blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Tournament Hand of the Week: September 24th
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Hand of the Week: September 24th  (Read 10243 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »

Mantis, being serious for just one second, does it not make you think just a little bit when excellent players (not talking about myself here) disagree with a lot of what you say?

I personally don't have a problem with you saying things that either I think are wrong or know to be wrong. it's just the way you write so authoritively that puts me slightly on tilt.

If you said things like I THINK it's 10/1 to catch a set or PERHAPS 33 plays better against a 3 bettors range that AK I think you would find that people would start trying to help you out instead of ranting at you.

Whatever tho, you do provide entertaining threads Smiley

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2007, 01:12:52 PM »

Byron, I don't have a problem with anyone's disagreement with my views. I think poker wouldn't be the game that we all love if everyone thought along the same lines. I read and digest ALL opinion nomatter what the quality of the source and choose what I want to incorporate into my thinking.

Someone who started playing yesterday may say something that I like and then again D Brunson may say something that I don't. I am happy enough to play the game my way. This may be an individual and unique way but I like the fact that poker lets you be individual and unique.

So for example I dont agree with the comment "know to be wrong"...because who has written the rulebook of what is right and wrong? In poker there are a lot of players who say you are "wrong" because you don't think like they do. I maintain that to approach poker from an individual perspective can only be "right".

I put my views out there and some people will agree and some people wont. My aim is not to get everyone to conform to MY way....it's just my way. When you post your thoughts you leave yourself open to criticism and I expect this. But it takes more courage to do this than to just slag someone else's thoughts off like Dubai did. Yes, I have the courage of my convictions and I am sorry if you think that this is a bad thing. Having confidence playing poker is a worthwhile attribute I think and my writing style is very different to how I speak. But my views do change based on what I see and read (including Blonde Poker) because I know we are ALL learning.

For me poker is about winning money, enjoying yourself, being both competitive and social at the same time and expressing who you are...not pleasing and conforming to the views of other people who may judge you to be "right" or "wrong". I don't care about that.

I never tell another player they are wrong. It's like Muslims telling Jews they're wrong. But there remains a lot of players who seemingly wont rest until you agree with them. The problem is they don't post their views so you never actually get the chance to try.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2007, 01:46:42 PM »

Ok so I was wrong about the king on the river Grin

Personally I'm not convinced I'm ahead on this board but as everyone else seems to be then it's an instant call, as you state you don't really want to go out of this size tournament so early and it maybe that which is dictating your opponents play, knowing that this is likely to be the mind-set of most players early on they maybe be prepared to risk it all hoping to buy a chip-lead (not a strategy I'd adhere to personally but have seen this before where people have had to show complete bluffs early on in competitions).

I wouldn't be surprised to find you were pretty much drawing dead to the case king after the flop but having called the flop bet and played to the river you are pretty much obligated to call - if you are thinking of folding now you surely should have done this on the flop.

Interesting hand though and it's certainly provided a lot of debate - poker eh!!

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2007, 03:49:08 PM »

A really good post Flea.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2007, 09:37:48 PM »

Posted by: ifm                            Posted on: Today at 10:03:16 am
I'm surprised that folks on here seem to not only applaud Mantis's nasty and childish comments to Dubai but actually encourage them.
As was alluded to the board is for all to voice their opinions theoretically without being the subject of ridicule, actually i think it's in the board rules.
It has always been a bit of a "thing" for me when people are criticised for poor spelling or grammar, i find it incredibly rude.
I am a little confused by your opinion ifm.

The fact that a member enters a debate and labels the content therein..."incoherent spew" is "nasty", "childish" and is an attempt to "ridicule" genuine comment. These are the things that you suggest are a bit of a "thing" for you. So please don't be surprised to find that they are a bit of a "thing" for me too. It would be a little hypocritical if you were. The fact that some people applaud my comment is because they feel the same way as me....and the same way as you??

You blurred that a little, my "thing" as i openly said regards folks taking the piss out of members because of spelling or grammar.
You took the high road there and i said you were rude, i actually think much worse of people who do this but i'm behaving of late so rude will have to suffice.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »

Lol @ this thread, a lot of ego's bouncing about in here. I like river check, are we never folding this hand and wanting to induce a bluff? Im a little bothered about AQ, but not enough. Most players are milking those type of holdings early doors and dont want to lose you.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 12:45:36 AM »

The reveal and conclusion to this hand can be found here:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/12476
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: