blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mansion final table cock-up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mansion final table cock-up  (Read 796 times)
Zebediah
WSOP Champ 2008

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 01:11:01 PM »

As I mentioned in the main forum here was my brainfart.

A bit of previous for my reasoning here.

On the final table bubble I am watching the 5 players on the other table as well as my own.
One guy was playing the maniac and from the chatbox it seems he had been doing it for a while.
Pushing allin with 95off etc, maniac or bubble play? He nearly went out then got a couple of double throughs to get 200,000 when we hit the final table (both double throughs he went allin behind).
I am chip leader with 250,000.

Fairly early in I am on the button and "maniac" is on bb.
I get dealt AQ suited and make a standard raise, he pushes allin.
Unlike stars you can't have a think in situations like this so it's speed poker decision time.
This looks to me like either a small pair or rag ace trying to push me out of the pot, he's gonna trap with a monster.
I almost folded as even against rags I am not a monster favourite and do I really want to gamble against him?
But I sway to my other thinking, opportunity to become a real big stack and dominate the table.
But the real reason I called was I felt I would have made him table captain and gave him the chip lead, I really don't like loose aggressive players (Though it was possible he stopped the loose play for the final table after I left) having me covered in chips.
He flipped AK...the worst possible hand he could have had...I discounted AA KK and QQ. I honestly thought a coin flip would be the worst outcome for me.

Crippled and out in 9th shortly after as the only stack lower than me doubled through shortly before my push and lose.

Even now I am not sure what I would do in that position again, fold and then just hope to get the cards to win, or go head-on and take a chance to be able to boss the table. Obviously due to that outcome I am 80/20 towards folding, though in the heat of battle who knows? Sometimes you have to make a marginal play to show the other players they can't try pushing you about without a real hand.

You're good kid, you're just not ready yet...hold on...you have all my chips
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »

Even blind squirrels find the nuts. he knows you know he's lag. Wait for a better opportunity.

Having said that id have called too as im a non-believer.
Zebediah
WSOP Champ 2008

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:17:33 PM »

The other factor was that as chip leader raising on the button, he could have had me stealing with garbage, while I had a genuine (iffy) hand.
I really was wanting to see a weak ace rather than 8J or something.

You're good kid, you're just not ready yet...hold on...you have all my chips
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »

Bah, ur entitled to think your hand is good. Just put it down to one of those things.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: