blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Rookie's Fantasy
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rookie's Fantasy  (Read 224671 times)
TheWhisper

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »

Surprised it even went ahead
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »

Sigh, it went well and it didn't.

Firstly Rodneys handslip round. He looked the part and cant wait to see him in a trial, kid could be good.

Then onto Cassies trial. I was pleased to see she was in trap 2, with the other dogs in Trap 4 and 6. If she broke as good as she did last week then I will be happy she can go and challenge. Lids went up and she was last out, sigh, she had lost the rails as Trap 4 lead and at the bend she would have been ok if 6 hadn't have cut right in forcing her to check up. She ran behind down the far side and once again put it in off the last bend, she came 3rd, half a length x half a length. She couldn't get the rails at all, every opportunity she had she tried to grab them.

Mick rung me about 10 minutes ago explaining that the going was normal. And that she did a 4.06 sectional. Her first two trials were 4.35 and 4.34, until last weeks improvement to 3.99. Then the winner done 28.09, and she is judged to have done a 28.18. Meaning she is 8 spots off of grading time now this week after 1 spot last week. Mick is pleased with her run though as the comments that went on the card are :

Slow Away, Crowded 1, Ran on.

Both trialling next week.

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »

Oxford wasn't as bad overnight, they have weather warnings for this afternoon and tonight though, typical that I have to go back there tomorrow!

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 02, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »

At least she came off sound mate ... its all part of the learning curve for Cassie ... she will get there.

Good luck to that beast Rodders next week though Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: February 02, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

Rodneys brother is now 25/1 for the tournie in Ireland... "Barefoot Bolt" - here :

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post-dogs/joe-dunne-memorial-puppy-stakes

HI HELEN!
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »

not long back myself after a horrendous journey home where i nearly run out of petrol lol.

as rooks said a mixed day but it seems both dogs came back sound which is the main thing.

although she looked a picture on the way to the traps things just didnt go right for cassie,she missed the lids but once her pads connected showed fairly good early pace hence why her 4.06 sectional wasnt as bad as when she has missed the break before.shortly after the line first time though into the first bend she was crowded by the 6 dog who cut across to the rail. she seemed to check behind it rather than force her way through which hopefully she will do in time (cant see rod having this problem he prob be the opposite trying run through brick walls lol). she stayed on well up the run in but was reluctant to go outside both other dogs prefering to look for the rails at every oppurtunity. beaten a length in the end wasn't to sad and again she was clear at the pick up.

as for rodders he looked a picture and really looked like he was enjoying what he was doing. at times he is decieving on the eye, being such a big dog with a huge stride it doesnt often look like he is going as fast as other dogs with quicker actions but today he looked to be shifting, taking a middle course on the straight and handling the bends better than ive ever seen him. without a clock on him who knows, next week will tell us more when we will see what sort of time he can do in his first trial.

rooks was a little dejected after cassies run, understandable with so much anticipation with mick worrying she might even go to fast.

the ups and downs of greyhound racing in one day but both dogs are sound and ready to fight another day

roll on next week!

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »

Oxford wasn't as bad overnight, they have weather warnings for this afternoon and tonight though, typical that I have to go back there tomorrow!

Still them conditions dont help a finisher! even if a little bit gets in the ground, ive always thought for every bit of trouble a finisher gets it's so much compounded by the ground you cant assess it accuratley.

you back a finisher at a track with  0 going and it gets trouble will count for like 5 lenghs the time it takes the dog to get going on a wet or frosty track, sort of been a rule of mine from back in the day, i'm not saying she's a proper finisher yet, (i know how green she is) but you know what i mean?

Any half decent punter should be +EV at Crayford, The standard trip is 380m ffs, you cant make money there give up the game! (esp when it's wet)

anyway GL bruv.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: February 07, 2009, 12:40:59 AM »

Rodney confirmed Trial 12 on Monday, a solo.

Cassie confirmed Trial 14 on Monday, a three dog trial and she is running from Red.

HI HELEN!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 07, 2009, 12:41:57 AM »

Cassie confirmed Trial 14 on Monday, a three dog trial and she is running from Red.

She scared of his 'tasche?

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: February 07, 2009, 12:43:26 AM »

She scared of his 'tasche?

tl;dr

HI HELEN!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 07, 2009, 01:07:24 AM »

from 1's a result, hopefull?
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: February 07, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »

from 1's a result, hopefull?

Definitely. Wanted her from 1. Just break level pls = Graded.

HI HELEN!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 07, 2009, 01:22:47 AM »

Another quick hijack, Phil smashed his Semi Final tonight, into the final, the other big hope is out so he is in with a ridic good chance on Tuesday!!

Anyone who lives near Wimbledon and fancies it on Tuesday let me know, otherwise its live on sky, wiiii

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2009, 01:32:02 AM »

Another quick hijack, Phil smashed his Semi Final tonight, into the final, the other big hope is out so he is in with a ridic good chance on Tuesday!!

Anyone who lives near Wimbledon and fancies it on Tuesday let me know, otherwise its live on sky, wiiii

I may be up. Will let you know. If I sc00p the loot at DTD this weekend then see you there! Cheesy

HI HELEN!
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 07, 2009, 01:45:37 AM »

quick question, if rodders does a qualifying time, can he get graded on a solo  run ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: