blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:22:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: FINAL TABLE  (Read 18648 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 05:24:23 PM »

Ok, what I've garned from the deal is that £10k has been taken from 1st, and £5k from 2nd and 3rd each and redistributed to the lower places, so that 9th gets £9k, 8th gets £11k, 7th gets £13k and 6th gets £15k, same as 5th I think.

Very wise, too. I think this is the best UK Comp of the year, & I'm sad I could not, for the first time ever, play it. (Due to work).

But this bit of "business" - which occurs annually in this Comp, & indeed most other big comps, surely tells us, & the organisers, (Grosvenor & Blue Square, both of whom do so much for Tourney Poker in the UK) that it's time to "flatten" the Prize Structures. At a guess, 80% of ALL comps in which I play end up in a chop or deal, which is all fine & dandy. But if the Prize Pool was better-structured to start with, this would not be necessary.

Great update, by the way Flops, well done. And get well soon to Dana, who is suffering from the strain strain of 'flu as her hero, Sir Cliff Richard.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »

Raised pot between Marcus Bebb-Jones and Amrat Patel.

Flop:

Marcus bets the pot - 96k. As Amrat thinks, Jeff starts to sing, "It's now or never..."

Amrat passes the . Marcus shows the

Next hand is a 5-way pot between all players except Paul Rogers. They see a board, which Marcus takes down with a 40k bet showing the .

Ash raises to 38k from the button. Jeff says, "Ok, let's go." And moves all-in for around 75.5k more.

Ash calls with . Jeff shows .

Board:

three clubs Two Clubs .

"Ooooooooooooh Baby!" says Jeff and does a little jig. Ash rolls his eyes in disbelief. Jeff back over 250k. Ash is now the short stack.

elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

And just to explain to the Tourney organisors throughout the world of poker. 'Flatten' the structure doesnt mean pay more players.
What we need is the removal of 2nd place being double 3rd place, and 1st place being double 2nd. These should be 50% increases. Take the money off 1st and 2nd and add money to 4th to 9th places.
This would help remove the deal making from poker.
... as for paying everyone who plays, well the fact that at least 5 players couldnt even be bothered collecting says it all.

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »

And just to explain to the Tourney organisors throughout the world of poker. 'Flatten' the structure doesnt mean pay more players.
What we need is the removal of 2nd place being double 3rd place, and 1st place being double 2nd. These should be 50% increases. Take the money off 1st and 2nd and add money to 4th to 9th places.
... as for paying everyone who plays, well the fact that at least 5 players couldnt even be bothered collecting says it all.

My thoughts exactly. And I believe most  - though not all, of course - players think the same. The frequency of "deals" or "chops" proves this.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »

sounds like a blonde poll ?

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »

Paul Rogers raises to 46k UTG. Jeff says, "Have you got a big hand?" before calling the 30k extra.

Flop:

Jeff checks, Paul bets 40k. Jeff moves all-in, which Jon Raab announces as, "Jeff puts all his cookies into the middle!" Jon has obviously been hanging out with Lee Jones too much.

Paul, with a slight pained expression starts to think.

Jeff, "What do you think of your Ace King now?"

Paul, "I wish it was T-9..."

Paul passes. Jeff shows three diamonds and is back over 300k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 05:41:22 PM »

All kicking off now.

Marcus Bebb-Jones and Paul Rogers get involved in a pot. Marcus calling Paul's bet on a three diamonds flop.

On the turn. Paul bets again, Marcus raises him another 100k and Paul moves in. Marcus quickly calls.

"Flush?" asks Paul. Marcus silently nods and turns over .

Paul asks the dealer to pair the board as he flips his three clubs .

River:

Paul doubles through.

"Nines are good today," says Jeff ruefully.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »

Marcus makes it 56k preflop from utg. Paul Rogers, invigorated by that double up, announces "Raise" from the big blind and Marcus mucks his card quicker than Paul can put out his raise.

Paul limps from the cut-off. Marcus limps the button, Amrat (who has been card dead and not played many hands) makes up the small blind and Ash checks the big blind.

Flop:

Checked around.

Turn:

Checked to Paul Rogers who bets 20k. Marcus passes, Amrat check/raises to 50k. Ash passes and Paul calls after a think.

River:

Amrat moves all-in for his last 100k or so, Paul instantly calls and flips over . Amrat can only show and shrug his shoulders.

Amrat Patel is OUT in 6th place winning £10,000

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

Another £5k has been taken off 1st, so 5th now gets £20,000.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 06:14:15 PM »

sounds like a blonde poll ?

Done. Vote NOW!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=28545.0

tonysaint

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 06:16:59 PM »

My thoughts exactly. And I believe most  - though not all, of course - players think the same. The frequency of "deals" or "chops" proves this.

Someone could always add a link to the forum chat about this earlier this year.... I would if I knew how....
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »

Blinds are now 10k/20k

Paul limps in again. Marcus limps behind on the button. Ash mucks fromt he small blind, disgusted. Richard Simmonds checks.

Flop:

Richard checks, Paul bets 30k, Marcus calls, Richard passes.

Turn:

60k is fired out by Paul, Marcus calls again.

River:

Now Paul bets 100k, Marcus moves all-in for 155k more. Paul goes into the tank. Eventually Marcus calls the clock, but with about 30 seconds remaining, Paul calls. Marcus announces, "second nuts." showing . Paul mucks and Marcus rakes in a HUGE pot, which makes him the big chip leader now.

Paul Jackson says, "Tell Jeff Kimber, the bulldozer is doing it for Captain America." Whatever that means, sounds like a spy code.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 06:22:51 PM »

Marcus Bebb-Jones raises to 60k. Jeff Burke re-raises the pot, committing himself. Marcus moves in and Jeff calls.

Jeff:

Marcus:

Board:

So Jeff Burke and his Sid James laugh are OUT in 5th place winning (officially) £15,000

Marcus now has over 50% of the chips in play.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 06:33:17 PM »

The remaining 4 players have done another deal.

Marcus is taking £50k, Richard Simmonds gets £40k, Paul Rogers and Ash Ahmed both get £35k and the remaining £5k goes to the winner.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 06:41:48 PM »

Ash Ahmed raises to 60k from the small blind, Richard Simmonds calls in the big.

Flop:

Ash moves all-in and Richard beats him into the pot with , ahead of Ash's

Turn:

River:

Ashfag Ahmed is OUT in 4th place winning (officially) £20,000

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: