blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 2734 2735 [2736] 2737 2738 2739 2740 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296333 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41025 on: January 28, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »

I know you are now an NFL convert Tony and I just wanted to post a few things regarding the 'Miracle in Seattle' from last Sunday.

Towards the end of regulation time, in fact just after Seattle took the lead in incredible circumstances it became clear that a guy around 6 seats away from me was in trouble. Some of the fans around him were trying to get stewards to him as he seemed to have passed out as was half laying on the seats with his head dangling towards the floor. When the first two stewards arrived they got on radios quickly and within a minute the paramedics had arrived. They laid him across the seats and were examining him. They eventually strapped him into a chair to carry him off the stand.

Seattle win the game after being around 100/1 to win it with just 5 minutes left, it is the most incredible game and atmosphere in any sport I have ever attended. So improbable that many people were crying at the end in sheer relief/amazement/joy at what they had seen.

After the adrenalin had worn off the next day I did a quick search online to see if I could find any news about the guy that was taken ill. Thankfully I didn't find any reports about a fatality at the game but that incident and the game has been on my mind since Sunday. From the sheer joy the guy must have been feeling when the improbable happened, just to explain the emotion in the stands there were so many people just crying, shaking, screaming and among all of that a poor guy just passed out. I hope he is ok.

When searching online I came across two things that I thought encapsulated the day and also how easily and comfortable Americans are with expressing emotion. At the end it was like everyone around me had decided to pull their orgasm face and then have a little cry, grown men and women just bursting into tears and hugging anyone around them, over a football game.

Here is a video from a guy that filmed a selfie, even when the Seahawks scored to make it 19-14 he still barely celebrates which just shows how even after that TD it was still highly improbably that Seattle would win.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/01/19/seattle-seahawks-green-bay-packers-ending-fan-selfie-video

If you take away the face paint and the hat with green hair on it, I think most people in the crowd made all these expressions and shouted roughly the same things as this guy does.

This is a little heart warmer from a Green Bay fan writing a 'thank you note to Seattle'.

''''SEATTLE — It was an incredible comeback win for Seahawks fans Sunday in the NFC Championship. And a heartbreaking loss for Green Bay Packers fans.

One of those Packers fans wrote a heartwarming “thank you” note to Seattle and posted it on Craigslist early Monday.

The 55-year-old from Orlando tells a story of his 10-year-old son’s loss of a beloved friend — and how a trip to the NFC Championship in Seattle changed everything.

“First of all what a great game yesterday. Both teams had their ups and downs and as a Packer fan I must say the end was not what I expected. The reason I am posting today is to let others know of the kindness shared to my 10 year old son by a 12 year old girl from Seattle at the game .

My son lost his best friend in the world last week after a short illness. He grew up with Boo from about one year old. Boo was my sons dog, his best friend, the one who played with him, shared most all home meals with him and loved him no matter what. About 3 months ago Boo was just not himself and after a vet visit we all learned his time on earth was very short. Well Boo went to dog heaven last week and my son knew for the first time in his short life the feeling of losing someone you love.

I was lost as how to help him heal , and out of no where a dear friend offered us two tickets to the game in Seattle. I got the tickets, bought the plane tickets and called a friend of mine in Seattle to see if we could bunk for the weekend. All was ready so I told my son. He was very excited and for a minute seemed to be doing better.

Off we went and boy what a great time we had. Seattle is such a wonderful city and to see our much loved Packers play could it get any better. Sunday arrived and off we went to the game. Great seats, loud, exciting, nothing better then this I thought.

We were seated next to a large family of Seattle fans so what joy we were having kidding them as our Packers run off to a lead. My son was sitting right next to a young girl of 12. They talked and seemed to be having a great time.

Well we all know that the Packers played a great game but a win was not to be had. After Seattle scored in overtime I noticed the young girl was crying and still sitting in her seat. Her father talked to her and gave her a hug. When we were leaving I asked the father if the girl was crying for joy by the win and to my shock he told me no, she was crying because she wanted the Packers to win because she knew my son had lost his dog and she thought he needed this more then she did. I kept this to myself on the flight home.

While my son was having our dinner meal he looked at me and said he was glad that Seattle had won. I was surprised and ask him why. He looked at me and told me the girl sitting next to him had lost her cat to a dog attack only the day before and he wanted her to have something to help her feel better.

Football will never be the same to me. So Thank You Seattle for the great game, and Thank You God for putting so much love for others to these two young people.'''

Amazing stuff Phil, thanks for posting.

There was quite a backstory to this trip, it was on/off/on/off, but eventually he did it. Missed his wife's birthday for the trip, too, yikes.  

Phil is quite worldly wise, seen it & done it when it comes cto spiorts & betting, but he was like a kid in a sweet shop all trip & I lost count of the excited texts I received.

The next dilemma was should he return to the USA to watch Super Bowl?

After some ditherage, the answer was yes. And on the same trip, Phil polans to go watch the Phoenix Waste Management Open (a golf thing) which will include Tiger Woods in the field.

Living the dream.

Enjoy the trip, Phil.  

Thanks mate, I'm due to fly Thursday but looking at the weather in the North East of the US I might be struggling to get to Philly unless the snow breaks quickly. I'm planning to get 2 days of the golf and the Superbowl but would be happy right now to get just 1 day of the golf. There is rain forecast for the course for a few days too so I might be in the lap of the weather gods a little at the mo.

Fingers crossed for you Phil - must be touch & go right now?.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:01:39 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #41026 on: January 28, 2015, 01:29:43 PM »

Top five all-time Kerrang anthems?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #41027 on: January 28, 2015, 07:49:26 PM »

Hey, tikay, you have 19999 messages, 0 are new.

Hey, BorntoBubble, you have 314 messages, 0 are new

Wow, Mr popular!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #41028 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »

You now have 20000 messages, 1 is new, and I feel like I have really achieved something today.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41029 on: January 30, 2015, 11:54:42 AM »

You now have 20000 messages, 1 is new, and I feel like I have really achieved something today.

Much as it pains me to say you wasted your time, but you were wayyyy too late youg Lady.......

Hey, tikay, you have 20005 messages, 0 are new.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41030 on: January 30, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »

Hey, BorntoBubble, you have 314 messages, 0 are new

Wow, Mr popular!

Not quite.......

I don't have Facebook, so regular Messages come to be via blonde, including from regulars Next Door, as the PM service there is a bit poo.

I also seem to be blonde Customer Care, so a lot of complaints, moans & whinges find their way to me, marv.

But the vast majority are just friends, plus various staking stuff & the like. 

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #41031 on: January 30, 2015, 01:27:21 PM »

Much as it pains me to say you wasted your time, but you were wayyyy too late youg Lady.......

Hey, tikay, you have 20005 messages, 0 are new.

Bugger.

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41032 on: January 31, 2015, 11:19:10 AM »

Went to The Vic on Thursday, & played the £150 PLO 4/5/6.

Saw so many old friends, & had a lovely evening.

Was seated right behind Ryan Spittles, who was playing the Main Event, & he must have guessed I would be there, as he had bought a lovely gift for me, a most unusual book called "Happy End". Ryan is such a decent man.

The book subject was rather unusual - aereoplane crashes in remote locations, where nobody got killed. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41033 on: January 31, 2015, 11:32:42 AM »

Did I get the lot at The Vic? Not exactly, but I never needed a re-entry, so I sort of "saved" £150. That's 2 blanks in 4 days, but I enjoyed both immensely.

The game was PLO 4/5/6, which I really enjoy.

Nice table, plenty chatty, average age mid forties I guess. Only one cock on the table, & we clashed repeatedly. (With the cards, not the verbals, I refused to rise to his baiting).

My stack was all over the place. We began with 10,000, soon I had 16,000, then 6,000, then 26,000, then 9,000, 22,000, up & down, but when it really mattered, late on, I lost the hands I needed to win.

It's an extraordinary game. Not often I commit my whole stack with Q high, but I did it twice.

On this flop....

Two Diamonds

I had.....

I bet, my man potted it, off we go, & I did a get.

After then losing half my stack next hand with the flopped nut flush, I then doubled again, once again getting the lot in with Q high.

Flop was....

two hearts

I had.....

And got there again, against aces, & my man berated me something shocking. Yeah yeah. I think my play was correct, but it matters not I suppose.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41034 on: January 31, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »

Flushy came across to chat.

It's a weird thing, but as a recreational, we always want to impress better players. It mirrors real life I suppose, we want to show others how good we are.

Anyway, I'm nattering with Flushy, whilst in a hand. I'm on the button.

It's multi-way - most pots were early on - & I had A high, with no hearts, & we see a flop something like this.

And it's checked to me on the button.

Seemed a reasonable spot to fire at.

Bet.

Mr Mouth, of all people, calls me.

I flash Flushy my cards, sort of "watch me nick this with aplomb when I fire again on the turn".

I nearly fainted when the turn came THE worst possible card in the deck, ever ever ever.

Err, best give this one up.

Flushy guffaws as only he can.

"I thought that was a nice play be my, James" I say, looking for some warmth, encouragement, & maybe a bit of love.

"Looked like a shit play to me" he says as he ambled away laughing.

Marv.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41035 on: February 01, 2015, 11:30:55 AM »

Meanwhile, in Online Poker, I've just finalised my January results.

I play, almost exclusively, little (£5.50 & £11) PLO8 DYM's, usually 5 or 6 at a time, & 20 or 30 per session.

My January profit ended at £103.11. It's the 14th month out of 15 I've turned a profit, but it only averages around £!00 per month, 25% of which is "Reward Points" money. In total, I've turned £200 into just over £1,600 since I began my "Challenge". Took 15 months though, lol.

It only equates to around £0.20 profit per game (I played 403 DYM's in January), so I'm not exactly crushing, but I enjoy it immensely. Cost-effective? Not exactly, but I'm hopelessly addicted to poker, & I just enjoy the challenge. I'd lose money if I played bigger, I think, so will settle for what I seem able to do with reasonable competence.  

I'm such a nit, I just sit quietly in the corner, don't play many hands at all, & almost never play a hand that does not contain an Ace.

I suppose I should try opening up my ranges a bit, but I struggle to play what I consider "bad" hands. Most of my profit comes from mistakes (strategic SNG mistakes) by others.

Here endeth my chirp. £0.20 a game? BEAST MODE.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:36:30 AM by tikay » Logged

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #41036 on: February 01, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »

Are you just posting so you don't get fined Tony?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #41037 on: February 01, 2015, 06:44:35 PM »

Meanwhile, in Online Poker, I've just finalised my January results.

I play, almost exclusively, little (£5.50 & £11) PLO8 DYM's, usually 5 or 6 at a time, & 20 or 30 per session.

My January profit ended at £103.11. It's the 14th month out of 15 I've turned a profit, but it only averages around £!00 per month, 25% of which is "Reward Points" money. In total, I've turned £200 into just over £1,600 since I began my "Challenge". Took 15 months though, lol.

It only equates to around £0.20 profit per game (I played 403 DYM's in January), so I'm not exactly crushing, but I enjoy it immensely. Cost-effective? Not exactly, but I'm hopelessly addicted to poker, & I just enjoy the challenge. I'd lose money if I played bigger, I think, so will settle for what I seem able to do with reasonable competence.  

I'm such a nit, I just sit quietly in the corner, don't play many hands at all, & almost never play a hand that does not contain an Ace.

I suppose I should try opening up my ranges a bit, but I struggle to play what I consider "bad" hands. Most of my profit comes from mistakes (strategic SNG mistakes) by others.

Here endeth my chirp. £0.20 a game? BEAST MODE.

So what medication were you on when you opened J953 playing live PLO last week?

That is a hand that I would pass in my sleep in any position ever.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #41038 on: February 01, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »

Your too tight on the button karabiner!

Solid results Teeks!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41039 on: February 02, 2015, 09:22:09 AM »

Top five all-time Kerrang anthems?

Ridiculously great question, unbelievably difficult question, I could list 25 & still miss a load, but off the top of my head, & in no particular order, (though Basket Case probably # 1) I'd go for......

Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 2734 2735 [2736] 2737 2738 2739 2740 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: