blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3403 3404 3405 3406 [3407] 3408 3409 3410 3411 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6327758 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51090 on: January 22, 2018, 11:59:33 AM »

I find it hard to believe you could get insurance for £90 million quid's worth of bangles & cash if the house has no CCTV.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51091 on: January 22, 2018, 12:00:24 PM »

Now I'm worried Terry Adams might be reading this.

Nasty piece of work, one gathers.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51092 on: January 22, 2018, 12:07:22 PM »

£90m in gold weighs 2.9 tonnes, and in the press today he seems to be saying the 90m number was fakenews

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51093 on: January 22, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »

£90m in gold weighs 2.9 tonnes, and in the press today he seems to be saying the 90m number was fakenews

I'm a guessing most of it was fake news. Shame though, would have made a great story.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51094 on: January 22, 2018, 01:17:47 PM »

oioi, the story is not dead yet.

It's being widely reported that £90 milly worth was the figure, but now he says he was NOT insured.

He reportedly said "I want my things back".

That's "things".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5295963/James-Stunt-denies-90m-burglary-mansion-fake.html

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51095 on: January 22, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »

Maybe he had bitcoins, in one of those hardware wallets?

Click to see full-size image.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51096 on: January 22, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »

Adams family, and he's involved in transcontinental shipping... I bet he is  Cheesy

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #51097 on: January 22, 2018, 01:56:46 PM »

He doesn't take a great picture does he?!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51098 on: January 23, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »

Seem to recall Doobs ended up sat next to MintTrav at Golden Nugget in one MTT last year?

Love it when that happens, 2 perfect strangers suddenly realise they are acquainted.

True.  MintTrav wasn't entirely as expected, though I should have become suspicious when the first topic was The Donald and not how to make money from crypto or "I represent the best poker site in the World".

It is so much better when you meet a few people you know. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51099 on: January 24, 2018, 12:07:51 PM »

How does one even begin to catch up on your blog tikay?!  

It's quite the spasm of a lunatic. (I think that's good, right?)   thumbs up

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying life.  Maybe you'd join us in Manchester in April for a bit of 8 Game or similar?  We'd all love to see you.

Ha, think that sums it up pretty well.

Was delighted to see on Twitter that your Daughter, Rebecca, has been accepted at Cambridge Uni, you must be some proud dad. What is she going to study, or, as I believe educated types call it, "read"?

I'm keeping OK, all things considered, thank you. Back on the annual diet again, sigh, but I feel better for it.

Am thoroughly enjoying work - after all those years, we got a new Forum on October, & it's made a big difference, & is thriving now.   Took a while to get it, mind.....

Wish I could tell the story here of SB&G's phenomenal growth over the last 5 years, but I think it may be considered a bit out of line. The recent (5 years or so) growth in Online Sports Betting & Gaming reminds me of poker growth 10 or 15 years ago, & SB&G have gained SOW during those 5 years.  Mentions of Sky Bet on blonde generally draws a round of boos & hisses, I guess many just don't understand what a success story it has been.

CEO Richard Flint is nothing short of a genius. I was up in the Leeds Office last week & he spotted me & came across to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Amazed he even remembers me, they must have the fat end of 2,000 staff now, spread across at least 7 Office in the UK, Germany & Italy.  

Manchester in April? Would love to, if I'm free, thank you.

Reb did brilliantly, thank you Tony.  We're all very proud.  She and I were driving together around three years ago and she told me she was considering getting a degree through an apprenticeship, as opposed to going straight to Uni.  In truth it was a bit concerrning at the time, but she's very independent so I supported her thinking while gently nudging and encouraging her to keep her options open. But she stuck to her guns and won a scholar placement as a junior consultant with Deloitte.  She is working with them this year and will continue to do so through summer holidays for the next four years, and they're paying her well and covering some of her Uni fees.  Not to mention the experience.  The icing on the cake came last week when she was offered an unconditional place at Cambridge doing Economics. It's amazing how many times she said 'no' when I mentioned Oxford and Cambridge in the past....to add them as 3rd and 4th options (supposedly to keep her mother and I happy).  But boom, she nailed the A levels, Deloitte entrance exams and Uni interviews.  She's a bright girl, no question - but she's has an outstanding work ethic, thrives on it I'd say.  She's not into football though, so I wouldn't say it's all been plain sailing...

SB&G, hadn't been aware of the new forum, will take a look at that.  Read that Richard impressed in parliament yesterday.  A brilliant leader and very deserving of his success.  I didn't recognise many of the people around when I came up to meet him last year.  The growth there has been staggering...only hope it doesn't lead to him jumping ship at some point.  Would assume competitors would find it extremely difficult to match his equity value.

Give me a shout when you're able with regards Manchester.  The team have done a great job with the schedule and I'm sure there are a ton of players who would love to say hello.  www.apat.com/wcoap

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #51100 on: January 24, 2018, 01:13:04 PM »

How does one even begin to catch up on your blog tikay?!  

It's quite the spasm of a lunatic. (I think that's good, right?)   thumbs up

Hope you're keeping well and enjoying life.  Maybe you'd join us in Manchester in April for a bit of 8 Game or similar?  We'd all love to see you.

Ha, think that sums it up pretty well.

Was delighted to see on Twitter that your Daughter, Rebecca, has been accepted at Cambridge Uni, you must be some proud dad. What is she going to study, or, as I believe educated types call it, "read"?

I'm keeping OK, all things considered, thank you. Back on the annual diet again, sigh, but I feel better for it.

Am thoroughly enjoying work - after all those years, we got a new Forum on October, & it's made a big difference, & is thriving now.   Took a while to get it, mind.....

Wish I could tell the story here of SB&G's phenomenal growth over the last 5 years, but I think it may be considered a bit out of line. The recent (5 years or so) growth in Online Sports Betting & Gaming reminds me of poker growth 10 or 15 years ago, & SB&G have gained SOW during those 5 years.  Mentions of Sky Bet on blonde generally draws a round of boos & hisses, I guess many just don't understand what a success story it has been.

CEO Richard Flint is nothing short of a genius. I was up in the Leeds Office last week & he spotted me & came across to shoot the breeze for a few minutes. Amazed he even remembers me, they must have the fat end of 2,000 staff now, spread across at least 7 Office in the UK, Germany & Italy.  

Manchester in April? Would love to, if I'm free, thank you.

Reb did brilliantly, thank you Tony.  We're all very proud.  She and I were driving together around three years ago and she told me she was considering getting a degree through an apprenticeship, as opposed to going straight to Uni.  In truth it was a bit concerrning at the time, but she's very independent so I supported her thinking while gently nudging and encouraging her to keep her options open. But she stuck to her guns and won a scholar placement as a junior consultant with Deloitte.  She is working with them this year and will continue to do so through summer holidays for the next four years, and they're paying her well and covering some of her Uni fees.  Not to mention the experience.  The icing on the cake came last week when she was offered an unconditional place at Cambridge doing Economics. It's amazing how many times she said 'no' when I mentioned Oxford and Cambridge in the past....to add them as 3rd and 4th options (supposedly to keep her mother and I happy).  But boom, she nailed the A levels, Deloitte entrance exams and Uni interviews.  She's a bright girl, no question - but she's has an outstanding work ethic, thrives on it I'd say.  She's not into football though, so I wouldn't say it's all been plain sailing...

SB&G, hadn't been aware of the new forum, will take a look at that.  Read that Richard impressed in parliament yesterday.  A brilliant leader and very deserving of his success.  I didn't recognise many of the people around when I came up to meet him last year.  The growth there has been staggering...only hope it doesn't lead to him jumping ship at some point.  Would assume competitors would find it extremely difficult to match his equity value.

Give me a shout when you're able with regards Manchester.  The team have done a great job with the schedule and I'm sure there are a ton of players who would love to say hello.  www.apat.com/wcoap

PLO8 event 2/4/2018 Easter Monday if you're free

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51101 on: January 24, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »

Some schedule that APAT festival.

Can anyone play?

Just booked a hotel in Manchester for the week, on the off chance they can, and that I can get a week off work Grin

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #51102 on: January 24, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »

Can anyone play?

Just booked a hotel in Manchester for the week, on the off chance they can, and that I can get a week off work Grin

Anyone who doesn't consider themselves a professional poker player can play.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51103 on: January 24, 2018, 04:37:47 PM »

Can anyone play?

Anyone who doesn't consider themselves a professional poker player can play.

Definitely not that Cheesy

Thanks.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #51104 on: January 25, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »

Imagine trying to sort that out, especially in the UK, where our utility companies are not joined up.

Look at the services that needed sorting;

Sewage pipes

Fresh water pipes

Electricity cables

Gas pipes

Comms cables

And so on.

And it soon filled with water, which had to be drained before work could start.

7 days later, the whole job had been completed.

In the UK, that would take months.

Bravo the Japanese.

The Japanese have got nothing on the Brits.

Look at the size on this one, and we are going to get it fixed in less than a week.  Amazing what you can do with a traffic cone and a bit of tape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42806485

FWIW They had to refix the Japanese one after it sagged about a week later; cowboys.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3403 3404 3405 3406 [3407] 3408 3409 3410 3411 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: