blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272598 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Tikay in Flush magazine
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tikay in Flush magazine  (Read 4595 times)
Indestructable

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:54:32 PM »

Just browsing Flush magazine in W H Smiths and noticed a photo and article on Tikay's recent live success.
Stardom at last.

PS As a side issue a slight grumble about W H Smith in that they never seem to know where to place the poker magazines and often have to hunt around the store to find them. At their London Bridge store they now have them next to their gay monthly magazines section.  Roll Eyes
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:57:10 PM »

Just browsing Flush magazine in W H Smiths and noticed a photo and article on Tikay's recent live success.
Stardom at last.

PS As a side issue a slight grumble about W H Smith in that they never seem to know where to place the poker magazines and often have to hunt around the store to find them. At their London Bridge store they now have them next to their gay monthly magazines section.  Roll Eyes

Makes sense when you think of it...it's called "Cross selling", Flushy must use that store Wink

know what you mean about WH smith though...I can't find pokerplayer magazine anywhere in the WH smith at Glasgow Central anymore...so will now have to find a new WH to buy it from...and that's atleast a 15 minute walk Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »

I think i saw 3 mags Flush, WPT and online gaming, no poker player in site.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:07:51 PM »

I didn't realise anyone actually paid for poker magazines...

You can walk into any cardroom in the country and walk out with arms fulls of mags without paying a penny.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »

You can walk into any cardroom in the country and walk out with arms fulls of mags without paying a penny.

the stanley where I play only has poker europe (not any good) and poker pro europe..actually quite a decent read from the looks of it.
Pokerplayer mag is the best though I have to say I haven't tried inside poker yet
anyone read inside poker?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
BigArmo

Come on City!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

Can you please confirm Tikay was in the poker mag  
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 09:18:42 PM »

Personally I rarely read the ones I get for free.

They're all full of stuff I've read on the internet a month ago, and in many cases it's not as well written...

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 09:21:04 PM »

I can confirm Tikay was in the Poker Magazine and didn't look elsewhere. Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:30:13 PM »

the stanley where I play only has poker europe (not any good) and poker pro europe..actually quite a decent read from the looks of it.
Pokerplayer mag is the best though I have to say I haven't tried inside poker yet

I wrote what turned out to be a somewhat controversial Article for Inside Poker this month, (a tad tongue-in-cheek, I'll admit) comparing Pot Limit & No Limit. Mr Hellmuth ain't gonna be best pleased - & he's now agreed to be interviewed by us (Poker Week) next week. Think It'd be best if Rhow or Compo to do the interview. If he asks who this tikay fella is, we''ll all deny knowledge of him.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:29 AM »

Look carefully and you will see I am mentioned in the latest "Flush" too.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:29:08 PM »

Inside poker is like the more serious and informative big bro of pokerplayer magzine, much much better and also they offer gd comps aswell. The articles are written by some of the best, and tikay!
Although tikay just uses it apparently to slag off devilfish without even being involved!!  stirthepot, delete as appropriate!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »

Inside poker is like the more serious and informative big bro of pokerplayer magzine, much much better and also they offer gd comps aswell. The articles are written by some of the best, and tikay!
Although tikay just uses it apparently to slag off devilfish without even being involved!!  stirthepot, delete as appropriate!

I don't believe I mentioned or even alluded to Mr Ulliott in either of the two Articles of mine I have been commissioned to write for Inside Poker by Sky Poker.

I recall mentioning - favourably - Mr Colclough & Mr Wernick, & also mentioned Mr Hellmuth.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »

peter eichhardt mentioned in his blog an elderly english poker player sponsored by a UK bookmaker who is a complete fish. he doesn't say who it is, my guess was that he was probably talking (unfairly) about Mr Wernick but this thread has reminded me that there is another elderly UK poker player isn't there Tikay Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »

peter eichhardt mentioned in his blog an elderly english poker player sponsored by a UK bookmaker who is a complete fish. he doesn't say who it is, my guess was that he was probably talking (unfairly) about Mr Wernick but this thread has reminded me that there is another elderly UK poker player isn't there Tikay Smiley

Hmm, that's tricky. Now, let me think.

Nope, give up.

an elderly english poker player sponsored by a UK bookmaker who is a complete fish

On this, I could sue them. It's inaccurate - I'm not sponsored.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »

I don't believe I mentioned or even alluded to Mr Ulliott in either of the two Articles of mine I have been commissioned to write for Inside Poker by Sky Poker.

I recall mentioning - favourably - Mr Colclough & Mr Wernick, & also mentioned Mr Hellmuth.

Are you going to remind me what I was alleged to have said about Mr Ulliott, then?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: