blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2035 2036 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 2042 2043 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334844 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30570 on: December 27, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »

I'm not sure if this was a hoax or not Tony but it deffo highlights the danger in not thinking thru Hashtags properly on Twitter. Susan Boyles PR team came up with this to promote an album party.

#Susanalbumparty

Can it be true?

if it was her on her own maybe, but with a 'PR' team it's gotta be a tactic. absolutely hilarious though so fair play.

But going to be annoying for her when she's trying to drum up publicity about her annual sodomy bash next time around.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #30571 on: December 27, 2012, 06:07:40 PM »

I can't decide if there is a guy in the office with his head in his hands or getting a huge pat on the back from the PR team.

You are deffo right tho Titan,if it was intentional then it has  done the trick.

Cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30572 on: December 27, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »

I'm not sure if this was a hoax or not Tony but it deffo highlights the danger in not thinking thru Hashtags properly on Twitter. Susan Boyles PR team came up with this to promote an album party.

#Susanalbumparty

Can it be true?

if it was her on her own maybe, but with a 'PR' team it's gotta be a tactic. absolutely hilarious though so fair play.

But going to be annoying for her when she's trying to drum up publicity about her annual sodomy bash next time around.

I can confirm I saw this when the news broke:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a440143/susan-boyles-susanalbumparty-hashtag-provides-mirth-on-twitter.html

Particularly enjoyed the use of the word mirth

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30573 on: December 27, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »

As a kid, a whole industry existed around paraffin. Mostly pink, but Esso did theirs blue. (Boom Boom Boom).

There were paraffin heaters by the million in the UK, the really posh peeps had one like this. Wonder what happened to them all? There were, literallly, millions of them.

We got sent to the garage, miles away, with a gallon can to collect it, & lug it back home, we walked both ways, the cans were metal jerry cans & weighed more than the contents.

The posh family opposite (so posh they even had a fridge) paid a halfpenny a gallon to have it delivered.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30574 on: December 27, 2012, 09:11:39 PM »

#Susanalbumparty

Can it be true?

I can confirm I saw this when the news broke:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a440143/susan-boyles-susanalbumparty-hashtag-provides-mirth-on-twitter.html

Particularly enjoyed the use of the word mirth

It must be an age thing, or maybe I'm just a missog, but the thought that tens of thousands of peeps on Twitter find that funny makes me despair. The thing is, it DOES work, we, the great British public, love that sort of stuff. Even Players on poker sites, super super cool as poker players are, ADORE rude or double-intendre names, too.

Next up, wait for it........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30575 on: December 27, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30576 on: December 27, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

Too good Tal, too good.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30577 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:31 PM »

As a kid, a whole industry existed around paraffin. Mostly pink, but Esso did theirs blue. (Boom Boom Boom).

There were paraffin heaters by the million in the UK, the really posh peeps had one like this. Wonder what happened to them all? There were, literallly, millions of them.

We got sent to the garage, miles away, with a gallon can to collect it, & lug it back home, we walked both ways, the cans were metal jerry cans & weighed more than the contents.

The posh family opposite (so posh they even had a fridge) paid a halfpenny a gallon to have it delivered.

They asked me how I knew, it was Esso Blue,
I of course replied, with other grades one buys, smoke gets in your eyes.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30578 on: December 28, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »

I feel uncomfortable lionising War heroes, for every battle won, innocent folks die, but I could not help enjoy the reports from the Gulf by "Storming Norman", who passed away yesterday.

I suppose his passing will be equally mourned & rejoiced, which is fair enough. Some character though.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30579 on: December 28, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »

2012 from space Mr Kendall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20214931

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #30580 on: December 28, 2012, 03:36:50 PM »

Reuters Best photos of the year.

http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2012/11/30/best-photos-of-the-year-2012/#a=1

The photographers also give a detailed explanation behind each photograph which I found interesting.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30581 on: December 28, 2012, 03:59:29 PM »

Seems such a shame that the vast majority of all these pictoral "highlights" of 2012 are fighting, death, destruction and misery.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #30582 on: December 29, 2012, 12:02:53 AM »

http://www.worldpressphoto.org/gallery/2012-world-press-photo

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #30583 on: December 29, 2012, 12:59:29 AM »

I've just realised something.

You have nearly 60,000 posts and I have probably read well over half of them.

And I have no idea which way you lean politically.

If forced to have a bet, I know which side I'd go for.

But I wouldn't be particularly confident.

That's pretty impressive fence sitting by you..

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30584 on: December 29, 2012, 02:51:50 AM »

I've just realised something.

You have nearly 60,000 posts and I have probably read well over half of them.

And I have no idea which way you lean politically.

If forced to have a bet, I know which side I'd go for.

But I wouldn't be particularly confident.

That's pretty impressive fence sitting by you..

Really? I would punt at a pretty short price

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 2035 2036 2037 2038 [2039] 2040 2041 2042 2043 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: