blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 3140 3141 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321421 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47040 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:16 PM »

On those lines, my car reg (by pure chance) is FML.

PL08FML is available for £250 or PL08POT for £499. Someone has nabbed PL08FFS.

I'm mostly in the Camel camp but could be tempted by the first.

How much for IFOLD?

I'm struggling to think of a poker player (of any merit) who has a personal plate, tbh. None of my acquaintance, for sure.

Couldn't resist posting on this.  Just bought the plate DO66 LAY last week as an investment with a view to keeping it if i can't sell it for a reasonable profit.  Didn't realise you needed a brand new 66 plate car to put it on though!

D066 ETS was 6 times more expensive to buy.  Think both plates will be of similar value to greybound bookmakers/punters.  Think the DVLA didn't realise the significance of dog lay compared to dog bets in their valuation of them.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:46:00 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47041 on: September 26, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

How much for IFOLD?

I'm struggling to think of a poker player (of any merit) who has a personal plate, tbh. None of my acquaintance, for sure.

Couldn't resist posting on this.  Just bought the plate DO66 LAY last week as an investment with a view to keeping it if i can't sell it for a reasonable profit.  Didn't realise you needed a brand new 66 plate car to put it on though!

D066 ETS was 6 times more expensive to buy.  Think both plates will be of similar value.  Think the DVLA didn't realise the significance of dog lay compared to dog bets in their valuation of them.

oioi, Argue in the thread.

So you gotta buy a new car now, or will you just hold onto it unregistered?

Anyway, never mind chuffing number plates, what about LolzzStoke?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47042 on: September 26, 2016, 01:56:21 PM »

How much for IFOLD?

D066 ETS was 6 times more expensive to buy.  Think both plates will be of similar value.  Think the DVLA didn't realise the significance of dog lay compared to dog bets in their valuation of them.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzstoke are fine.  Had my customary chunk at 1/3 this week they stay up (14/1 to go down a few weeks ago now a 3/1 shot lolzzzz) to pay for next summer's vacation!  Bookies love over reacting to short term sample sizes.  Hardly like Stoke have had an easy start is it?  Spuds and Man City will put 4 past many teams this season.  Palace drilled us as well but are smoking at the moment with all their lolPardew transfer business.  Everton are smoking and only beat us with a dodgy pen decision (as did Mboro).  4 points lost there.  Then run into Pulis in his 1000th game.   How many points were Stoke expected to get in these opening 6 games?  5 ? 6?  Hardly a crisis is it?  We have two and a bundle of injuries which are not going to be there all season esp the keeper.

Manure at the weekend at Old trafford.  The bf machine is providing corporate hospitiality as usual so i will update after sampling the OT prawn sandwiches.

Holding the plate with a view to selling it at a decent profit.  Think it is worth 10 times what i paid for it.

Tried to buy LO15 TOK plate but someone had already bought it!
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47043 on: September 26, 2016, 04:59:01 PM »

I have just bought a plate for my car, but tbh plates like that DO 66 LAY or DO 66 ETS just seem  wanky to me ,they dont actually say anything lolz. but its surprising what people will buy.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47044 on: September 26, 2016, 05:20:52 PM »

Use to have VDR 174 on old landrover, sold the whole thing for under a grand, would like to have both back now, plate worth about £900 and a series 2 landrover......who knows  Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47045 on: September 26, 2016, 05:31:23 PM »

How much for IFOLD?

D066 ETS was 6 times more expensive to buy.  Think both plates will be of similar value.  Think the DVLA didn't realise the significance of dog lay compared to dog bets in their valuation of them.

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzstoke are fine.  Had my customary chunk at 1/3 this week they stay up (14/1 to go down a few weeks ago now a 3/1 shot lolzzzz) to pay for next summer's vacation!  Bookies love over reacting to short term sample sizes.  Hardly like Stoke have had an easy start is it?  Spuds and Man City will put 4 past many teams this season.  Palace drilled us as well but are smoking at the moment with all their lolPardew transfer business.  Everton are smoking and only beat us with a dodgy pen decision (as did Mboro).  4 points lost there.  Then run into Pulis in his 1000th game.   How many points were Stoke expected to get in these opening 6 games?  5 ? 6?  Hardly a crisis is it?  We have two and a bundle of injuries which are not going to be there all season esp the keeper.

Manure at the weekend at Old trafford.  The bf machine is providing corporate hospitiality as usual so i will update after sampling the OT prawn sandwiches.

Holding the plate with a view to selling it at a decent profit.  Think it is worth 10 times what i paid for it.

I don't quite get why you wound want a personal plate.

Only folks with an ego go for them, surely?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47046 on: September 26, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »

Hi Tikay,
           I used to think it was a naff idea - personal plates, but over the years its become more popular and somehow doesnt seem so daft , and is a good way of remembering yer reg as you get older  Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47047 on: September 26, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »

Hi Tikay,
           I used to think it was a naff idea - personal plates, but over the years its become more popular and somehow doesnt seem so daft , and is a good way of remembering yer reg as you get older  Smiley

Good tip, I'll let Karabiner know that.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47048 on: September 26, 2016, 08:40:27 PM »

How much for IFOLD?

I don't quite get why you wound want a personal plate.

Only folks with an ego go for them, surely?

My main reason for buying it was as an investment tbh.  It was massively undervalued imo at the basement price they were selling it for compared to the price of similar plates. 

Me ego?  My current car is probably worth less than what i have just spent on my weekly food shopping.  No ego or flash here chief.  Always about the $$$.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #47049 on: September 26, 2016, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi Arbs,
           I know u have bought that plate for an earner, not personal but i dont think its worth what u think. When the number plate market kicked off prob 30 plus year ago there was some massive diff in sale/resale prices to be had, but like most things it all levels out and barring exceptions the margins are much smaller , u are right about how dvla price stuff up, the one i had the letters (important bit ) were same , the 2 numbers difference made a double the price difference.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47050 on: September 27, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »

Most of us can't abide TV adverts, but there are occasional purlers.

Many of them work on raising brand awareness by frequent use of the brand name. The Go Compare Ad was voted "most hated" by many, but the fact remains, it works, & Go Compare's business has boomed as a result.

They are - or were - dire, but to be fair, the Taxi Driver one - oh fantastic - is very good indeed, partly, I suggest, because we know it whooshes & annoys the less erudite amongst us.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47051 on: September 27, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »

Which brings me to my real point.

The latest series of Maltesers ads are like the product - delicious. 

These are high budget jobbies, beautifully produced & acted.

This is easily my favourite.....

Bye Neil, off you go. Mmmmm.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47052 on: September 27, 2016, 11:36:41 AM »

Interestingly - & deliberately I believe - some of them take us out of our comfort zone a bit.

These 2, for example, both of which take us into mentally uncomfortable areas.

One features, very unusually, a mute person, & the other somehow highlights two "we must not mention" things - a physical tic, as in a spasm, & something rather more indelicate, too, which we almost never see in TV ads. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47053 on: September 27, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »

And finally, the latest one, which, at first, I found extremely uncomfortable to watch, though I'm now more a little at ease with. I think the exaggeratedly bad make up on the lady in question is part of the problem, but that's probably part of the realism.

It features a lady with, I think, dwarfism. Note, in current usage, dwarfism is deemed an acceptable term, & midget is most certainly not.

And here's the thing, you see. When I was a little boy, 30 or more years ago, my Dad was very strict about manners, & particularly so in public. Visit a shopping mall or a MacDonald's these days & kids are sat on the floor, eating & chilling. If I'd sat on the floor in a public area as a kid I'd have got a good hiding. 

But the big thing Dad taught me was that we must never stare at folks who had disabilities or some sort or another, be it dwarfism, sat in a wheelchair, got 2 heads or whatever. And so I became conditioned not to stare or even look at such people. 

"Son, don't EVER look or stare at funny looking people"

Which, as I grew older, I came to realise was just about THE most ironic message ever ever ever. 

Don't stare at funny looking people

Dad, bless him to bits, was a bit off course there. We know what he meant, of course.

Anyway, after all that, here it is.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47054 on: September 27, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »

And here, just discovered, is the idea behind these Look on the light side of disability ads.

Pages: 1 ... 3133 3134 3135 3136 [3137] 3138 3139 3140 3141 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: