blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  whats your move amd why????
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: whats your move amd why????  (Read 1940 times)
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 07:11:25 PM »

Very first thing I thought when I read the post was "only 90 with QQ??" I make it 120 or 150 depending on the table, and 150/180 with any prior limpers. In these low stakes STTs alot of players just want to give you their chips to see a flop, only charging them 90 to call with almost ATC is criminal.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »

Very first thing I thought when I read the post was "only 90 with QQ??" I make it 120 or 150 depending on the table, and 150/180 with any prior limpers. In these low stakes STTs alot of players just want to give you their chips to see a flop, only charging them 90 to call with almost ATC is criminal.

with limpers i will raise more but i am quite happy with a standard raise every time

raising more imho wins you small pots or loses you large ones

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »

Re: whats your move amd why?Huh?
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 07:08:29 pm » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's results-orientated to think that pushing or reraising a committing amount is "good play" because he passed.

He passed because he had nothing. You basically got a hand to pass that had very little chance of beating you. Congratulations. If he has a set or flush or king he calls, which means you nearly always get called when you are behind and nearly always get a fold when you are ahead.

There's a poker maxim that your bets should be designed to get worse hands calling and better hands folding, an it's a good one.  Obviously it's possible he does call with a worse hand such as the  or smaller pp like TT or 99with a diamond, but this is fairly unlikely.

There are times when for various reasons you want to fold out draws but here if he has a draw it is a weak one.

If you want to be results orientated then clearly a better strategy would be to call, and check call any river ( bar a non-diamond ace, this would be a tricky one) as he has nothing and you make chips from his bluff.

Otherwise, check calling is better than raising here, imo as he has nothing a lot and you get chips when he has nothing and dont stack off when he has something strong.

The only merit to pushing the turn is to save a potentially tough decision on a diamond river, but this is an unlikely scenario and for the reasons above is a bad play imo.

I think JungleCat makes some good points in this post.

However, when our opponent re-raises on the turn it is at this point that I feel he has nothing. Not when he passes. The move was out of context and only makes sense if he holds  .

I agree that calling and check-calling is a smart alternative.

But with the draw he may call the all-in...many on the internet do. I'm never surprised by what I see on-line!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 02:07:58 PM »

with limpers i will raise more but i am quite happy with a standard raise every time

lol

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 03:59:32 PM »

lol

Maybe playing against proper players live. But online you really need to narrow the field. Do you think any of them give a shite if you raise 90 or 200. Get more money in the pot and hope to narrow the field. I gaurantee they are not observing the differences in your preflop bet sizing.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: