blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:13:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3124 3125 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 3131 3132 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331410 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46905 on: August 31, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

They have their own currency in Guernsey, & the notes feature a photo of a Bailiff of all things. (They still have £1 notes, too, yay).

Why a frigging bailiff, don't they pay their bills?

Intrigued by this, I asked Mr google to assist.

It seems that Guernsey is a Bailiwick, as is Jersey, though they are separate Bailiwicks.

Bailiwicks are governed by Bailiffs, who are the sort of Prime Minister bloke. Think they have to be qualified in Law to be a bailiff, it's not something you or I could be. Unless we were a Lawyer or somesuch.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:55:08 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #46906 on: August 31, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »

Seems like you had a great trip Tikay, nice pics too.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #46907 on: August 31, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

Do you find you can wander around harbours for ages looking at all the stuff going on, always something happening .
I had a speedboat when younger but would love a little cabin type now.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46908 on: August 31, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

Do you find you can wander around harbours for ages looking at all the stuff going on, always something happening .
I had a speedboat when younger but would love a little cabin type now.

Yes, we do.

The odd thing is, whenever I look at a harbour, or marina, is how many boats are always moored there with nobody aboard. Its as if people buy them & never use them.

Guernsey has a ton of little inlets where little boats are moored, all of them seemingly unused & deserted.

We'd love a little boat, to chug up & down the Thames, maybe make a cup of tea, proper lovely that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #46909 on: August 31, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »

I read some where a quote from ? That
 a boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46910 on: August 31, 2016, 02:12:19 PM »

Ha, that feels about right. Probably plan to be on their boat tomorrow, but you know how it is, tomorrow is always the busiest day in our diary.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #46911 on: August 31, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »

Ha, that feels about right. Probably plan to be on their boat tomorrow, but you know how it is, tomorrow is always the busiest day in our diary.

Was told exactly this by somebody who owned one when I was thinking about it.

Would like to say cruise boats grow on you, but they don't.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46912 on: August 31, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »

oioi, distinguished company in the thread;

mondatoo, arbboy

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #46913 on: August 31, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »

Great pics tikay

Glad you had fun
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46914 on: August 31, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »

Great pics tikay

Glad you had fun

Thanks John. That's only a quarter of them. Wink

More tomorrow, or soon as time permits, including the really exciting bits. A visit to Guernsey Airport. How good is that?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #46915 on: August 31, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »

Great pics tikay

Glad you had fun

Thanks John. That's only a quarter of them. Wink

More tomorrow, or soon as time permits, including the really exciting bits. A visit to Guernsey Airport. How good is that?

Sounds good to me
Check in tomorrow
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46916 on: August 31, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »

Hey bruv, I've had floaters for years, loads of them. Always thought it was a product of intense drug abuse....but you say it's because of old age? And you just got your first one? FML my eyes must be over 100 years old!! Anyways, you get used to them pretty quickly. Less noticeable in the dark. Recommend cool tinted specs like Paul Newman in The Color(sic) of Money for the days to lessen the effect.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46917 on: August 31, 2016, 05:32:19 PM »

Hey bruv, I've had floaters for years, loads of them. Always thought it was a product of intense drug abuse....but you say it's because of old age? And you just got your first one? FML my eyes must be over 100 years old!! Anyways, you get used to them pretty quickly. Less noticeable in the dark. Recommend cool tinted specs like Paul Newman in The Color(sic) of Money for the days to lessen the effect.

As it happens, people often remark on my likeness to Paul Newman.

You are correct as to happening less in the dark, I don't seem to have the problem at night.

I don't know for sure it is age-related, though google suggests it usually is. Can't think what else might have caused it. 

How is the golf kiosk going?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:34:05 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46918 on: August 31, 2016, 06:41:55 PM »

You get a bit institutionalised on these things, go here, go there, queue somewhere else.

As we stepped on board, we got beckoned in front of a photographer, almost as if it were mandatory, & they took our picture, rather embarrassingly.

Gill, who is a bit of a shopaholic - to put it mildly - then went & paid to get the photo made up into a.....tablemat.

So if you fancy eating your dinner off me, we can cut a deal.

Excuse the shadowy smudges on the table mat, it was in a cellophane wrapper which I was forbidden to remove. You get the picture, though.....

Great pics.

Might I offer you a little advice? The next time you make a shirt from a tablecloth, don't iron it in a wok.

PS- Why is Gill balancing a Malteser on her thumb?

The older I get, the better I was.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #46919 on: August 31, 2016, 06:50:54 PM »

*DON'T* rub your eyes - really, really bad for them. Increases the intraocular pressure and bad stuff can happen.

Ask me how I know.

Err, how do you know?

When I was a kid I was always rubbing my eyes. As Tom pointed out, you can make some pretty nifty patterns if you press long enough.

Rubbing your eyes is thought to be a major contributing factor to a condition called Keratoconus which is a thinning of the cornea (the clear bit on the front of your eye) that causes the cornea to bulge. Usually diagnosed in your teens, I was in my early thirties when I reached the point of changing my glasses prescription every four months and they told me I had KC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratoconus (includes pictures of eyes in case you're squeamish)

Without correction I'm officially partially sighted, I can just about make out the T at the top of the chart. I have to wear two contact lenses in each eye - one to protect the thin cornea and one that is shaped to fit over the bulge and allows me to see. I'm on first name terms with the entire Optometry team at the local hospital. I've been in eye casualty more times than I can remember. There's a 20% chance I'll need a corneal transplant at some point in the future - I'll being seeing (through) dead people.

The transplant op is fairly straightforward - use a hole drill to remove the front of the eye and sew another one in its place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGFi7QlCHYc if you'd like to watch - the snipping with the scissors at 29 seconds is particularly fascinating.

That's how I know.
Pages: 1 ... 3124 3125 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 3131 3132 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: