blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3389 3390 3391 3392 [3393] 3394 3395 3396 3397 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320784 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #50880 on: December 07, 2017, 02:27:18 PM »

Joey knows Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50881 on: December 07, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »

Joey knows Cheesy

One day, I'd love to look at your browsing history, God knows where you find all this stuff.

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50882 on: December 07, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »

Funny though, I'll give you that.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #50883 on: December 07, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »

He's absolutely superb. Saw him in Vegas this year, and was in tears.

As for my browsing history, it's probably not that interesting.

I punt lots, read the sports websites, andwatch podcasts/vlogs on youtube.

Proper living on the edge, me Wink

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #50884 on: December 07, 2017, 08:01:34 PM »

In late October, the EGR "Industry Awards" took place.

They cover all sorts, not just Sports Betting - Affiliates, Bingo, Slots, FTP, anything & everything in Online Gaming.

For the big companies, those with the full portfolio of Gaming Sites (as opposed to, day, just Bingo or Slots), the Blue Riband are the Awards given to the Sports Betting Businesses - as that is easily the biggest market.

And the top award  - Operator of the Year - went to.......Bet365, who also won Best Mobile Sports Product.

Thoroughly deserved, too, they are an incredibly well run business by any yardstick.

SB&G did not do too badly either, collecting more Awards than any other Business, being awarded Best Football Betting Operator, Best In-Play Sports Operator, Best Sports Betting Operator, & Best Mobile Operator.

Those were thoroughly deserved, too.

Next, a really fascinating article which will shock many of the betting experts.....  

Organising these industry award gigs is such a great business model. Printing as they say

I bet.

Was that the sort of gig you used to get involved in?

Industry Awards are a huge thing these days, quite a niche business organising them I would guess.

I was in Eastbourne recently, and the Grand Hotel Ballroom was packed to the rafters with the local newspaper Awards - "Eastbourne Herald South West Sussex Business Awards" or whatever.  

The room must have had 30 tables, each with 15 seated around it. Bet the Tables cost a mint to "buy", too.  God knows where all the people came from, I mean, how many Businesses can there be in a Town like Eastbourne?

Similar - ours were conferences in the area of customer management - with our database of potential customers to the event and potential sponsors would have been an easy sideline to develop. But, it's relatively low ticket versus a conference and venues in the UK mean you can never get that many people in a large conference room with big round tables in reasonable comfort so revenue is a bit capped (excluding sponsorships).

Also, there were established awards at that time from people like the Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals, Institute of Customer Service and there was more value in developing relationships that aligned ourselves with them and mutually promoted each others interests than compete

Interesting field though

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50885 on: December 08, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »

In Wolverhampton yesterday, a 22 year old man trying to make a humorous (?) You Tube video had to be rescued by firefighters, after his head got stuck in a microwave. Repeat, his head got stuck in a microwave.

He had placed a plastic bag over his head first - not a good start, I'd suggest - then placed his head inside the microwave. His friends then mixed 7 bags of polyfilla & poured it into the microwave.

To their great surprise, the polyfilla soon set, & the man became trapped. Who'd have thought polyfilla goes hard?

Slightly worrying to think the guy is old enough to drive a car or tie his own shoelaces. 

Click to see full-size image.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #50886 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »

In Wolverhampton yesterday, a 22 year old man trying to make a humorous (?) You Tube video had to be rescued by firefighters, after his head got stuck in a microwave. Repeat, his head got stuck in a microwave.

He had placed a plastic bag over his head first - not a good start, I'd suggest - then placed his head inside the microwave. His friends then mixed 7 bags of polyfilla & poured it into the microwave.

To their great surprise, the polyfilla soon set, & the man became trapped. Who'd have thought polyfilla goes hard?

Slightly worrying to think the guy is old enough to drive a car or tie his own shoelaces. 

Don't know why I find this so funny. But I do

sola virtus nobilitat
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #50887 on: December 08, 2017, 10:55:14 AM »

Wonder if he's invested in btc?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50888 on: December 08, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »

At a Chanel Fashion Show in Hamburg yesterday, Karl Lagerfeld made an appearance, with his Godson in tow.

I'm quite sure the 84 year old Mr Lagerfeld (& his cat, Choupette, which has 51,000 Twitter followers) is some sort of genius, judging by the way he is feted everywhere.

Something about him visually disturbs me though.

Wonder if he pops into M & S Food or Aldi dressed like that?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50889 on: December 08, 2017, 05:58:45 PM »

Ed Sheeran received an MBE yesterday.

You might well ask who Ed Sheeran is & why he might deserve an MBE. Don't ask me though, I've no idea. (He's a pop singer apparently).

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50890 on: December 08, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »

At a Chanel Fashion Show in Hamburg yesterday, Karl Lagerfeld made an appearance, with his Godson in tow.

I'm quite sure the 84 year old Mr Lagerfeld (& his cat, Choupette, which has 51,000 Twitter followers) is some sort of genius, judging by the way he is feted everywhere.

cross between bernie ecclestone and michael jackson......imo Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50891 on: December 08, 2017, 08:37:59 PM »

ffs never get quotes right

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #50892 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »

cross between bernie ecclestone and michael jackson......imo Cheesy

Fair shout.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50893 on: December 08, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »

You might well ask who Ed Sheeran is & why he might deserve an MBE. Don't ask me though, I've no idea. (He's a pop singer apparently).

I think you should have to do something outstandingly selfless to get a honour.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #50894 on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »

I think you should have to do something outstandingly selfless to get a honour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/ed-sheeran-the-nicest-guy-in-pop/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 3389 3390 3391 3392 [3393] 3394 3395 3396 3397 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: