blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3629 3630 3631 3632 [3633] 3634 3635 3636 3637 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297389 times)
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #54480 on: June 27, 2019, 12:49:39 AM »

Firstly I would like to thank all of you who  have shown interest and given some advice. You don’t know me, so for you to take the time and bother to post is much appreciated. I don’t have anybody I can talk Poker to, so it’s invaluable to me. $1500 is a lot of money to anyone, I am lucky enough to be able to afford it at this time, but I didn’t get to this stage by not being frugal. I will sleep on it and make a decision about playing tomorrow.
It was a different Scottish gent than the one put forward though.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54481 on: June 27, 2019, 01:33:37 AM »

2nd break, late reg ends when break ends. Just 75 runners according to the screens, of which about 50 remain on 7 tables.

Blinds now go 400-800 in the PL games (seems to be a repeated level, but they have twice got the levels wrong) and 500-1,000 in Limit.

Got 37,000 which is probably about average.

Table is well crazy, 2 guys, who are drinking shots galore, both with over 100,000 are 3 and 4 betting blind every single hand, so it's pretty much playing for stacks if you enter a pot.

Bring it on, fun times, could just as easily be here all night or be back in my room inside the hour.

Great craic, really enjoying it.

Talking of lunatics, Pete Linton has a gazillion chips already.   There are two others applying a lot of pressure too.  Our 4th seat 1 has just arrived. 

Ha, Pete Linton with a stack is a joy to behold.

Good luck David.

Maybe if you are just watching?  He is cut off to my big blind, and the button is just as bad, plus there is a maniac Swede who arrived with 200k.  I must be at twice average now on 150k, he has 250k+.   So big stack or bust coming shortly...

Well yes, not sure I'd want to share tables with him when he's firing on all cylinders.

150,000? Wowzer. You can do serious damage with a pile like that. Tremendous start to day 2.

Am coming back to Rio shortly but I think I'd best steer clear of coming down to see you, you know how it is.

GL GL GL.

You are very welcome to come down and wish Pete Linton luck.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54482 on: June 27, 2019, 01:49:15 AM »

Not sure I have ever seen this before.  Fells arrives from the other room and kind of hovvers around behind me.   Turns out he was waiting for the big blind went past before sitting down.  He has 100k in chips; pigeon*.   I didn't hear it properly, but think he is on a two round penalty.

* I assume that is the correct usage.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54483 on: June 27, 2019, 04:45:14 AM »

Not sure I have ever seen this before.  Fells arrives from the other room and kind of hovvers around behind me.   Turns out he was waiting for the big blind went past before sitting down.  He has 100k in chips; pigeon*.   I didn't hear it properly, but think he is on a two round penalty.

Some bloke got collared for that at my table earlier. 'I watched you walk past this table twice trying to miss the blinds, so you're on a  warning'.

Good luck Doobs. Presuming your'e still there. PaulJohnson got about 140k and said bubble just burst.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54484 on: June 27, 2019, 05:08:26 AM »

Some bloke got collared for that at my table earlier. 'I watched you walk past this table twice trying to miss the blinds, so you're on a  warning'.

Good luck Doobs. Presuming your'e still there. PaulJohnson got about 140k and said bubble just burst.

Yeah, got about 230.  Paul Jackson and Pleno have joined my table.   Pleno nursed a short stack through the bubble (a bit over 50k?)  Pete Linton just went out in a horror 500k(?) pot when 50/50 for the high and with a nut low draw that never came.   He played very well.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54485 on: June 27, 2019, 05:25:32 AM »

Yeah, got about 230.  Paul Jackson and Pleno have joined my table.   Pleno nursed a short stack through the bubble (a bit over 50k?)  Pete Linton just went out in a horror 500k(?) pot when 50/50 for the high and with a nut low draw that never came.   He played very well.

Lovely. Good luck, chaps!

If I wasn't up at 8am for Colossus I'd have come back up to rail after dinner

Hope to see monster stacks in the updates.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54486 on: June 27, 2019, 05:45:43 AM »

Great work David, just woken up after a 4 hour half hour nap.

Keep it going.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54487 on: June 27, 2019, 07:37:20 AM »

Confused.Com

How can he avoid the blinds in a tournament?

GL BTW.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54488 on: June 27, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »

Not sure I have ever seen this before.  Fells arrives from the other room and kind of hovvers around behind me.   Turns out he was waiting for the big blind went past before sitting down.  He has 100k in chips; pigeon*.   I didn't hear it properly, but think he is on a two round penalty.

Confused.Com

GL BTW.

Here you go Tom, I'm assuming this is the chap Mr Doobs was referring to;

https://twitter.com/ShannonShorr/status/1144045791532634112

This player walked up new to our table in PLO8 tournament and noticed he was BB before walking a lap around room. We caught it and he received one round penalty. Not even a BB ante in this event. #Cheating #CmonMan #BadActing #WSOP

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #54489 on: June 27, 2019, 07:55:57 AM »

Confused.Com

GL BTW.

By being ‘between tables’ and delaying his arrival at the new table until the button has passed him.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54490 on: June 27, 2019, 08:05:46 AM »

Not sure I have ever seen this before.  Fells arrives from the other room and kind of hovvers around behind me.   Turns out he was waiting for the big blind went past before sitting down.  He has 100k in chips; pigeon*.   I didn't hear it properly, but think he is on a two round penalty.

Confused.Com

GL BTW.

Here you go Tom, I'm assuming this is the chap Mr Doobs was referring to;

https://twitter.com/ShannonShorr/status/1144045791532634112

This player walked up new to our table in PLO8 tournament and noticed he was BB before walking a lap around room. We caught it and he received one round penalty. Not even a BB ante in this event. #Cheating #CmonMan #BadActing #WSOP

Click to see full-size image.

Yeah, that's him.   I am on the next table with my back to him.   He wasn't even tharlt short, he had about 20 big blinds.

Am still in on 600k+  I am pretty sure I am a top 10 stack, but not top at the table and may well even be 3rd.  It has been a bit wild. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54491 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »

Bloody Nora.

Am still in on 600k+

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54492 on: June 27, 2019, 08:14:25 AM »

^^^^^

Lest anyone gets confused or led astray - easily done in this case - that's Doobs, not me.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #54493 on: June 27, 2019, 08:20:39 AM »

Am still in on 600k+  I am pretty sure I am a top 10 stack, but not top at the table and may well even be 3rd.  It has been a bit wild. 

Good luck David.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54494 on: June 27, 2019, 08:29:21 AM »

Dooby doo

Good Luck Bud
Pages: 1 ... 3629 3630 3631 3632 [3633] 3634 3635 3636 3637 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: