blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: FINAL TABLE  (Read 18637 times)
hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 06:44:17 PM »

just wana congratulate ash and marcus. was only talking to marcus about 6weeks ago and he was saying he just cant get going in the bigger comps. i know he has a terrifc game and i said it will come good for him and it certainly has. also would like to comment on tikays word about ashfag travelling because he has some real game. well done again to ashfag and marcus
RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »

Tikay describes Ashfag Ahmed as a `cool guy', I am afraid I may have to beg to differ.
I thing I better clear something up from yesteday.
Ashfag knocked me out when we were down to about 28 players and the pot would have been more or less for the chip lead.
I had no problems with Ashfag prior to this incident.
In a raised pot I held ak and bet the akq flop. Ashfag raised the pot and I pushed all in.
It was now only about 17k for Ashfag to call into about a 180k pot. At this point he has to call the tiny extra with just about any 2 cards.
Ashfag started to dwell, stood up and started muttering about getting involved in another big pot.
He then reluctantly chucked the extra chips in.
At this point I am 99.9% certain I am winning.
I turn over my ak immediately.
Ashfag then dwells again and says either `yes, you've got it' or `yes, I knew it'.
Now I am 100% I have the best hand.
He eventually turns his cards over, TWO QUEENS for a flopped SET!!!!
Ash Hussien who was on the table said `Wwwwaaaatttt' and Gary Chatterton said `that is f*&%$ disgrace'
and called for an ace or king.
I have been slowrolled by a few scumbag yanks in the states but this one took the biscuit.
I see he has just chopped up the comp for £35k.
Made up for him, another win for the nice guys.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »

Marcus button-raises to 70k, but Richard makes it 160k more. Paul and Marcus pass.

Next hand, Paul limp calls Marcus' raise from the small blind, but passes to a 70k bet on the Two Diamonds board.

A couple of hands later, Richard raises to 70k from the button. Paul re-raises all-in. Marcus passes A-T in the big blind, but Richard calls with . Paul shows .

Board:

Paul doubles through.

Rough counts:

Richard -- 500k
Paul -- 500k
Marcus -- 1.2 million.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 06:58:45 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »

Tikay describes Ashfag Ahmed as a `cool guy', I am afraid I may have to beg to differ.
Ashfag knocked me out when we were down to about 28 players and the pot would have been more or less for the chip lead.
In a raised pot I held ak and bet the akq flop. Ashfag raised the pot and I pushed all in.
It was now only about 17k for Ashfag to call into about a 180k pot. At this point he has to call the tiny extra with just about any 2 cards.
Ashfag started to dwell, stood up and started muttering about getting involved in another big pot.
Ashfag then dwells again and says either `yes, you've got it' or `yes, I knew it'.
Ash Hussien who was on the table said `Wwwwaaaatttt' and Gary Chatterton said `that is f*&%$ disgrace'
I have been slowrolled by a few scumbag yanks in the states but this one took the biscuit.

Slowrollers should lose the pot they are in.

Or taken into the car park and shot in the knees.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2007, 06:56:33 PM »

I can only say that in my table tussles with Ash, he's always behaved in an exemplary fashion.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
oyoysavaloy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »

I can only say that in my table tussles with Ash, he's always behaved in an exemplary fashion.
I agree with you tikay, I can only imagine that Ashgaf lost the plot for a split second which we all do
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 07:00:21 PM »

Richard raises to 60k from the small blind. Paul makes it 180k. Richard says, "I'll put you all-in." Paul says, "Ok."

Paul:

Richard:

Board:

Paul doubles through Richard again, he's up to 700k whilst Richard has about 250k left.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »

*********Dinner Break 30 minutes*****************

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2007, 07:05:22 PM »

I agree with you tikay, I can only imagine that Ashgaf lost the plot for a split second which we all do

I am sure that's the case Iwan, I've spent many happy hours sharing a table with him, & never once has he got out of line, although I can imagine he's not a man it's wise to cross. Playing poker aparrt, I don't know the guy, so I'm not flying a flag for him, but I've played with him a great deal Live at Walsall, & Online, & he's always seemed like a proper man to me.

Maybe something had gone off yesterday & tilted him. There but for the grace of God, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
oyoysavaloy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »

I am sure that's the case Iwan, I've spent many happy hours sharing a table with him, & never once has he got out of line, although I can imagine he's not a man it's wise to cross. Playing poker aparrt, I don't know the guy, so I'm not flying a flag for him, but I've played with him a great deal Live at Walsall, & Online, & he's always seemed like a proper man to me.

Maybe something had gone off yesterday & tilted him. There but for the grace of God, eh?
not sure if you watched the wsop last night, when Scotty went up against Phillip Hilm flop came 55T the scotty turned a house of 9's - Hilm put him all in with nothing and Scotty had to take the time to call because it was his tournament life - maybe same kind of thoughts went through Ashgaf's head after a preflop raise he could be behind to bigger set
andy13

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 07:34:27 PM »

not sure if you watched the wsop last night, when Scotty went up against Phillip Hilm flop came 55T the scotty turned a house of 9's - Hilm put him all in with nothing and Scotty had to take the time to call because it was his tournament life - maybe same kind of thoughts went through Ashgaf's head after a preflop raise he could be behind to bigger set
ash flopped the nuts against me which would have also been for the chip lead, his tournie was on the line and he checked an rechecked his cards thinking for a while then he called. Good luck to him, wish i was a little slower when it comes to your tournie life. I like the guy, good luck to him, he's a great player and i think he should play more, perhaps calling my raise with 74 off was a bit cheeky but good luck to him now and in the future.  Andy Bradshaw.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »

Don't know the guy , but at that stage, bottom trips, against possible higher trips and str8

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:02 PM »

And after a nice little dinner with Red Dog (still in the £300), play is about to recommence with the blinds 12k/24k.

Marcus -- 1 million.
Paul -- 800k
Richard -- 350k

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 07:37:03 PM »

for 17k into 180k. come on people..

HI HELEN!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile