blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Re: sat hand, who calls here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: sat hand, who calls here?  (Read 1051 times)
The_Diamond

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2007, 02:57:42 PM »

Comparing what you would do in an MTT to what what you would do in this spot is ridiculous. Your goals are completely different. This is not the first level. You're deep in the tournament and you have twice the average.

Calling here in a satellite is probably insane.

Calling here in a multi is probably "meh"

You cannot compare.

johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »

Comparing what you would do in an MTT to what what you would do in this spot is ridiculous. Your goals are completely different. This is not the first level. You're deep in the tournament and you have twice the average.

You cannot compare.

I disagree totally.

with 27 players left and the first 11 getting a seat You should still be in "playing to win mode". In the same way that you would be in an MTT with 27 left and the bubble starting at 11th.

when we get down to say 15 or less players then it is different from a normal MTT as you are no longer playing to win but you are now playing for 11th.

But with 27 players left and only 11 seats it's a bit silly to be tightening up just yet

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:20:28 PM »

You cannot compare.

I disagree totally.

with 27 players left and the first 11 getting a seat You should still be in "playing to win mode". In the same way that you would be in an MTT with 27 left and the bubble starting at 11th.

when we get down to say 15 or less players then it is different from a normal MTT as you are no longer playing to win but you are now playing for 11th.

But with 27 players left and only 11 seats it's a bit silly to be tightening up just yet

I agree with that. you still have to keep playing plenty of hands as the last 11 average will be 15k. the blinds will keep going up forcing more shortstacks to push and if you're carddead at that moment having an above average chipstack now means nothing as you will lose your chips very quickly.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 08:00:24 PM »

You cannot compare.

I disagree totally.

40% of the remaining field get the same prize how can you possibly compare this to a normal mtt??  To say you should only employ satelitte strategy when you are very close to the bubble is fundamentally wrong.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 08:09:24 PM »

You cannot compare.

I disagree totally.

40% of the remaining field get the same prize how can you possibly compare this to a normal mtt??  To say you should only employ satelitte strategy when you are very close to the bubble is fundamentally wrong.

fair point..you have to play them differently but you still have to play....

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »

You don't need an average stack to qualify. One chip is enough.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »

i call here with 27 left, if not then i dont raise AK in mid position in the 1st place, id rather raise 72os as we are folding both to re-raises and 72 is less of a headache.

because of everyone thinking it is an auto-fold, gives people like the villian opportunities to do this kind of play and only get called from KK AA and maybe QQ. When the raisers range is a hell of a lot wider, therefore by default so is the villians pushing range. I call to try lock up a seat, we are not playing with monkeys here, it is a $100 satt to a $1000 comp, its no walk in the park if the AK is folded.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: