blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brighton GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 28025 times)
bullitpete

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 18, 2007, 03:13:10 AM »

Thanks Jen. I carnt see foxy wanting to wait till saturday to come back with 8k im sure he'll be pushing soon enough.

a postive something is better than a negative nothing
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 18, 2007, 03:18:25 AM »

Flushy just lost a chunk with against ...

The King four-flushed....

Then with literally seconds to go I saw him shove a big chunk of stack in preflop over the top of under the gun all-in mover Ronnie Debeaulox... although Marty gave it the dwell in the small blind (tense moments for James, perhaps) he got it heads up, as he wanted with his vs. Ron's .  No surprises from the board this time, and "I'm back in it..."

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 18, 2007, 03:23:45 AM »

And the closing minutes of the tournament saw absolute carnage - one table losing four players in a matter of minutes as the clock ticked down.  Another eliminatee was Daniell Tock, whose ran into ... honestly we're not entirely sure who's left and who's busted - down to under 46 players and we were kicked out for the final chip count (in which we no longer participate directly). 

This count will be making its way up by 5am today, or before 4pm tomorrow, when Day 1B kicks off...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2007, 03:29:59 AM »

Thanks Jen. I carnt see foxy wanting to wait till saturday to come back with 8k im sure he'll be pushing soon enough.

He's up to at least 14k now. Play has ended for the day.... Chips counts to come later.

We'll see you all tomorrow.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2007, 03:31:02 AM »

Well, this press room has emptied like a packet of quavers, so we're off - chip counts from the luxury of our hotel, or tomorrow.  It's been fun...

See you at 4pm.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2007, 03:33:01 AM »

2/7 tommorow! good work guys   fight on for flushys settee
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »

Flushy and Praz just got in a big pot. Flushy checked called a 3k bet from Praz on an A-9-2 rainbow board before check/raising a 4k bet on the Jack turn for another 7.5k. Praz passed eventually after a long dwell and the clock being called. Flushy did say he'd tell us later what he had but would prefer if it wasn't reported until after the tournament, (or he busts out).

So the guessing game begins...

Answers on a postcard please.

He had nothing. Or "insta-nothing" as he'd perhaps say.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2007, 06:50:53 AM »

Goooo Flushy!

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: May 18, 2007, 08:14:26 AM »

you the man flushy!

get back saturday and get it won!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 18, 2007, 08:54:35 AM »

Flushy and Praz just got in a big pot. Flushy checked called a 3k bet from Praz on an A-9-2 rainbow board before check/raising a 4k bet on the Jack turn for another 7.5k. Praz passed eventually after a long dwell and the clock being called. Flushy did say he'd tell us later what he had but would prefer if it wasn't reported until after the tournament, (or he busts out).

This was the sickest pot i think i have ever played. Praz has overtaken me in chips and i have 37k, he raises to 1600 on the button and i decide after hours of play this is the coup i am going to play back in, i flat call, John Exley calls in the BB.

The flop  two hearts

We both check Praz bets 3200, i float, John passes.

At this point i think Praz has pretty much any 2 and i am going to try to take this away on the turn or the river.

The turn comes the 

Wahey! I have a draw, i check and Praz bets 7500, at this point i go into the tank, thinking why am i in this pot, can i still win this pot etc, after about 3 minutes Praz asks if i want to know what he has, i point out it would make my decision easier, he says "i have a set" which goes to confuse me even more! I was fairly confident if he had an A he would check behind and call the inevitable river bluff so i fancied he had the nuts (or close to it) or he is at it, eventually i decided to raise 16k more, making it 23.5k to play leaving 9k back.

Praz goes deep into the tank now, i can't exactly remember the exact speech going but his dwell is the longest i have had to endure, he is saying he thinks i am making a move with absolute air (eeek he is on me) the rail has got very big at this point given the hand has taken 12-15 minutes, Jon Raab is stood there with a video camera and i point out its probably not a good idea to get this one wrong in front of the sponsor (i felt i needed to somehow talk him out of this one as he was lining up for the push) plenty more was said and after an 8 minute dwell the clock is called on Praz by another player, he times all the way down and passes with a second to go.

It turns out he had a 2 and was seriously considering jamming for my last 9k, it would have to be a very embarrassing pass from me, happily though i lived to fight on!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 18, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »

This was the sickest pot i think i have ever played. Praz has overtaken me in chips and i have 37k, he raises to 1600 on the button and i decide after hours of play this is the coup i am going to play back in, i flat call, John Exley calls in the BB.

The flopĀ  two hearts

We both check Praz bets 3200, i float, John passes.

At this point i think Praz has pretty much any 2 and i am going to try to take this away on the turn or the river.

The turn comes theĀ 

Wahey! I have a draw, i check and Praz bets 7500, at this point i go into the tank, thinking why am i in this pot, can i still win this pot etc, after about 3 minutes Praz asks if i want to know what he has, i point out it would make my decision easier, he says "i have a set" which goes to confuse me even more! I was fairly confident if he had an A he would check behind and call the inevitable river bluff so i fancied he had the nuts (or close to it) or he is at it, eventually i decided to raise 16k more, making it 23.5k to play leaving 9k back.

Praz goes deep into the tank now, i can't exactly remember the exact speech going but his dwell is the longest i have had to endure, he is saying he thinks i am making a move with absolute air (eeek he is on me) the rail has got very big at this point given the hand has taken 12-15 minutes, Jon Raab is stood there with a video camera and i point out its probably not a good idea to get this one wrong in front of the sponsor (i felt i needed to somehow talk him out of this one as he was lining up for the push) plenty more was said and after an 8 minute dwell the clock is called on Praz by another player, he times all the way down and passes with a second to go.

It turns out he had a 2 and was seriously considering jamming for my last 9k, it would have to be a very embarrassing pass from me, happily though i lived to fight on!

Wicked stuff Chopper, very well played, & written.

It was always absolutely nailed on that you had nothing.

Bless you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »

what a call that would have been with a pair of 2's!!!

Wpd flushy and as tk said nicely described aswell!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2007, 10:12:59 AM »

...and I've seen him make those huge calls. All the more credit to the Chopster.

If Flushy Finals, this could be the first GUKPT to be chopped 10 ways.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 18, 2007, 10:17:37 AM »

...and I've seen him make those huge calls. All the more credit to the Chopster.

Chopped 10 ways,,,, and final do not go together - 9 handed tables i thought?!?

For what its worth, I actually have a sneeky feeling James will take this one down - yes it pains me to say it but thats what I think. Might even have a bet if the odds are right?

Mr Rab? What odds are u offering on James?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »

Chopped 10 ways,,,, and final do not go together - 9 handed tables i thought?!?
For what its worth, I actually have a sneeky feeling James will take this one down - yes it pains me to say it but thats what I think. Might even have a bet if the odds are right?

Mr Rab? What odds are u offering on James?

Agreed, but he starts to set up his Chop coups a few tables out. It's meticulously planned stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: