blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:06:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 28484 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2007, 04:05:31 PM »

Still here in the mix with the fast paced action.  There have just been two double ups, one for Anders Pettersson 10's against KQ suited of Tronde Eidsvig.  He is now on around 135,000.

Noah Boeken just took a big hit and is down to about 35,000, he made an all in call from Daan Ruiter who had 99 and Noah's 77 was in dire straits.  The nines held for Ruiter.

Ludavic takes another scalp this time in the form of Michiel Brummelhuis who had around 180,000 pre hand.  Ludovic Lacay raised with  and got reraised by Brummelhuis and his  .   The best hand stook again and

Michiel Brummelhuis is OUT in 18th place.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

Incredibly, Johnny Lodden falls short yet again, but as always, he exits like a gentleman with an understanding smile and a sincere handshake.

His assassin this time around was a fellow countryman (or, in this case, countrywoman) as Annette Obrestad finds Pocket Queens just at the right time.

A disappointed look on Lodden's face is emphasised by his revealing of an inferior pair of Tens, a hand that fails to improve on a clinical, no-mess Q-3-2-4-5 rainbow board.

Down to 16 and therefore our final two tables.
Benno

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2007, 04:15:07 PM »

Come on cash wizard!!!! The Green Machine!!!

Wait for the Aces baby 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »

As alluded to in the previous post, the players have indeed been whittled down to two tables, resulting in a redraw.

Chili has the details...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »

Two things.

1). I'd like to add my endorsement to all those who were complimentary about this Live Update, & blonde Live Updates generally. We are extremely fortunate to have some wonderful Updaters, & I've particularly enjoyed this Update. snoops has been on top form, & Chili is a remarkable addition - a Bubble who can write.......Wink

2) At the risk of being accused of over-egging it, blonde Live Updates are free-to-air, & seriously expensive to run, what with wages, flights, hotels, etc, all of which are dwarfed by Chili's drinks bill. The money to pay for these comes largely from rake grenerated by the blonde CardRoom, & our Sponsors. If you guys reading this can play on the blonde Cardroom now & then, it would really help us make ends meet, & invest in better Updating Technology, not to mention pay our crews properly.

There you go, some moral blackmail for ya. Wink

I'll be in Dublin over the weekend, & drinks for the Updaters are on me, though I will have to limit Chili to €50. That's about two rounds by her standards.....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:18:51 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EARMUFFS
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »

Hi guys,first time user of the forum and very impressed. Can you keep an eye on the dentist ziad kaady? Wandered over to the RDS last night and met his cousin who is over with him from Oregon. He played solid poker for the 4 hours i was there and considering he is an internet qualifier played well at a table with annette and noah. Great updates guys!
Rolandinho05

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »

its so tilting to be out of this tournament, really wanted to go deep..

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2007, 04:29:29 PM »

Ok here are the final 16.

Table 1

1 Ken Hicks Jr       92,000
2 Daan Ruiter        245,000
3 Tronde   Eidsvig     172,000
4 Casper   Hansen    210,000
5 Ludovic   Lacay     460,000
6 Ziad Kaady     140,000
7 Reuben   Peters   150,000
8 Michael   Durrer   80,000

Table 2

1 Annette Obrestad   510,000
2 Thierry   Van Den Berg   175,000
3 Martin Green   130,00
4 Reijo Manninen   102,000
5 Andy Black   650,000
6 Ash Hussain  0
7 Noah Boeken  75,000
8 Anders Pettersson   100,000

Im afraid Ash Hussain has just gone out and Snoopy is just writing up his exit in 16th just now.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:33:04 PM by Chili » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2007, 04:31:34 PM »

I'll be in Dublin over the weekend, & drinks for the Updaters are on me, though I will have to limit Chili to €50. That's about two rounds by her standards.....
  Perfectly respectable standards... 'bad beat' to limit her!     Wish we could make our way up to Dublin to look after you lot tomorrow, but doubt it'll happen this time around. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2007, 04:35:53 PM »

Ever heard the phrase 'don't shoot the messenger'? Well , hopefully that rings true on the blonde poker forum because, as an avid follower of the British contingent, I am saddened to report that we are down to just one after our plucky shortstack hero, Ash Hussain, finally felt the wrath of the big stacks.

In his defense, Ash did have the best of it, all-in with versus Annette's on a two hearts board, but unfortunately for the cheery Northerner, he didn't quite have enough spondoolies to make his Norwegian foe fold on the Flop. A cruel Turn followed by a non-Five River, and it was all she wrote for Ash whose exciting run draws to a disappointing close.

"I could have gone all-in pre-flop," said Ash in the aftermath, "but I planned to go all-in on the flop instead if it didn't come an Ace."

Meanwhile, Annette is all smiles as she eyes up an EPT title to add to her recent bracelet winning performance.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 04:38:14 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2007, 04:40:11 PM »

Hi guys,first time user of the forum and very impressed. Can you keep an eye on the dentist ziad kaady? Wandered over to the RDS last night and met his cousin who is over with him from Oregon. He played solid poker for the 4 hours i was there and considering he is an internet qualifier played well at a table with annette and noah. Great updates guys!

Not a problem, my good man. In my fish-tainted eyes, he seems like a very capable player indeed. You mention the word 'dentist' - is that just a nickname or is he actually tooth driller? Are you able to share any more details about him that might be of interest?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

Just prior to the Ash Hussain exit was a Dutch double up (double Dutch, perhaps? - no, that doesn't make sense) which attracted the usual rampage of eager beaver bloggers. With fellow countryman Noah Boeken peering over his shoulder with the beady anticipating eyes of a starving dog eying up a juicy bone, Daan Ruiter sees his Pocket Jacks hold up against Ludovic Lacay's Pocket Tens for a most welcome double up. A pat on the back from Noah after a harmless 8-Q-9-Q-4 board and the Dutch band marches on.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2007, 04:52:26 PM »

Someone was asking about American Ziad Kaady.  Who is doing very well and more than holding his own:

Table Annette

Table Fashion

gourlay

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »

Well played ASH
EARMUFFS
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »

Not a problem, my good man. In my fish-tainted eyes, he seems like a very capable player indeed. You mention the word 'dentist' - is that just a nickname or is he actually tooth driller? Are you able to share any more details about him that might be of interest?

His cousin gave me a short history. Won his ticket for the event in a 700 runner event online and roped in his cousin for a trip to Dublin. I believe he actually has a dental practice somewhere in Oregon. Apart from that they were expecting to head home on Sunday but that schedule might change with his current run.

Apart from that no other info!

Have to say being over there last night in the RDS i got the feeling they should have re-evaulated spending yesterday and today out there. I think it could have been moved into the Jackpot considering the Merrion are involved as the atmosphere was muted at best. The Industries Hall is way too big for an 8 table event. The €500 omaha side evetn only had around 12 tables in total last night as far as i could see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: