blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3543 3544 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 3550 3551 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326264 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53190 on: October 14, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »

Whilst everyone is prattling on about Brexit, POTUS & film shite, I'm debating a serious matter here, the demise of a proper cake shop, & all folks wanna do is come up with puns.

It's outrageous really.

And another thing, not one comment about that oh-so-beautiful Scammell.

Our last Scammell conversation withered on the vine without bearing fruit and now lies buried somewhere in this literary compost heap that we laughingly call a poker forum.

This attempt seems to be heading the same way.

Perhaps if you were to inject a bit of controversy, take a Scammell vote, throw in a bit of name calling?

What do you have against four wheels anyway, you trimaniacal old bastard.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53191 on: October 14, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

Isn't this just perfectly lovely?

Click to see full-size image.

OK. Curiosity has the better of me. Why the Scammell pic all of a sudden?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53192 on: October 14, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »

Impulse post. Was directed to it on Twitter by Tighty, & it tickled my fancy. And I'm busy updating in Glasgow, so it gave me a break from listening to bad beat stories.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53193 on: October 14, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »

The Patisserie Valerie cake shop story just gets better & better.

The board of Patisserie Valerie discovered the existence of two "secret" company bank overdrafts this week, according to boss Luke Johnson.

The entrepreneur told the Sunday Times that £9.7m had been spent in two overdrafts set up with HSBC and Barclays.

Mr Johnson said neither he, the board, nor the auditors had known that the firm had bank overdraft facilities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45854817

Nice cakes though.

I pass a PV on the way to work. They've been advertising for staff and ''management opportunities''.

Can't imagine they've been inundated with applications recently.

It's a funky story to rail, though naturally I hope all works out ok for the staff.

RAISE.

I don't think you've ever passed a cake shop in your life, judging by your portlyness.

Am I right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53194 on: October 14, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »

A few blasts from the past up here at SPT Glasgow.

Met a chap who is (was...) the brother of Big Buddha, many of you will remember him from J10 back in the day, who sadly passed away a few years back.

"DoubleUp" came in for a chat, which was great, not seen him for best part of a decade. He looks much older than when I last saw him. He said I looked younger & more handsome than ever. Think he's right.

Finally, anyone remember Tony Chessa, who had that stonking deal with Littlewoods Poker all those years ago? He was here on Friday, & played the comp, albeit very briefly.

Marky147 was supposed to pop in but he blew me out. Tosser. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53195 on: October 14, 2018, 05:48:35 PM »

Bloke wanders up to me.

"How many left?"

"About 25" I reply.

Moments later he comes back. "The screen says 23 left".

Ahh, right mate.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53196 on: October 14, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53197 on: October 14, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »

Bloke wanders up to me.

"How many left?"

"About 25" I reply.

Moments later he comes back. "The screen says 23 left".

Ahh, right mate.

Must have been an Exiteer

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #53198 on: October 14, 2018, 07:14:31 PM »

Impulse post. Was directed to it on Twitter by Tighty, & it tickled my fancy. And I'm busy updating in Glasgow, so it gave me a break from listening to bad beat stories.

Fascinating stories around the Scarab, and it’s forebear The Mechanical Horse.

Hard to see if that picture is a historic record, or in a museum.

Lots of enthusiasts out there for kit like this
https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Scammell:_Scarab

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #53199 on: October 15, 2018, 09:02:44 PM »

There is another business drama unfurling within the Beauty Industry. From Elle magazine:

Forget the Kardashians—are you keeping up with Deciem? Over the first three months of 2018, the Toronto-based, self-proclaimed "abnormal beauty company" captivated the beauty industry with its series of unpredictable events: messy public firings; Instagram mayhem including photos of garbage dumps, dead sheep, and fights with followers; and alarming accounts of an abusive work environment.

At the helm of the drama is Brandon Truaxe, Deciem's founder and acting CEO (he stripped the official title from himself to be called "worker"—more on that later). In January, he took it upon himself to singlehandedly manage the company's social media account in the name of transparency. What resulted was confusion.

For the record, the company is wildly successful. Though it was founded in 2013, over the last year it catapulted to popularity across social media and aggressively expanded store opening plans to Melbourne, Sydney, Seoul, the UK, and the US. It is projected to earn $300 million in sales in 2018 and, last summer, Estée Lauder made a minority investment (it owns 28 percent). You likely recognize Deciem's most popular line, The Ordinary, which has won over skincare enthusiasts with its no-frills, active ingredients-focused, freakishly affordable line of products. It's so loved that when it launched a foundation in 2017, it earned a 25,000-person waitlist.

Now, fans of the brand have started questioning whether or not the company will still thrive amidst recent happenings. Whether it's your first time hearing about Deciem or you've been following it but feel tangled in all the layers, buckle up. We're breaking down what happened piece by piece, ahead.

This one is interesting reading and as one of their customers - I love some of their revolutionary products which have caused a quite a stir within the industry, it's been mind boggling and it's set to run a while longer. Customers have been stocking up for a while now fearing a product shortage.

https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/g19723451/timeline-deciem-brandon-truaxe-drama/

No idea what the products are all about but this is fascinating stuff-like Elon Musk on steroids

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53200 on: October 15, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »

There is another business drama unfurling within the Beauty Industry. From Elle magazine:

Forget the Kardashians—are you keeping up with Deciem? Over the first three months of 2018, the Toronto-based, self-proclaimed "abnormal beauty company" captivated the beauty industry with its series of unpredictable events: messy public firings; Instagram mayhem including photos of garbage dumps, dead sheep, and fights with followers; and alarming accounts of an abusive work environment.

At the helm of the drama is Brandon Truaxe, Deciem's founder and acting CEO (he stripped the official title from himself to be called "worker"—more on that later). In January, he took it upon himself to singlehandedly manage the company's social media account in the name of transparency. What resulted was confusion.

For the record, the company is wildly successful. Though it was founded in 2013, over the last year it catapulted to popularity across social media and aggressively expanded store opening plans to Melbourne, Sydney, Seoul, the UK, and the US. It is projected to earn $300 million in sales in 2018 and, last summer, Estée Lauder made a minority investment (it owns 28 percent). You likely recognize Deciem's most popular line, The Ordinary, which has won over skincare enthusiasts with its no-frills, active ingredients-focused, freakishly affordable line of products. It's so loved that when it launched a foundation in 2017, it earned a 25,000-person waitlist.

Now, fans of the brand have started questioning whether or not the company will still thrive amidst recent happenings. Whether it's your first time hearing about Deciem or you've been following it but feel tangled in all the layers, buckle up. We're breaking down what happened piece by piece, ahead.

This one is interesting reading and as one of their customers - I love some of their revolutionary products which have caused a quite a stir within the industry, it's been mind boggling and it's set to run a while longer. Customers have been stocking up for a while now fearing a product shortage.

https://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/g19723451/timeline-deciem-brandon-truaxe-drama/

No idea what the products are all about but this is fascinating stuff-like Elon Musk on steroids

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53201 on: October 15, 2018, 09:12:41 PM »

A few blasts from the past up here at SPT Glasgow.

Met a chap who is (was...) the brother of Big Buddha, many of you will remember him from J10 back in the day, who sadly passed away a few years back.

"DoubleUp" came in for a chat, which was great, not seen him for best part of a decade. He looks much older than when I last saw him. He said I looked younger & more handsome than ever. Think he's right.

Finally, anyone remember Tony Chessa, who had that stonking deal with Littlewoods Poker all those years ago? He was here on Friday, & played the comp, albeit very briefly.

Marky147 was supposed to pop in but he blew me out. Tosser. 

Weekend just got better and better, then!

Horrendously long weekend, and all of it messing with spreadsheets... Gonna bust this tourney in Malta on day 1, just so I can chill out for a few days... That's my excuse, and I'll be sticking to it Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53202 on: October 16, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »

Here's a bet for you.

Watch this (turn the sound off, it's annoying & not needed) & tell me you never swore at one point.......

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #53203 on: October 16, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »

bloody hell
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53204 on: October 16, 2018, 01:24:02 PM »

bloody hell

Wink

Think my expletive was shorter.

Incidentally, I think something similar happened to Doobs in "real-life" a few years ago.

Must be proper scary.

Pages: 1 ... 3543 3544 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 3550 3551 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: