blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  cash game hand
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: cash game hand  (Read 2093 times)
matt674

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »

Please someone explain this call to me - i don't normally play cash and now i know why..........

PokerStars Game #11471556584:  Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2007/08/13 - 18:33:39 (ET)
Table 'Tethys V' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Willi123 ($432.10 in chips)
Seat 2: matt674 ($753.70 in chips)
Seat 3: futilewar ($385.50 in chips)
Seat 4: machinehead6 ($331.40 in chips)
Seat 5: capaneo ($1105.60 in chips)
Seat 6: illu1212 ($80 in chips)
Seat 7: mrdeanie ($624.90 in chips)
capaneo: posts small blind $2
illu1212: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to matt674 [ ]
UWantToBeMe! leaves the table
mrdeanie: calls $4
Willi123: calls $4
matt674: raises $20 to $24
newtraderpq2 joins the table at seat #9
futilewar: folds
machinehead6: folds
capaneo: raises $51 to $75
illu1212: folds
mrdeanie: folds
Willi123: folds
matt674: calls $51
*** FLOP *** [ Two Clubs ]
capaneo: bets $125
matt674: raises $553.70 to $678.70 and is all-in
capaneo: calls $553.70
*** TURN *** [ Two Clubs ] []
chepaschuqui joins the table at seat #8
*** RIVER *** [ Two Clubs ] []
*** SHOW DOWN ***
capaneo: shows [ As] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)
matt674: shows [ ] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
capaneo collected $1516.40 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1519.40 | Rake $3
Board [ Two Clubs ]
Seat 1: Willi123 folded before Flop
Seat 2: matt674 showed [ ] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sixes
Seat 3: futilewar folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: machinehead6 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: capaneo (small blind) showed [  ] and won ($1516.40) with two pair, Aces and Sixes
Seat 6: illu1212 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: mrdeanie folded before Flop

sponsored by Fyffes
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »

well...

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:44:18 PM »

absolutely sick play.

BigArmo

Come on City!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 11:47:01 PM »

I don't get it ?

Very Very SICK 
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

best bet is i'd only been sat there for about 15 minutes - started with $400 but soon built it up to $750 because of some really bad players.

I'd actually ticked the box that says "sit out next blind" because i'd decided that was enough profit for the evening when this hand happened Cry

sponsored by Fyffes
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:10:33 AM »

thats as bad a beat as iv seen, so wrong.
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »

Obviously his call is about as bad as you'll ever see, however you shouldn't be trying to build a near-400BB pot with just a pair of Queens!

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »

So how would have been the best way to play the hand? I usually steer well clear of cash games as i'm a tournament monkey but my thought process during the hand was.

There have been two limpers so with my $4 that puts $18 in the pot - i dont particularly want to play QQ in a family pot so i raise the pot to force the limpers to pass.

Now i get reraised by the only player at the table with a bigger stack than me - he has been showing agression in the other hands while i've been at the table but usually he has been overbetting the pot preflop and everyone has passed so he hasnt shown that many hands down.

I decide that flat calling is probably the best option and then i can reassess when the flop comes down.

Once the flop comes 6-2-6 he comes out firing again, which i expected him to but i figure i have the best hand - so how is the best way to play it from here?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:18:24 PM by matt674 » Logged

sponsored by Fyffes
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 04:31:03 PM »

So how would have been the best way to play the hand? I usually steer well clear of cash games as i'm a tournament monkey but my thought process during the hand was.

There have been two limpers so with my $4 that puts $18 in the pot - i dont particularly want to play QQ in a family pot so i raise the pot to force the limpers to pass.

Now i get reraised by the only player at the table with a bigger stack than me - he has been showing agression in the other hands while i've been at the table but usually he has been overbetting the pot preflop and everyone has passed so he hasnt shown that many hands down.

I decide that flat calling is probably the best option and then i can reassess when the flop comes down.

Once the flop comes 6-2-6 he comes out firing again, which i expected him to but i figure i have the best hand - so how is the best way to play it from here?

against him, exactly how you played it. I like to re-raise on the flop with your hand, but lots of others like the cally way of doing things.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »

against him, exactly how you played it. I like to re-raise on the flop with your hand, but lots of others like the cally way of doing things.

I agree, you played it exactly right and it's a sick sick loss

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »

is it safe to mention the 50p yet?

Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 04:17:35 AM »

OK, well I take it back if you know your opponent well enough to be confident that you're ahead here.

However, I'd still play the flop differently: 99% of the time, even the most loose cannons are going to fold to the all-in on the flop. I prefer just to stall/call because they will fire again on the turn- and you can then repeat the stall/call or jam.

I love having aggressive manicas at the table. They are dead money- especially at full ring games where you can afford to be patient against them. Be prepared to lose several very small pots, and then double up when you flop your monster.

Generally though, you want to play passively against them until at least the turn. Just let them keep on firing.

Anyway- very, very unlucky. The game can be cruel at times!! I suffered an amazing run of bad beats myself last night- including losing to 6%, 4% and 0.66% dogs! (See my blog link below if you're interested!! Smiley )

UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 04:41:44 AM »

keep earning those slansky dollers!!! 50p in the tin.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »

However, I'd still play the flop differently: 99% of the time, even the most loose cannons are going to fold to the all-in on the flop. I prefer just to stall/call because they will fire again on the turn- and you can then repeat the stall/call or jam.

But what if an A, K or club comes on the turn if you flat call? I did think about the flat call but decided with too many scare cards in the deck and with him being first to speak and likely to fire again regardless of what comes on the turn that i may be better pushing and giving him the option of folding and taking the $212 profit with no risk of losing.

sponsored by Fyffes
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:50 PM »

But what if an A, K or club comes on the turn if you flat call? I did think about the flat call but decided with too many scare cards in the deck and with him being first to speak and likely to fire again regardless of what comes on the turn that i may be better pushing and giving him the option of folding and taking the $212 profit with no risk of losing.

Assuming we have this aggressive maniac on precisely the type of hand that he had, I'm more than happy to let him try and hit a 3-outer in order to pretty-much guarantee that he will fire another large bet on the turn.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: