say I got a bad beat because I hit a 2 out on the river whilst drawing dead then that's not my intention lol
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:20:49 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: