blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2247 2248 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 2254 2255 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333846 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33750 on: July 02, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

Never mind that's what usually happens in tourneys.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33751 on: July 02, 2013, 12:13:45 AM »

Managed - with considerable difficulty - to resist the $1,100 PLO at Venetian.

Fancied some Big O or PLO8 cash @ Venetian, but the waiting lists were huge.

Saw Dan Oyston who tried to persuade me to play the $1,100 tourney, but resisted.

Waked all the way to Caesars (approx 7 miles) in furnace like heat to register for the 4pm $240 NLH thingie, arrived at 3.40 and it was sold out!

Decided to play some Omaha cash at Caesars, any variant, not fussed. "We never run Omaha these days Sir, just Texas". Fair enough, TY TY.

Back at Rio now, next on list for $1-$2 Big O cash.

Tried to spot Camel, who sad he was playing satellites in Rio today, but can't see him. We have financial matters to settle. Gawd knows whether he owes me, or me him. Will suggest a chop.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #33752 on: July 02, 2013, 07:05:09 AM »

Just had me (another) new arsehole ripped.

I suck at Stud. Wish I did not so enjoy it.

Do they play PL Stud anywhere?

Anyway, we have a bowl of poo left, 5,000, at 250-500 Omaha.

No PL Stud but closest to it is 2-10 Spread Limit Stud Hi Low with a qualifier for high (Minimum two pairs)* at Sun Coast in Summerlin. Derek played in it with Chip Jett and other sharks and did quite well while I played Spread limit O8 Smiley

* If no one has two pair or better the low wins whole pot.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #33753 on: July 02, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »

Pretty sure its snowed 5 winters in a row here, not that surprising, when i was living in south florida one year it snowed, that is surprising.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #33754 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »

Really really enjoying reading your exploits out there Tikay.....sounds like you are having a ball and enjoying the whole experience of riding on that crest of a wave, with the added bonus of still loving it if you cash or not. How poker should be IMO.

Just to be clear.....I am always in if you cash. If you dont, I am out  Wink

PS....loving Jeeves diary much more than this one.

PPS......when will my C4P's be paid FFS?? 

Life has no rebuy options
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33755 on: July 02, 2013, 05:53:08 PM »

No more Limit Poker on the stake, ever ever.

I've played three Limit Events whilst here, & busted embarrassingly early in all three.

I'm determined to get the hang of it, as so many good games are played frequently at Limit (Omaha O8, Stud O8, Stud, HORSE) & so I'm going to try & find someone to coach me in Limit games, & the strategy adjustments needed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33756 on: July 02, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

I have just been & paid in for today's "Carnevale of Poker" $365 Omaha, here at The Rio. can't be doing with queues & stuff, so we are in.

Table 369, Seat 7, starts at 5pm, "Pavilion".

Based on the thread feedback, this IS on the Stake, for everyone, even though it is not on the original schedule.

That just leaves one more scheduled event, the $240 Omaha @ Caesars tomorrow.

Today's start time is perfect, 5pm, gives me time to do a long-overdue Blog for next door, try & reply to some Diary questions, Post some new Diary Stuff, & got get an afternoon kip before it starts.

Perfect day really - writing, sleeping, & pokering in Vegas, with a Starbucks 100 yards from the Table.

Living the dream.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33757 on: July 02, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »

I hope you have a ripping time this afternoon whilst shizzling.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #33758 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »

Good luck today Tikay

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33759 on: July 02, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »

About time you won one of these. Sort it out.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #33760 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:58 PM »

And time to respond to PM's...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33761 on: July 02, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »

And time to respond to PM's...

Ugh, sorry.

You are moving up the list now, think your ticket is # 981.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33762 on: July 02, 2013, 10:02:50 PM »

I have just been & paid in for today's "Carnevale of Poker" $365 Omaha, here at The Rio. can't be doing with queues & stuff, so we are in.

Table 369, Seat 7, starts at 5pm, "Pavilion".

Based on the thread feedback, this IS on the Stake, for everyone, even though it is not on the original schedule.

That just leaves one more scheduled event, the $240 Omaha @ Caesars tomorrow.

Today's start time is perfect, 5pm, gives me time to do a long-overdue Blog for next door, try & reply to some Diary questions, Post some new Diary Stuff, & got get an afternoon kip before it starts.

Perfect day really - writing, sleeping, & pokering in Vegas, with a Starbucks 100 yards from the Table.

Living the dream.

and sticky buns.
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33763 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »

Tokay what are your favourite 3 hotels in Vegas and least favourite from an appearance point of view. Can do strip and or downtown?

Morning Jim.

I honestly don't really know the Downtown hotels. I know Binions is falling to bits, thats all.

If the question is "best/worst three visually", well top three is easy, there are only three worth a second glance, but all three are awe-inspiring & can invoke leakage if I stare at them for too long. Honestly, I could stand & stare, marvel, at these three all day long. Simply perfect, for Vegas. They got the scale just right, too, they are all monster large, but so beautifully designed they don't look big at all. Rather like the A380 does not look big, but is in fact far bigger than a 747. Scale is key.

The Wynn/Encore twins, easily best, + Vdara, & Aria.

...snip...

Is this the hotel where they had to modify the glass or walkway in front of the concave section as the sun was being focused by it and acting like a giant magnifying glass and cooking people walking past?  (perhaps I exaggerate a smidge)
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33764 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »

No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315978/Las-Vegas-hotel-death-ray-leaves-guests-severe-burns.html

Pages: 1 ... 2247 2248 2249 2250 [2251] 2252 2253 2254 2255 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: