blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 09:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273399 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6411913 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12480 on: April 01, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »

Watching every race of Cheltenham & Royal Ascot were others, & every hole of The Open, & The Masters, though the last-named was never possible due to Augusta's restricted coverage.

If it was down to me, they'd lose the "major" status at Augusta until they get their heads out of their arses, join the 21st century and unrestrict the coverage :-)

Their point is that maybe the TV viewer isn't the most important person to cater for.

In a world where sports organisers increasingly bend over backwards for TV, I quite like the fact that Augusta tell the TV companies they can't have the front nine, and that is saved for the spectators on the course.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: April 01, 2009, 06:19:51 PM »

Watching every race of Cheltenham & Royal Ascot were others, & every hole of The Open, & The Masters, though the last-named was never possible due to Augusta's restricted coverage.

If it was down to me, they'd lose the "major" status at Augusta until they get their heads out of their arses, join the 21st century and unrestrict the coverage :-)

Their point is that maybe the TV viewer isn't the most important person to cater for.

In a world where sports organisers increasingly bend over backwards for TV, I quite like the fact that Augusta tell the TV companies they can't have the front nine, and that is saved for the spectators on the course.
I think they show the front nine now, but maybe thats just the last 2 days.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: April 01, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »

As a fan of a Conference club who declined to renew my season ticket this season because of the way Satantv devalued it last season with their late shifts of games I have a large degree of sympathy over the power TV companies have and the way they can impact on paying spectators.

But in the case of golf, hours of play are largely dictated by number of players and daylight hours. And I don't think that TV has a horribly intrusive effect on the spectators out on the course, certainly not based on the times I've been to Wentworth or the Open.

Cheers

Ken
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: April 01, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »

I don't really know or care about golf but I do agree with that sentiment.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: April 02, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »

Gush from Lush.

Note, "Celebs" - quite a wide range, that word.....

A worthy cause though.

CELEBS DESCEND ON GIBRALTAR FOR EASTER SUNDAY CHARITY FOOTBALL MATCH

Gibraltar – 2nd April 2009 -- A set of celebs will be donning their shirts and shin-pads as they take on an athletic Armed Forces home side in the big ‘Match in Gibraltar,’ sponsored by PartyGaming. The grand finale to Gibraltar ’s inaugural International Boat Show, this Easter Sunday showdown aims to raise plenty of smiles as well as plenty of cash for nominated charity – Help for Heroes.

With the 5,000-seater Victoria Stadium as a venue, a convenient hop-skip-and-a-jump from the Boat Show Marinas, the likes of Royle Family and Two Pints favourite Ralf Little, TV personality Jeff Brazier, Hollyoaks’ Jamie Lomas, Big Brother’s Ziggy and clubland Alex P are sure to provide a crowd-pleasing opposition to Petty Officer Physical Training Instructor Dave Wilson’s Forces side.

Martin Weigold, Group Finance Director of match sponsors PartyGaming, comments, “After four days of all eyes on the waterfront, it’ll be great to get our feet on dry ground and provide a real spectacle for exhibitors, organizers, the residents of Gibraltar and visitors from Spain and beyond.  The Match will serve to celebrate what we’re sure will have been an enormously successful first Boat Show for the Rock.  It’s so admirable to see stars from the world of TV, music and sport give up their precious Easter break to raise money for Help for Heroes and we intend to pack out the Stadium to raise as much as possible for this deserving cause.”

Joining Ralf, Jeff, Jamie, Ziggy and Alex P on the pitch will be Dream Team and Sky One’s The Match’s Alex Lawler, Olympic sprinter Derek Redmond, music artist M C Harvey, Corrie’s Danny Young and Eastenders’ ‘Paul Truman’ – Gary Beadle.  Whilst a handful of other much-loved stars will be revealed closer to the date as they juggle their diaries to make the Match.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12485 on: April 02, 2009, 09:28:44 PM »

UEFA should take note.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: April 02, 2009, 09:29:33 PM »

UEFA should take note.

Fat chance. It's all about the moneyz......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12487 on: April 02, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »

UEFA should take note.

Fat chance. It's all about the moneyz......

Yes, and sod the fans - unfortunately.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »

I would like to agree with that sentiment too. But this really badly gets in the way for me....

What's widely considered the toughest ticket in sports is actually a badge, a 3½-by-2½-inch piece of laminated plastic that grants holders access to all four rounds of the tournament. The face value is $176, but this year a badge will fetch up to $4,000 apiece online or from brokers

And there's like a 200-year waiting list to join the club. So who's really getting to see dem holes? Not the average guy that's for sure. The average guy's sat outside the course begging for tickets in the street. Begging in the street! How humiliating is that??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: April 02, 2009, 11:19:15 PM »

UEFA should take note.

So your in favour of them only showing the 2nd half of Liverpool's remaining Champions league games.
kenjude

View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: April 02, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »

So your in favour of them only showing the 2nd half of Liverpool's remaining Champions league games.

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when 2nd half commentary was all we got on the radio. And they couldn't announce which game it was until 3pm!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:27:27 PM by kenjude » Logged

Cheers

Ken
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when 2nd half commentary was all we got on the radio.

They still do that on the World Service on Saturday afternoons, i think
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:55 PM »

I would like to agree with that sentiment too. But this really badly gets in the way for me....

What's widely considered the toughest ticket in sports is actually a badge, a 3½-by-2½-inch piece of laminated plastic that grants holders access to all four rounds of the tournament. The face value is $176, but this year a badge will fetch up to $4,000 apiece online or from brokers

And there's like a 200-year waiting list to join the club. So who's really getting to see dem holes? Not the average guy that's for sure. The average guy's sat outside the course begging for tickets in the street. Begging in the street! How humiliating is that??

It's a sad state of affairs when Mike Gatting has to resort to begging............
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: April 02, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when 2nd half commentary was all we got on the radio. And they couldn't announce which game it was until 3pm!

Happy memories! That was way before the dreadful Radio 5 Live was even thought of.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: April 02, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »

It's a sad state of affairs when Mike Gatting has to resort to begging............

Good spot.

Never did warm to Gatting after his outrgeous behaviour in India.

Pages: 1 ... 829 830 831 832 [833] 834 835 836 837 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: