blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:17:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 3343 3344 [3345] 3346 3347 3348 3349 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6317868 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50160 on: July 07, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »

The fella with his mouth open is the chap that Doobs admired so much.

He allegedly owns the best online poker site in the world - pokermania.

As crashing bores go, he's a ledge.

Ha, bet you can't get one with his trap shut. 

He is just a bit relentless.  Never stops selling that site, even when hands are in play.  It is like they don't ever do breaks.  Not sure he owns it, thought he was just selling, though you may be right.

He loves bitcoin too, as do many out there, but at least I don't have to listen to all that now I have left Vegas...

Scotter is his name btw. 

He just never stops.

For legal reasons, or so I gather, new sign ups have to be recommended, so he just keeps banging the drum.

Again, for legal or "processing" reasons, payment is in Bitcoin I think.

He was trying to get Berry Johnston, who won the WSOP Main no less than 31 years ago, to sign up & so he tried explaining how Bitcoin works to Berry.  Berry is 81. Good luck with that.

When our man goes all-in, he places a chip on top of a little toy motor car (the size of a Matchbox/Dinky/corgi toy), then wheels the car into the middle of the table.  The novelty wears off after you've seen it 103 times.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50161 on: July 07, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

Today will be the last scheduled event on the 2017 Stake, (1 or 2 more little ones MIGHT be added) & it's a cracker, an $1,100 PLO/PLO8/Big O affair at Venetian.

15,000 starting chips (starting at 50-100), 40 minute levels, Late Reg until the end of Level 6.

Start time is 5.05pm, which is 01.05 AM in the UK.

Of the $1,100 entry cost, $980 goes into the prize pool, $75 is the entry fee & $45 is the "staff fee". I think that makes the total juice 12.5%, not unreasonable by Vegas standards. The place is mint, too, as are the dealer & table quality, and it's a pleasure to sit on plush leather chairs.  Every table has automatic shuffle machines, which speeds things up a treat.

I had an early night in preparation, & I'm ridiculously excited to be playing this beauty.

Please let the God's of Seat Draws be kind today, 4, 5 or 6 will do nicely, but 2 or 7 will be poo. The seat I had last time at Venetian was a real handicap. 

I hope I don't need a re-entry, but if an accident arose early enough, I would definitely consider it. 

Had a great time reading the updates this year tikay, I think you did pretty well both financially and the results you had, number of day 2's etc.

Have fun with the hoarde (what's the collective noun for a group of poker players, a moan?) of Sky qualifiers now and if you manage to find time for a couple more small tournaments all the better.

Thanks Aaron.

The "moan" are starting to arrive already, the Main Event qualifiers arrive today I think, & we are entertaining them tonight in a bar at Venetian. Ill' need to attend - duty calls - but take the unders on me being there more than an hour. Love bars, me.

Then, over the weekend, the rest of the players arrive. 45 players in all, each of them with a +1. The work starts now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50162 on: July 07, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »

VBOL Marky

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50163 on: July 07, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »

Thanks for the updates Tony. I looked for reward to reading them each day.

Was that your last tournament of the trip? I hope not or you at least keep us entertained for the rest of the series on your blog

Enjoy the rest of the series

Thanks Craig.

Think I've finished playing, though I'm being tempted by various folks to play a Min Event Mega Sat tomorrow or Sunday morning. We'll see.

Hopefully, in between work, I'll keep the Diary going as long as I am here.

I moved hotel today, from Gold Coast, where I moved to after Gill went home, back to The Rio, as it is so much more convenient for work. What a palaver moving hotels is.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50164 on: July 07, 2017, 07:41:06 PM »

Today will be the last scheduled event on the 2017 Stake, (1 or 2 more little ones MIGHT be added) & it's a cracker, an $1,100 PLO/PLO8/Big O affair at Venetian.

15,000 starting chips (starting at 50-100), 40 minute levels, Late Reg until the end of Level 6.

Of the $1,100 entry cost, $980 goes into the prize pool, $75 is the entry fee & $45 is the "staff fee". I think that makes the total juice 12.5%, not unreasonable by Vegas standards. The place is mint, too, as are the dealer & table quality, and it's a pleasure to sit on plush leather chairs.  Every table has automatic shuffle machines, which speeds things up a treat.

I had an early night in preparation, & I'm ridiculously excited to be playing this beauty.

Please let the God's of Seat Draws be kind today, 4, 5 or 6 will do nicely, but 2 or 7 will be poo. The seat I had last time at Venetian was a real handicap. 

I hope I don't need a re-entry, but if an accident arose early enough, I would definitely consider it. 

Had a great time reading the updates this year tikay, I think you did pretty well both financially and the results you had, number of day 2's etc.

Have fun with the hoarde (what's the collective noun for a group of poker players, a moan?) of Sky qualifiers now and if you manage to find time for a couple more small tournaments all the better.

Thanks Aaron.

The "moan" are starting to arrive already, the Main Event qualifiers arrive today I think, & we are entertaining them tonight in a bar at Venetian. Ill' need to attend - duty calls - but take the unders on me being there more than an hour. Love bars, me.

Then, over the weekend, the rest of the players arrive. 45 players in all, each of them with a +1. The work starts now.

It makes me smile to think how excited they will be.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50165 on: July 07, 2017, 07:42:06 PM »

Congrats on ten years of diaryaying 😁

Highlight of the last ten years on the diary?

Thanks Vinny, though I'm not at all sure it's something to be proud of, 3,300 odd pages of waffle.

I'll need time to think on the reply though. Highlight of the Diary, blonde, or life in general?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50166 on: July 07, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »

Thanks Aaron.

It makes me smile to think how excited they will be.

I had a note overnight from a player - a mate of mine - who is arriving today.

He is a high volume, very successful player (by Sky Poker standards), with a 6 figure profit on Sharkscope, & who plays 20 or so MTT's every day & has been here before.

He said he is like a kid on Christmas morning.

And that is exactly how I feel when I come to Vegas. Love it, love it to bits, especially when Gill is here with me.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50167 on: July 07, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »

That time he talked about trains

Never been known.

Thanks for the Tweet Barry - really appreciated.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50168 on: July 07, 2017, 07:48:01 PM »

Also, did we get all the pics and holiday reports? I seem to remember you in Portland with some new socks or something and some Amish burds then nowt. Apologies if I have missed it.

No, what with all the poker, I never finished the West Coast Adventure Trip Report.

If anyone is interested, will stick some more photos & waffle up.

Other folks holiday snaps are THE most boring thing ever though, surely?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50169 on: July 07, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »

I collected two of my Bosses from McCarron yesterday, Sam, who is my Manager Bloke, & Mark, who runs Marketing. Actually, everyone in Sky Poker is my Boss, but I've no prob with that, I've done my share of running shows & these days I enjoy being at the bottom of the ladder.

So, after a month of dressing sloppily, like an Englishman abroad, because I'm in Vegas & nobody cares, I had to make an effort yesterday & smarten myself up.

Pretty fly for a white guy, huh?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:53:05 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50170 on: July 07, 2017, 07:51:35 PM »

Fuck me, that pic looks like a still from Spitting Image

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50171 on: July 07, 2017, 07:53:51 PM »

The fella with his mouth open is the chap that Doobs admired so much.

He allegedly owns the best online poker site in the world - pokermania.

As crashing bores go, he's a ledge.

Ha, bet you can't get one with his trap shut.  

He is just a bit relentless.  Never stops selling that site, even when hands are in play.  It is like they don't ever do breaks.  Not sure he owns it, thought he was just selling, though you may be right.

He loves bitcoin too, as do many out there, but at least I don't have to listen to all that now I have left Vegas...

Scotter is his name btw.  

He just never stops.

For legal reasons, or so I gather, new sign ups have to be recommended, so he just keeps banging the drum.

Again, for legal or "processing" reasons, payment is in Bitcoin I think.

He was trying to get Berry Johnston, who won the WSOP Main no less than 31 years ago, to sign up & so he tried explaining how Bitcoin works to Berry.  Berry is 81. Good luck with that.

When our man goes all-in, he places a chip on top of a little toy motor car (the size of a Matchbox/Dinky/corgi toy), then wheels the car into the middle of the table.  The novelty wears off after you've seen it 103 times.

It is quite an interesting idea to circumnavigate the illegal processing transactions by using bitcoin or something similar but please don't tell him I said so.

Matchbox toys are/were tiny - about 1/3 the size of Dinkys and Corgis - you often say the devil is in the detail.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50172 on: July 07, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »

Fuck me, that pic looks like a still from Spitting Image

Agreed - one has white trainers, the other red trainers.

No class.

Yorkshire folk, see?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50173 on: July 07, 2017, 08:10:44 PM »

Thanks Vinny, though I'm not at all sure it's something to be proud of, 3,300 odd pages of waffle.

I'll need time to think on the reply though. Highlight of the Diary, blonde, or life in general?

Lets go for highlight of the diary. I'm sure the life one is obvious enough.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50174 on: July 07, 2017, 08:12:15 PM »

Also, did we get all the pics and holiday reports? I seem to remember you in Portland with some new socks or something and some Amish burds then nowt. Apologies if I have missed it.

No, what with all the poker, I never finished the West Coast Adventure Trip Report.

If anyone is interested, will stick some more photos & waffle up.

Other folks holiday snaps are THE most boring thing ever though, surely?

I'm interested Smiley

That's a total of 1 then.

It's actually something I'd like to do, and probably never will.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 3343 3344 [3345] 3346 3347 3348 3349 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: