blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272873 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Final Table - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Final Table - Interactive  (Read 27066 times)
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 08:28:24 PM »

hahahahha, thata girl! <3

I think we have a love sick puppy!!!

Annette's one of my best friends, I think I'm allowed to root for her Smiley

Are you mkind?
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »

Annette Obrestad is OUT and becomes the 2nd place finisher winning €297,800

With his hands shaking amid the adrenalin pumping heads up encounter, Reuben Peters raises it up to 52k pre-flop only to be re-raised to 190k by Annette. Perplexed by what action to take next, Reuben opts for a smooth call and the two remaining players see a three diamonds Flop.

With the undeniable confidence that she has displayed throughout the entire week, Annette comes out firing with a bet of 230k and adopts her now unmissable rigid posture, hands firmly resting on the felt, menacing stare lying behind her black shades and stoic, unmovable expression plastered across her petite face. In stark contrast, Reuben's face contorts under the spot-light, his bamboozled, heart-on-sleeve expression reflecting what is a crucial decision at a vital time in the tournament.

His hands still vibrating under the pressure of the moment, Reuben whisks out three columns of 200k (600k in total) from his stack before brushing aside any standard raise in favour of a quick and easy all-in, a push that evidently pains Annette as she breaks her poker face and exhales deeply in pensive contemplation.

Sitting back in her chair before reaching out to sip on her bottle of water, Annette watches her opponent intently as Reuben remains calm and collected under the deftly stare. Although Reuben's foot goes up and down like a piston, the rest of his body remains relatively cool under the pressure except for the odd facial twitch and the faint blowing out of cheeks.

Meekly and under her breath, Annette declares a call. There is confusion as to whether she is asking for a count or calling the all-in, but the dealer confirms the latter as the crowd pile in to swarm the table.

On their backs and it is Reuben who is first to show, his comfortably ahead of Annette's inferior Pocket Sevens, .

A Turn and River and it is all over. There is a moment of indecision as they count out their respective stacks, but in the end, Reuben has his target covered after a timely double up and a number of important stack-increasing pots.

Annette appears devestated as she slips to one side. Reuben's wide grin tells it all as he soaks up the praise of the onlooker's applause as the 2007 Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT Champion.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:40:07 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
TheReader23

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »

[/quote]

Are you mkind?
[/quote]

Obv

TR23
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2007, 08:37:25 PM »

Are you mkind?

Obv

TR23

I am, but right now I am very depressed and rly need an asprin.
Zpaceman

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2007, 08:41:48 PM »

yeah devastating news as i simultaenously get maltreated by pokerstars.

incidentally the winner is online player "seaanchor" he's quite good so grats to him
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »

Reuben Peters is the winner and becomes the Pokerstars.com EPT Dublin season 4 CHAMPION winning €532,620

mdwexford

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2007, 08:45:14 PM »

Wow im pretty shocked
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »

Snoopy's handy camera work post win.

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »

Chili, snoops, I need your help.

I am stuck at Dublin Airport, waiting for a delayed Compo, who's with Tim, the Sound/Cameraman Chappie. Their delayed flight is now due in at 18.25.

Can you have a word with Annette please - tell her to SLOW DOWN. We don't want it to end before our Cameraman arrives....Wink

Oh, & I LOVED the Collage!

See you guys later.

Cheers Tikay, ok no problem.  I will go now and prod Annette in the ribs, hopefully inducing some winding but no lasting damage  Wink

Did Tikay make it?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »

Chili, snoops, I need your help.

I am stuck at Dublin Airport, waiting for a delayed Compo, who's with Tim, the Sound/Cameraman Chappie. Their delayed flight is now due in at 18.25.

Can you have a word with Annette please - tell her to SLOW DOWN. We don't want it to end before our Cameraman arrives....Wink

Oh, & I LOVED the Collage!

See you guys later.

Cheers Tikay, ok no problem.  I will go now and prod Annette in the ribs, hopefully inducing some winding but no lasting damage  Wink

Did Tikay make it?

I'm afraid there is no sign of the ol fella.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »

Best. Update. Ever.

Thanks guys.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »

Seat 4: Annette Obrestad, 19, from Norway – 788,000

The "Annette_15" rumours began surfacing last year, about how a Norwegian teenager was spreading fear and panic on the internet with a super aggressive and highly lucrative style of play. Reputations were destroyed and egos crushed. For many, the first public sighting of this internet phenomenon was at the EPT Grand Final last March, but her early forays into live play were unspectacular. Clearly, she was waiting for the top prize in Europe, which she landed when picking up the WSOP Europe title and a cheque for £1m.

Just give her the damn trophy already.
Spoke too soon
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2007, 09:18:25 PM »

Cheers for updates guys, great as usual.

Really thought Annette would take this down too, but obv wasn't to be.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2007, 09:22:03 PM »

Safe to say it was a quick final here in Dublin.  The final lasted a total of 4 hours 10 mins with Annette just steadily increasing her stack size hand after hand and never looking in trouble.  Reuben on the other hand started the final only 10,000 chips off 9th place and started his heads up battle with Annette outchipping him 4.5 to 1.

He bided his time and played a very patient and solid game so a heart felt congratulations to the Stock Trader from Telluride, Colorado, also known online on Pokerstars.com as "seaanchor." 

Still I'm sure to Annette she will feel like this was one that she lost, but you can't get away from her talent or the buzz that she creates when she goes deep in yet another tournament.  I'd like to say her time will come, but its already here and she's not just knocked on the door but booted it in.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:29:07 PM by Chili » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: