blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  iPhone launch tonight
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iPhone launch tonight  (Read 7343 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »

...  at 6.02pm ...

nice subtle piece of marketing Smiley

Correct. It's the way people get manipulated by the Media-Hype machine! 6.02. Not a minute earlier. Be there, or be square. I bet there will be a right old queue, too. The way media manipulation works fascinates me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 04:20:07 PM »

It's simply a triumph of Marketing Hype over reality & common-sene. Every single comms technical journal - without exception - has slated it unequivically. But a friend of mine is going to queue up at 6.02pm this evening to get one - that's how cute the Spin & Hype is! The cool dudes have one, so we must all have one. Clever stuff, this Hype business.

Which is why Tikay will not be buying one and will stick with his current model.

Good grief - I must upgrade to one of these immediately.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 04:22:39 PM »

...  at 6.02pm ...

Correct. It's the way people get manipulated by the Media-Hype machine! 6.02. Not a minute earlier. Be there, or be square. I bet there will be a right old queue, too. The way media manipulation works fascinates me.

You don't think it's more to do with the fact that O2 have the exclusive contract Wink

We were talking to someone from O2 earlier and he didn't realise the significance of 6.O2 until we suggested it - so maybe it was a bit more subtle than the marketeers wanted it to be.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »

...  at 6.02pm ...

You don't think it's more to do with the fact that O2 have the exclusive contract Wink

We were talking to someone from O2 earlier and he didn't realise the significance of 6.O2 until we suggested it - so maybe it was a bit more subtle than the marketeers wanted it to be.

Whooshed me, for sure. Way too subtle for me.

Whatever happened to phones with dials?

Days Inn Hotel Chain must have let their "in Room 'Phone Contract" to a new Company. The landline phones have a conical base, so they don't sit flat on the bedside table, they wobble all over the place when you try to dial a number. Progress, see?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 04:34:07 PM »

they wobble all over the place when you try to dial a number.

Marketing slogan, "It rocks!"

The older I get, the better I was.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »

It's simply a triumph of Marketing Hype over reality & common-sene. Every single comms technical journal - without exception - has slated it unequivically. But a friend of mine is going to queue up at 6.02pm this evening to get one - that's how cute the Spin & Hype is! The cool dudes have one, so we must all have one. Clever stuff, this Hype business.

It not only gets people to buy a phone..it get's people to vote for a prime-minister.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »

Great!!! Now what am I gonna do at 6.02??  I just wanted to add that I don't give two hoots about the hype or by how slick a gadget looks.  All I wanted was an all encompassing Phone/Ipod/Internet since I am mightily unhappy with my Motorola K1.  I even had thoughts of it being useful at Live updates maybe, but if it is not even 3G!!!

I have been absolutely teetering on getting an Iphone and not over the last week because I still have to buy out my Orange contract at a hefty cost on top of the phone cost & higher monthly contract cost. Grrrr

I think Andrew T has tipped the scales for me so sod hanging around a Grantham shopping centre on a Friday night, and sober to boot.....

I'll wait for the next generation and my current contract to run out.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »

I have had the second gen US model in my hand and have had a play.

Battery life when in function mode is shocking (under 45 minutes).

Itunes format only for music obv (The biggest Con in the world IMO).

Poor functionality for a phone, and texting options very poor - no group send and the like.

Feels cheap.

As Bongo says the lockdown on the web functionality is also brutal, the one I have seen you couldn't use Ask, or Google.

O2 contract - good luck with that.

Looks good though.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »

My current mobile phone 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »

i got mine straight after work..im currently playing with it and trying to work it all out..ive logged on to facebook and trying to log onto blonde..nobody is going to see me for days..i love it
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 09:00:33 PM »

My phone is great, you know what it makes phone calls !!-- luddite I know but its all I want it for ........

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

...  at 6.02pm ...

Whooshed me, for sure. Way too subtle for me.

Whatever happened to phones with dials?

being a sucker for retro stuff, I have actually just bought one of these for my office at home -

http://www.totally-funky.co.uk/pages/funky/productView.asp?ID=1558&SID=691

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 10:08:56 PM »

laz how do you remember which numbers to call

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: