blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:36:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 225374 times)
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2008, 02:43:25 AM »

one of the great-grandparents is 'pauls turn'. anything to do with your old man or just a coincidence?

I also noticed that on his mothers side one is called Dempsey Duke. Made me laugh.

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: November 05, 2008, 02:58:10 AM »

one of the great-grandparents is 'pauls turn'. anything to do with your old man or just a coincidence?

I also noticed that on his mothers side one is called Dempsey Duke. Made me laugh.

i dont remembers pauls turn but certainly remember dempseys duke a very good animal indeed

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 05, 2008, 03:08:40 AM »

lol, missed that one. next dog to be called flushys bitch?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: November 05, 2008, 03:12:51 AM »

Haha, Dunno, there won't be a next dog til Rodney and Cassie have a romantic evening together.

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: November 05, 2008, 03:14:02 AM »

Haha, Dunno, there won't be a next dog til Rodney and Cassie have a romantic evening together.

hopefully not for a few years yet!

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2008, 04:44:33 PM »

All night poker/pool/boxing session on Saturday night with the ITB boys was a scream, had a proper laugh and thoroughly enjoyed their great company and top hospitality.

Rooks and myself left when the Calzage fight finished (about 6am) and drove straight to his Greyhound trainers kennels, we got there at about 7ish, (after stopping at maccyD's for brekkie) ... then parked up outside and grabbed 40 winks as the trainer wasn't due to meet us until 9am.

9am arrives and we get invited in to the kennels for a coffee and get ribbed for being total degens for pulling an all nighter and kipping in the car outside the kennels LOL

We see Rodders & Cassie, and Rodney goes bananas when he sees rooks, there is some bond there, its a joy to see. Cassie is so calm compared to Rodney, she just takes everything in her stride and is so alert. 

90 dogs in the kennels, and it really is as noisy and as manic as you would imagine, but the staff there are all top notch and they clearly know the game inside out, there was a bit of a sombre mood though as one of their dogs had broken a hock in an open race at Hull the previous night and they were waiting for vets reports etc , A stark reminder of the possible injuries that can happen in the sport.

We loaded Cassie & Rodders into the trainers van and made our way down to the practice track and after waiting for some other trainers to run their hounds, it was finally time to see what Rookies 2 could do ...

Cassie first, The trainer loaded her into the traps (after walking her through a couple of times) and the hare was on the move ... Lids pinged and Cassie was off .... she chased superbly and recorded a decent time, beating her only other trapped start in the process, big beaming smiles from all of us including the trainer !!

Then dopey Rodney stepped up for his FIRST crack at a trapped start ... rooks was like an expectant father, pacing up and down on the sidelines as Rodney was loaded ... hare on the move and Rodney got a bit of a shock as the noise of the gates opening must have spooked him a bit, but he caught sight of the bunny and he was off, his stride was a bit messy at first, but he soon found it and got his action going ... he cracked on round the track and for his first run was bloody impressive time wise, fractions slower than Cassie, but a cracking first showing thats for sure.

I have vids on my phone and I will get Jane to upload them asap.

Would like to add that I was so impressed with the set up at the trainers, and I would like to thank them for answering all my questions patiently and being great company ... friendly and very professional set up, which impressed me greatly. ( I managed to get one of them to open a poker room account ... RESULT) LOLOL

So with everything heading in the right direction, and with a bit of luck, Cassie could have her first race just before Xmas .... Cant bloody wait.

PS. the weekend was a complete period of degenerate gambling and sleep deprivation .... I loved every second of it Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »

nice report kev and great to be in your company saturday night though 9 hours of non stop dealing took its toll im afraid as i missed the trials.

how was your arse sunday after the mixed kebab? lol

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 10, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »

nice report kev and great to be in your company saturday night though 9 hours of non stop dealing took its toll im afraid as i missed the trials.

how was your arse sunday after the mixed kebab? lol

Surprisingly unmoved by the kebab, I will deffo be having another of those next time i visit Smiley

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 10, 2008, 06:35:44 PM »

Heres Cassie, I am sure spielberg wont be losing sleep at my camera work Wink

Compo

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 10, 2008, 06:39:01 PM »

Kev

We are looking for cameramen at ATR. Would you like me to put your name forward?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2008, 06:40:01 PM »

Kev

We are looking for cameramen at ATR. Would you like me to put your name forward?

LOL GFY Compo.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »

Yep, as kev said. Was proper comedy weekend, total degen all the way thru. 9pm-6am sat night was poker, 11am-2pm was ladbrokes, and 2pm-6pm was oxford dogs. weeee.

Cassie did 15.88 last week and despite not really breaking much better she done 15.65 this week.

Rodney fell out and didnt really show his stride until going round the 1st, he was running oddly to the first but soon found it. He managed to make a 15.90 and I am sure there is much much more to come from the machine he is.

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 10, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »

Here is Rodney ... those dulcet tones of a man shouting encouragement are those of a seriously sleep deprived me !!

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: November 10, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »

rodney lost a second out of the boxes
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 10, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »

rodney lost a second out of the boxes

and cassie looked to lose a bit almost stepping out sideways. much better times to come from both once they're used to leaving the traps by the looks of it. good stuff

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: