blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:11:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 3425 3426 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296992 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #51315 on: February 28, 2018, 09:18:14 PM »

Anyone want to guess why the crowd all stood there?

Maybe that jewellers is a pawnbroker & they were all trying to pawn or redeem something?

Click to see full-size image.

l-R Humber Hawk, Hillman Minx, Ford Anglia  Smiley
Is it the day after the favourite won The Grand National and they're all waiting to get paid out?

Ha, that might actually be the answer, awaiting the Bookies Runner.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51316 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »

Another great back in the day photo.

Anyone remember Tizer?

It was the 1950 version of Red Bull. Well wicked.

Really enjoyed these photos but the most striking impression is what a low priority fashion was. Really god damn awful in fact. So many ill-fitting garments, coarse fabrics & bland colours.

I mean take this dude on the left. He strikes the pose of a natty dresser but upon closer inspection those ankle-freezers with jesus sandals, no socks & hip-hugging knitted waistcoat tell a different story. His chum next door wears the widest trousers I've ever seen outside of a circus. I can only imagine these fellas have donned their dad's threads to get some of that British shag on offer at this seedy establishment. Or to see the aspro if you're that way inclined.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51317 on: February 28, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »

Anyone remember Tizer?

Really enjoyed these photos but the most striking impression is what a low priority fashion was. Really god damn awful in fact. So many ill-fitting garments, coarse fabrics & bland colours.

I mean take this dude on the left. He strikes the pose of a natty dresser but upon closer inspection those ankle-freezers with jesus sandals, no socks & hip-hugging knitted waistcoat tell a different story. His chum next door wears the widest trousers I've ever seen outside of a circus. I can only imagine these fellas have donned their dad's threads to get some of that British shag on offer at this seedy establishment. Or to see the aspro if you're that way inclined.

Pretty harsh there Mantis - Karabiner saved up all his pocket money to afford that outfit.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #51318 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »

The Secret of Convict Lake (1951)

Jim Canfield, convicted of a crime he did not commit, escapes a Nevada prison with several hardened criminals. He leads them to the small farming community home of the man who not only framed him, but committed the crime. But Jim's plans for revenge are put on hold when he discovers that the local men have all joined the posse in the convict's pursuit, leaving their women behind. He soon becomes attracted to the beautiful and resourceful Marcia, who turns out to be the fiance of the man who framed him. Can Jim protect the women from his less-civilized comrades, fall under Marcia's humanizing influence and still maintain his murderous resolve? 
—Chris Stone

(IMDB)

That film's got more twists than the Cavern Club!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51319 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »

Jim Canfield, convicted of a crime he did not commit, escapes a Nevada prison with several hardened criminals. He leads them to the small farming community home of the man who not only framed him, but committed the crime. But Jim's plans for revenge are put on hold when he discovers that the local men have all joined the posse in the convict's pursuit, leaving their women behind. He soon becomes attracted to the beautiful and resourceful Marcia, who turns out to be the fiance of the man who framed him. Can Jim protect the women from his less-civilized comrades, fall under Marcia's humanizing influence and still maintain his murderous resolve? 
—Chris Stone

(IMDB)

Think I'll pass on that Tal.

I've watched Pulp Fiction 20 or more times & I still can't make sense of the continuity & (un)chronological order.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51320 on: March 01, 2018, 11:50:50 AM »

Anyone remember Tizer?

Ha, cracking post by MANTIS.

Anyone think knitted waistcoat guy (far left) is Tittybeam?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51321 on: March 01, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »

The embedded weather-app on my PC is currently telling me that the temperature outside is -6c/feels like -18c.

I cannot ever remember it being this cold in Nottingham - or for that matter in Toronto where I lived for 5/6 years during what seems like another incarnation.

Just in case people are not aware - touching metal with a bare finger/hand could cause severe burns in this climate.

Honest to God, I don't ever recall it being this cold.

I'm OK, obv, but it's the old folk like you I worry about.

Wrap up Ralph. 

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #51322 on: March 01, 2018, 07:58:42 PM »

—Chris Stone

(IMDB)

This was Michael Gordon's last film before he got blacklisted by McCarthy & Co. He'd been directing mainly B-Movies and Noir until this point. Convict Lake was a critical & commercial success, in fact. Oddly, his comeback film was 1959's Pillow Talk - a RomCom of its time with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. 8 years must've seemed like one helluva long time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51323 on: March 02, 2018, 10:56:14 AM »

Film talk?

WTF?

On which note, though, pronunciation comes to mind.

Have you noticed how Irish folks pronounce "film" "fillem"?

And on a similar theme, Caribbean & African folk say "ask" as "aks"?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51324 on: March 02, 2018, 11:00:47 AM »

It's an ill wind

Interesting week in the news media, with all this dreadful weather, but have you noticed how they love to accentuate & exaggerate the negatives?

Snowfall up to 50/75/100cm, the more the better, temperatures -5, -10, -15, the lower the better.

It's not all bad though.

I generally visit my local Tesco when the doors open at 8am, & the shelves are all nicely stacked, full to the brim, & the products nicely "faced".

Had to pop in again at 6pm last night, & the shelves had been stripped bare, there was barely any food left.   The Supermarkets must have had their best day in ages.

Same for Online Gaming, & Online Poker. The UK facing sites had their best day yesterday in yonks, right across the board - Betting, Slots, Poker, everything.

I suppose for every loser there is a winner.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:03:34 AM by tikay » Logged

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #51325 on: March 02, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »

It's an ill wind

Interesting week in the news media, with all this dreadful weather, but have you noticed how they love to accentuate & exaggerate the negatives?

Snowfall up to 50/75/100cm, the more the better, temperatures -5, -10, -15, the lower the better.

It's not all bad though.

I generally visit my local Tesco when the doors open at 8am, & the shelves are all nicely stacked, full to the brim, & the products nicely "faced".

Had to pop in again at 6pm last night, & the shelves had been stripped bare, there was barely any food left.   The Supermarkets must have had their best day in ages.

Same for Online Gaming, & Online Poker. The UK facing sites had their best day yesterday in yonks, right across the board - Betting, Slots, Poker, everything.

I suppose for every 100 losers there is a winner.

FYP

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51326 on: March 02, 2018, 04:01:38 PM »

It's an ill wind

It's not all bad though.

Had to pop in again at 6pm last night, & the shelves had been stripped bare, there was barely any food left.   The Supermarkets must have had their best day in ages.

I suppose for every 100 losers there is a winner.

FYP

Cheer up Bwian, ya know what they say......

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #51327 on: March 02, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »

—Chris Stone

(IMDB)

Think I'll pass on that Tal.

I've watched Pulp Fiction 20 or more times & I still can't make sense of the continuity & (un)chronological order.

You should watch Memento, if you haven't already....

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51328 on: March 03, 2018, 09:01:06 AM »

Rod Stewart, or more correctly Sir Rodney Stewart, was seen in Paris yesterday, celebrating the 13th anniversary of his engagement to Penny Lancaster.

Looking pretty cool for a 73 year old, huh?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51329 on: March 03, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »

What do you reckon is occuring here and do you recognise anyone in the picture?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3418 3419 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 3425 3426 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: