blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  H.O.R.S.E. Live Update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: H.O.R.S.E. Live Update  (Read 954 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »

Hi folks, just a quick heads-up to let you know that your blonde live update team (Floppy, Jen and myself) are heading over to Vegas in dribs and drabs in preparation for our first live update of the World Series, the star-studded $50,000 H.O.R.S.E Event.

With all the different games, various famous faces, and huge spondoolies up for grabs, this one should be jolly good fun, and we'll do our best to supplement the update with hilarious (cough) anecdotes, quotes and even the odd norkage pic. In fact, if you're good and support the update with your presence, I'll personally guarantee the norkage.

Keep an eye on the Live Update board (link below) for the updates which will be starting Sun 24th Jun and climaxing on the 28th.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

This will be one of four Live Updates, the complete list being as follows:

(Live Update #1) Sun 24th of June - 28th June:  $50,000 H.O.R.S.E
(Live Update #2) Thurs 28th June - 30th June:  $5,000 NLH 6-handed F/O
(Live Update #3) Sun 1st July - 2nd July: $10,000 PLO Championship
(Live Update #4) Fri 6th July - 12th/17th July: $10,000 NLH Main Event

Finally, don't forget to keep up to date with all the results thus far (including pics) with Names, Brits, Europeans and blondeites all highlighted to save you picking them out from the endless list of Mateyboys.

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/10122

Toodle pip!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:43:00 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:50:24 AM »

Have to say top work on the wsop results section, great as you say not having to search thru long lists.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 12:56:52 AM »

Have to say top work on the wsop results section, great as you say not having to search thru long lists.

Yup, top marks to snoops, they are perfect, easy to find Locals, names & blondes..

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 12:59:14 AM »

Cheers, I have a contact at WSOP in Nolan Dolla (some of you may recognise them) who sends them through. He's a great help and does whatever he can to get the official list through as soon as he can, not to mention the cool piccies we've been receiving. So thanks to him. Might be a bit a delay whilst I'm heading over the Atlantic, but all the hotels have wifi these days, so I should be able to keep up to speed.

About time we had a Brit win tho! My spider senses inform me that the HORSE Event won't be the one.

By the way, does anyone know if any Brits are playing this one?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »

Cheers, I have a contact at WSOP in Nolan Dolla (some of you may recognise them) who sends them through. He's a great help and does whatever he can to get the official list through as soon as he can, not to mention the cool piccies we've been receiving. So thanks to him. Might be a bit a delay whilst I'm heading over the Atlantic, but all the hotels have wifi these days, so I should be able to keep up to speed.

About time we had a Brit win tho! My spider senses inform me that the HORSE Event won't be the one.

By the way, does anyone know if any Brits are playing this one?

Snoopy,
IIRC from last year there were three Brits in the field - DevilFish, Ram and Nick Gibson (i think), can't remember if Ben Roberts played, Roland didn't. Can't see it being any different this year tbh.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 01:29:55 PM »

How many runners will this $50K HORSE event attract this year ?

100, 200 ? Somewhere in between would be my guess.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 04:17:58 PM »

I can't remember - think it was around 150 or something.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »

There were 143 last year, tbh I think the numbers will rise this year.

Factors that say it'll go up:

- It's now in its second year, and players can see how much attention it got last year
- It's getting more air time from ESPN this year
- It'll be played as H.O.R.S.E to the end
- H.O.R.S.E is now more popular online so may get some internet kids buying in (e.g Bodogari)
- They're running $2500 sats to it at the Rio (they did last year too) no idea if these are generating seats though
- It's a five day event (this could be a negative too)

Factors that say it'll go down:

- Poker Rooms less likely to give sponosred players 50k to spunk in one tournament given current climate (will backers?)
- Last year there were a number of online qualifiers, who qualified on Full Tilt, they've ran qualifiers again this year, but if they chuck 50k into your account are you going to enter the h.o.r.s.e tournament or keep the cash/spend it on a bunch of tournaments?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: