blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 2779 2780 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333147 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41625 on: May 14, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »

Can you PM your bank details please Mr T, thanks.

Apologies for getting all behind, I've now sent you my Bank Details via PM.

No problem, £85 winging its way over now.

Received, thank you.

It's pretty good how Internet Banking works these days.

We used to send cheques, they took 2 days to arrive via Post, then 5 days to clear, now, we click a button & the cash is snap there, instantly. I know that, on occasion, they make us wait a day or two before it "counts", but it's much improved on the old days.

It's not often anyone has a good word for the banks these days, & they can be a pain, for all sorts of reasons, they are damned if they do & damned if they don't in some matters, but they are definitely better.

Strange how really successful businesses always seem to get bad press - Apple would be a great example, &, dare I say it, Ryanair. BT is another, Sky TV ditto.

Think there might just be a bell curve thing here. Think of a Business like Skoda, or Aldi. Both mocked & reviled not so many years back, both got excellent reputations now. In 5 years time, maybe they'll be on the downward side of the graph.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Carry on, as you were.

PS - The Payments Page has been updated to reflect that payment, see.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2041602#msg2041602
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:20:26 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
engy

View Profile
« Reply #41626 on: May 14, 2015, 06:32:08 PM »

could you send me your bank details as well please tikay, I have 2% is that right? £170?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41627 on: May 14, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »

could you send me your bank details as well please tikay, I have 2% is that right? £170?

Yup, confirmed, 2%, which is £170, & I've just sent you my Bank Details.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #41628 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:30 PM »

Bank deets please Boss

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41629 on: May 14, 2015, 06:58:51 PM »

Bank deets please Boss

Be with you in two jiffs Mr Spangly Bloke.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41630 on: May 14, 2015, 07:10:33 PM »

Banks details for me as well if I have a percent.  I think I put my name down ages ago. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41631 on: May 14, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »

Banks details for me as well if I have a percent.  I think I put my name down ages ago. 

You certainly did, you have 1% booked.

Bank Details via PM imminent.

We gonna get the lot on the Darts tonight?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41632 on: May 14, 2015, 08:17:40 PM »

Bad start.  Looks like taylor got a black eye? 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41633 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:36 PM »

Yes, and did you notice that despite it being so obvious, the interviewer never mentioned it?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #41634 on: May 14, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »

Yes, and did you notice that despite it being so obvious, the interviewer never mentioned it?

That would have been agreed pre interview i am sure.  Taylor would have used his influence to make sure it wasn't mentioned.  Wonder what the story behind it is?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #41635 on: May 14, 2015, 09:13:07 PM »

That would have been agreed pre interview i am sure.  Taylor would have used his influence to make sure it wasn't mentioned.  Wonder what the story behind it is?

Acting normally around someone that doesn't care who he is?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #41636 on: May 14, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »

I wasn't here for the start of this diary, but, every now and then, I read through the first few posts of a diary, if for no other reason than to see or remind myself how it started. Kind of a "what was the question again?" moment.

Fair to say a lot of poohsticks have passed under the VATA bridge since this post:

Day -1.

OK, I'm all set for Vegas.

The cat (Angell) is safely installed in the local Cattery (he not happy), the milk is cancelled, all the bills paid. To hell with the lawn, it only grows again.

So Sunday morning it is, to join no doubt a 3 hour check-in & security queue at Gatwick.

I stop off on the way to pick up Dave "Compo" Compton, who lives right by the Airport. Stansted Airport, sadly. So, 2 hours from Derby to his house, another 90 minutes to Gatters, 3 hours queue, and that's before the 10 hour flight. Am I not looking forward to that? Oh well, a good book will help, I'm reading the story of DNA right now, mind-boggling stuff. Also the "Google" story - wow, them boys turned advertising on it's head.

We are booked into the Hollywood Resort (formerly the Aladdin), along with the rest of the Poker Week crew - Rhowena, Steve Meehan (blondeite "wormster"), Billy (cameraman), & Tim (Sound, Editing & Camera). They travelled out a few days ago, to organise the bars, I imagine.

It's my second trip to Vegas, I went in '05, but I overdid it that year, too much work, too much play, & not enough sleep nearly killed me. I was Updating, doing 425 work, writing a Daily Diary, & playing. Too much.

I was Sponsored into a $1,500 WSOP Event, (my first & last) & managed to cash, a big thrill, but I don't plan to play any WSOP jobbies this year. Compo & me, when not working, will cruise the gaffs & find nice little comps around town, & I'm looking forward to that part immensely.

Work-wise, the idea is to record 3 editions of Poker Week out there, & do some "Postcard from the Strip" stuff for Sky Poker. We have interviews lined up with some tidy faces, too, including Stu Fox, & one P Hellmuth Jnr.

Vegas, as a City/Town, whatever, does nothing for me. Architecturally, Wynn's apart, the place is dull as dishwater. Any place that advertises a 1/20th scale-model of the Eiffel Tower - real plastic mind - is never gonna flick my switches. And the heat.....43c, way too much, so it's feast or famine, unbearably hot outside, &  over air-conditioned inside. The scale, & number, of Hotels is awesome, beyond belief, they are huge. But if you wanna play Tourneys, or Cash, 24/7, Vegas is the place.

A big "thank you" to Poker Week & Sky Poker, who are picking up the tab. I know, I'm a jammy git.

OK, that's it for today, I got a queue to join.

Name that tune.

It's wonderful to be here,

It's certainly a thrill.

How easy is that, for starters?

Mr Fox popped by the Broadway on Saturday night and was in fine spirits. He has always struck me as one of the good guys (this is where someone usually shatters my illusions, but I very much hope not).

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #41637 on: May 15, 2015, 06:11:22 AM »

Vegas, as a City/Town, whatever, does nothing for me. Architecturally, Wynn's apart, the place is dull as dishwater. Any place that advertises a 1/20th scale-model of the Eiffel Tower - real plastic mind - is never gonna flick my switches. And the heat.....43c, way too much, so it's feast or famine, unbearably hot outside, &  over air-conditioned inside. The scale, & number, of Hotels is awesome, beyond belief, they are huge. But if you wanna play Tourneys, or Cash, 24/7, Vegas is the place.

I get the feeling that your switches get flicked by the place thes days. How much has it changed?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #41638 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »

I get the feeling that your switches get flicked by the place thes days. How much has it changed?

Was thinking the same. That post sounds like a typical 'grumpy old men' post and it's from 2007 when all of us had a much bigger buzz about poker.

Nowadays, Teeks loves the place!!!!!!!!!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #41639 on: May 15, 2015, 11:08:15 AM »

Hi Pops

I have today sent £85 to your acc ending 3932 but couldnt change the reference which is the one always on there  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Pages: 1 ... 2772 2773 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 2779 2780 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: