blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6331805 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21660 on: March 13, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »

So many things I want to diary, lots & lots of it, & I've not completed that List I stuck up nearly a week ago, yet. I need an updated "to-Diary" List I think. I may try & have a whole day & get caught up tomorrow. Been Offline since Thursday evening, & stuff has piled up unbelievably.

I keep losing things, too, & it got so bad, on Thursday I found something I lost 2 years ago in my car which I've only owned a year. How that happen?

On Friday, I managed to lose TWO pairs of trousers, & I can't even think how or where that happened. So I had to do SPT Luton in jeans, & I felt incredibly self-conscious, but everyone said "so what"? Times have changed, but it's a struggle for me.

Friday evening was bittersweet. Cut a terrific deal, really thrilled to bits, followed, within 20 minutes, with confirmation of some ghastly news, suspected for a while, some smart-arse thought he'd be clever & do a grim, but it came out on top with the help of alcohol-induced loose tongues. It pissed me off, but no big deal, until I awoke on Saturday morning in a delayed rage about it, & I was in a thoroughly foul mood for a few hours. Some peeps have neither shame, brains, or class. He'll pay his bill.

The SPT went tremendously well, & G-Luton were spot on, which I have written about on the Luton thread. Physically, I was done in when it finished, & the 100 yard walk to Days Inn Luton was a real struggle, I felt really old, barely able to manage the short walk.

Sadly, Days Inn Luton, once one of the flagship Days Inns, has gone rapidly downhill. Brekkie on Saturday was a disgrace. I paid my £8 at 9.45, but all the food, plates & cutlery had gone, so, in the epicentre of my foul mood, I had a bit of a rant. Told "but it's 9.45, & we shut at 10", only made it worse. "But I paid you at 9.45 & you happily took my money" had no effect. I was rather ruder than I care to be, & they refunded the £8 eventually, which made no difference, the money matters not. And this morning in the Brekkie Room there were ferrel children running around, crying, screaming, messing with the buffet with their bare hands, & even one of them was smiling at me. Outrageous.

This morning, wised up, I had first checked brekkie was available - & plates cutlery & food, because I'm a bit snobbish about eating scrambled egg off bare tables with my fingers - were available, & they were, so I paid my £8 like a good boy. The woman said "what room Sir?", & I said "I'm paying cash", so she said "but we have to have your Room Number Sir, to put it in the system". I so wanted to say sod off, wtf does it matter, but I wimped it. Probably just as well, because I was, of course, being wholly unreasonable & obdurate. Not at all like me.

I really do get childish when things don't go my way sometimes, my Dad would be mortified. But when peeps stick it in my eye,  I do the reluctant puppy thing, & just become difficult.

I think I'll have a kip now, I promised to do Luton tonight, but I'm so tired, my energy levels are on red. I'll be there, though, live poker is so addictive.

Amazing how clever sleep is at recharging batteries & fortitude.

I'll have a 90 minute nap now, wake up feeling shite, have a shower & a latte, & be ready to love the world, & everyone who sail in her.

I'm 100% addicted to latte, I am beyond redemption. I wonder if there is a latte rehab clinic?

I'm trying not to think of matters in Japan, too. That is so utterly dreadful. There is just nothing we can do to help, nothing. Imagining it happening here is horrendous. I'm sure someone might Post "ffs, 'Stars is down, & it's the Sunday Biggies tonight, sort it out, 'Stars".

Yup, time for a kip.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #21661 on: March 13, 2011, 03:16:59 PM »

Hi TK

Why don't you stay across the road at Icon in future?.

The Hot Breakfasts are cooked to order and theres plenty of Juices,Cereals etc on the side

I've stayed there. I thought it was spot on compared to Days. Plus I prefer to give my cash to a
Family business rather than a big organisation.

Regards

M

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:57:08 PM by MPOWER » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21662 on: March 13, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »

Hi TK

The Hot Breakfasts are cooked to order and theres plenty of Juices,Cereals etc on the side

I've stayed for there I thought it was spot on compared to Days. Plus I prefer to give my cash to a

Regards

M

Next time I will, I've wanted to give it a try for ages. Quite a story behind that place, in fact, I believe they run out of money halfway through fitting it out, or so I heard somewhere.

I won't use Days Inn Luton again, though to be fair, I was not paying the bill, Sky were, so not right to complain at a freebie.

If I don't like what a service provider supplies, or how they supply it, I just don't use them any more, simple, there is plenty of choice. There are serial minnies next door who whine & whinge about Sky Poker 24/7, despite there being hundreds of Online Poker Sites all equally accessible, & all, apparently, far better.

Yes, I agree. Time for that anti-rant remedy - a power nap.

Have a good Sunday, John.

Regards.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #21663 on: March 13, 2011, 03:54:15 PM »

I'm 100% addicted to Caffeine

fyp

Physically, I was done in when it finished, & the 100 yard walk to Days Inn Luton was a real struggle, I felt really old, barely able to manage the short walk.

have you thought about HGH therapy? this article came up with a quick google and is 3 years old but apparently it is absolutely bog standard these days for wealthy, old people to be on this stuff, number one topic of conversation at dinner parties etc etc. prices have come down since written i believe.

“I have about 250 patients currently on HGH,” says Dr Thierry Hertoghe, a GP with an interest in endocrinology. “I’ve been taking it myself for 13 years, and it has completely changed my life. I’m now 50, but I have no wrinkles. I need two hours less sleep than I did when I was younger, and I’ve got a much more efficient memory. My body fat is 13%. Basically, HGH stops the body cells from atrophying. I believe 70% of ageing is due to lack of growth hormone.”

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/beauty/article3663145.ece

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #21664 on: March 13, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »

Hi TK

I've stayed for there I thought it was spot on compared to Days. Plus I prefer to give my cash to a

Regards

M

Next time I will, I've wanted to give it a try for ages. Quite a story behind that place, in fact, I believe they run out of money halfway through fitting it out, or so I heard somewhere.

I won't use Days Inn Luton again, though to be fair, I was not paying the bill, Sky were, so not right to complain at a freebie.

+1 for staying at the Icon

This is the story behind it - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/ruth-watsons-hotel-rescue/4od#3015537

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #21665 on: March 13, 2011, 04:52:03 PM »

Have you been to the Silk Mill Industrial Museum in Derby?

http://www.derby.gov.uk/LeisureCulture/MuseumsGalleries/Derby_Industrial_Museum.htm

I have to admit I'd never heard of it until my Dad mentioned it this weekend. Apparently it's being mothballed on April 3rd so I'm planning on taking a trip there soon.

It would seem to be your cup of tea as they have some form of railway study centre, an RB211 and a Merlin Aero engine.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #21666 on: March 13, 2011, 07:27:23 PM »

I'm trying not to think of matters in Japan, too. That is so utterly dreadful. There is just nothing we can do to help, nothing. Imagining it happening here is horrendous. I'm sure someone might Post "ffs, 'Stars is down, & it's the Sunday Biggies tonight, sort it out, 'Stars".

Or complain about a breakfast/having to give a room number over?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #21667 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

Hey TK,

Someone mentioned in another thread you have close links in Alfreton? I have quite alot of family history there, pretty much grew up in the village myself. Never knew anyone in the real world was aware it existed Tongue
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21668 on: March 14, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »

Accessible science:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zm833/Wonders_of_the_Universe_Stardust/

Well worth an hour of anyone's time.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21669 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:31 PM »

Hi TK

Regards

M

+1 for staying at the Icon

This is the story behind it - http://www.channel4.com/programmes/ruth-watsons-hotel-rescue/4od#3015537

I love these type of programmes, and I saw this one a few weeks ago.

Can't believe they finished the project and  I really thought some big hotel group would buy them out.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21670 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »

Accessible science:

If anyone's interested in popular science, I'd recommend this tour:

http://blog.newhumanist.org.uk/2010/12/science-on-tour-robin-inces-uncaged.html

Some excellent presenters involved.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #21671 on: March 14, 2011, 12:16:29 PM »

It's all gone quiet from you and Tom on the WSOP front.

Have you two ditherers made a decision yet?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #21672 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

Accessible science:

It is good, but you have to laugh at the mind-boggling travel budget - "imagine the dying sun was this derelict prison on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21673 on: March 14, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »

It's all gone quiet from you and Tom on the WSOP front.

Have you two ditherers made a decision yet?

Afternoon Keith.

Tom can speak for himself, but he did not really have a decision to make.

As for me, you'll be pleased to know that I've reached a very advanced position of ditheryness. I was momentarily ditherynessless, but I've moved into ditherynesslessness now.

I HAVE decided, unless something serious intervenes, to go out to Vegas 10 or 14 days BEFORE the Sky Poker Team travel out. It'll be my first "holiday" since I re-commenced work 5 years ago, & the first EVER time, in 7 WSOP visits to Vegas, I've gone there to play poker. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am by the prospect, I'm like a 16 year old on his first date.

I plan to play the Caesars Deepstacks for 10 or 12 days straight, maybe a few Venetian ones, perhaps Binions, too. Sadly, the Deepie schedule has not been published yet, afaic, but as soon as they are, my flight & Hotel will be booked. I'm almost "counting the sleeps" already!

As to the Main Event, no, I've not decided yet, to be honest, I'm really grappling with it right now. It sort of depends on a whole bunch of things, including ridding myself of the notion that I'd "freeze", & coming to terms with my responsibilities to Sky Poker.

Thank you for asking, & I hope my indecision is not seen as apathy or rudeness to all those who offered to stake me, which I took as a huge compliment, given my limited abilities. If I do play it, I would like to think it would be a "Community-based" thing, where a lot of people shared in the success. If any. Winning a big bunch of money there is not the kick, it's just not, but I would love to play it just once.

Well done last night, at The Vic, by the way. Well, almost. I lolled hard at the hero call with Ace high into Quads. Good read, Sir.

How is Katherine, & young Jake?

Does Jake have a QPR shirt yet?

You enjoying Mr Warnock's tenure?

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #21674 on: March 14, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »

It'll be my first "holiday" since I re-commenced work 5 years ago, & the first EVER time, in 7 WSOP visits to Vegas, I've gone there to play poker.

much deserved!
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: