blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 3535 3536 [3537] 3538 3539 3540 3541 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6326188 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #53040 on: September 17, 2018, 09:35:48 PM »

Hi Kev,

BBC Four.

Here's the I-Player link;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b062mbng/storyville-last-days-in-vietnam

Great TV, & my, those US Marine pilots were so, so, brave.

Thanks Tony. Found it by search and downloaded it.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53041 on: September 17, 2018, 10:21:05 PM »

I've been playing poker each night on a few different sites, sort of professional curiosity.

It really relaxes me, enables me to forgot my ills and woes and generally get away from real life.

Most nights I play 2 little ($5.50 and €3.30) PLO8 MTT's on 'Stars. Absolutely love it, I'm at one with the world for a few hours every evening. Make a little bit of profit, too, which does the self-esteem no harm at all. When I say "a little profit" I do mean "little" though I could retire if I carried on at this rate for another 4,719 years.

Anyway, I decided to push the boat out last night and play my first ever SCOOP event. Just a baby one, $22 PLO8.

There were about 4.200 runners and it was 6 Max, so roughly 700 tables.

It had barely began when some random, sat two to my left, says "oioi Tony, fancy seeing you here".

I was inclined to ignore, probably some troll. I don't engage with trolls, answer phone calls, knocks at the door or talk to neighbours, I've become happily unsociable.

He persisted, so I eventually and reluctantly replied, "who is that?"

It was Marky147, who I love to bits and one of the few people I'd happily have the bants with when online pokering. What were the chances of that?

You were lucky that Mr 'I'm playing PLO hi' got them, or you'd have had to explain losing the to me Wink

I went about ten minutes after you, as it goes. Good result, considering I'm clueless!

Congrats to Jill on finishing training, and best of luck to her getting everyone their accounts back.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #53042 on: September 17, 2018, 11:37:58 PM »

You won't need me to tell you this, but London Fashion Week is dominating the news at the mo.

Victoria Beckham was exhibiting her "line", so, as always, we got a chance to see the family. It might be a 3 line whip, but the family always seem to turn up to rail her. 

We can only lean so much from a photo, but I get the impression that Victoria & David are top quality parents, & the kids are growing up well-balanced, good-mannered.

Never really thought that would be the case when David was a footballer or Victoria was a singer.

They both did well, & I've no idea why but I'm pleased for them.

Click to see full-size image.

Just wait until they discover how much fun booze, drugs and exchanging bodily fluids with the opposite sex are, then we’ll really find out 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53043 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:55 AM »

Whilst here in the UK we are fretting & worrying about what Brexit, migrants or global warming might mean for us, in Mexico, they have more basic things to worry them.

Anyone care to guess what this trailer contains?

Click to see full-size image.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45555614

It's a whole different world, isn't it?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53044 on: September 18, 2018, 10:22:22 AM »

Hi Everyone,

As there's a lul in postings I thought I would ask for some humourous names for a 4 man poker team:

Sue & I are taking our 2 girls to Blackpool this weekend to play in Redtooths' Vegas team event; the prize pool is £2,500 plus the winning team gets a trip to Vegas next May if one of the team wins the event - and it's max'd out at 50 teams.

Each team has to have a name, so please let us know anything better than ours:

"We don't even fold our laundry" that was after ditching Grimsby Grinders...........

Thanks in advance.........

GL in Blackpool, some of us at our Club were thinking of going to that but didn't get round to it. Just wondered - do you have any gameplan regarding the possibility of rebuying a player in who gets knocked out?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #53045 on: September 19, 2018, 07:03:21 AM »

Thanks Womble,

We've given it a some thought, and we are planing to wait until Day 2 but if there's an early exiit on Day 1, we willl bring them back in, as it's no fun getting drunk in Blackpool on your own.......................

There are 2 teams from our pub, and there's a plan to have a team photo on the "Big One" on Blackpool pleasure beach during lunch on Saturday, followed by an Urban Ramble when Day 1 finishes at 10.00pm. These
lads know how to party so I fear the worst.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53046 on: September 20, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »

New high-speed train to connect Las Vegas and Southern California in two hours https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/las-vegas-california-high-speed-train-rail-2022-brightline-los-angeles-a8544251.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53047 on: September 24, 2018, 04:11:46 PM »

Company arranging my travel to Malta for the MPN aren't too pleased with your favourite airline, Tony.

Trying to book my flight, but it won't let them. Told him on the phone that they are over their quota for assistance available, and is it possible for me to fly another day?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53048 on: September 24, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »

Company arranging my travel to Malta for the MPN aren't too pleased with your favourite airline, Tony.

Trying to book my flight, but it won't let them. Told him on the phone that they are over their quota for assistance available, and is it possible for me to fly another day?

probably seen your name and shit themselves...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53049 on: September 24, 2018, 04:57:40 PM »

probably seen your name and shit themselves...

Cheesy

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #53050 on: September 25, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »

Hiya Tony,

Just catching up and saw the post on the amazing Sir Simon Rattle.

There's a young conductor to keep an eye on for the future by the name of Vasily Petrenko. He's dragged the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic kicking and screaming into the present and totally changed how they work, their popularity etc etc etc. Not only has he changed their fortunes and perspective by expanding learning programs and learning opportunities for children, he's much loved and respected by the orchestra who play their socks off at every performance, he spends ages afterwards signing autographs, having pictures taken talking music etc and doesn't leave until everyone has had their chance to see him.

Since joining the RLPO in 2006 he resisted "other jobs" until the vision he had came to fruition and even now after so long when he stands down as chief conductor in 2020-2021 he will remain as their conductor laureate. He has previously guested with the Royal Philharmonic and in July he was announced as their new musical director for an initial five year term commencing in 2021.  

He is much loved in Liverpool and as well as holding the usual honorary Doctorates etc etc, the Lord Mayor of Liverpool has made him an Honorary Scouser. There are tons of video's of him on Youtube and of course he has a wiki for those of you who maybe interested. He has a brilliant sense of humour.

His last performance as a conductor will no doubt be extremely emotional.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:54:23 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53051 on: September 26, 2018, 10:53:46 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53052 on: September 26, 2018, 10:54:43 AM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53053 on: September 26, 2018, 10:56:34 AM »

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53054 on: September 26, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »

Had you down as a First Class Passenger.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 3535 3536 [3537] 3538 3539 3540 3541 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: