blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:21:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grosvenor Midlands Masters: At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor Midlands Masters: At A Glance  (Read 11763 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 11:56:51 PM »

There I was mocking the tightness of Snoopy's table when a large-ish pot plays out, and it involves the dog himself!

In what looked like an unraised pot, seen by several players the flop came out

Snoopy checked, there was a bet to 700 from someone in middle position which was raised by a late position player (apologies for lack of names, these players are unknown to me and have been throughtlessly moved from their initial starting seats with little consideration for the cat. Also apologies for this probably unnecessarily long parenthesised paragraph, which will no doubt render the end of the sentence completely meaningless as you'll have forgotten what I was blithering on about in the first place) to 1700.

Snoopy FLAT CALLED the raise...

The turn was the and Snoopy now bet out 700 which was called.

The river was the Two Diamonds. Snoopy checked his cards again, before asking the other player in the pot how much he had left in his stack. After a little think, Snoopy checked and the other player also checked.

He showed down K-J for the straight which was good against the flopped two pair A-T for the unlucky beagle.

The turned heart was doubtless a good card for Snoopy as he could well have lost more chips without this danger card appearing. So good news and bad news, he's down about 2.5k on the hand, but he's not broke.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 01:35:21 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »

I caught the very end of a hand involving the salmon-shirted (actually salmon, Snoopy fans, not, this time, pink) gentleman below - if the seating plan does not in this instance lie, his name is Mick Corrigan. The board read 4-A-K-8-6, and he was taking the pot with pocket Eights while Dave Smith showed his losing Ace. Mr Corrigan now has about 28k.

He limps in to see a flop on the next hand too. Ian Hemsley bets 500 on the flop, but lays it down when Mr Corrigan raises him - he shows , and Corrigan shows pocket Aces. Someone's having a good day.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 12:06:26 AM »

Mickey Wernick, Trevor Pearson and Stuart Rutter just got involved in some poker-ing.

Anothe unraised pot, Stuart checked the flop, and Micky quickly bet out 500 into the 600 or so pot. This was called by Trevor Pearson, before Stuart check raised to 1900.

Quick passes from both players and the scarfless, but not chip-less monsieur Rutter raked in the pot...

Micky mumbled something through his impressive beard that sounded like it was probably "well-played".

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 12:43:27 AM »

Snoopy's scraped back a few chips. Three players including the Beaglous One check the turn and river of a 5-T-6-J-9 board. The young gentleman in seat 9 announces that he has the nuts, but turns over pocket Threes instead. Matey 2 shows A-Q and so Snoopy's A-T is good. Not a big pot, but better than nothing for the shortish Snoopster.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »

It looks like Lucy Rokach has been eliminated. Who by, I cannot say, howso, I do not know (trying desperately to make my ignorance sound like it has mystical connotations.) What I can say is her chair is vacant and there is a Lucy Rokach shaped hole at the table.

Matt Tyler is on 20k, he is happy and was busy wandering around the cardroom picking play fights. He started with Ian Woodley, who told Matt, "One punch and you'd be out like a light, but I'd catch you and cradle you to the floor like a baby" Matt looked dubious. Dana got some good footage of him getting revenge on Ian...

Dave Colclough looks to be relatively short, I could only see around 7k in his admittedly partially obscured stack. He is all sniffly and cold-ridden it looks like. Bless.

Dr. Cat prescribes homemade chicken soup for dinner and lemon, ginger, honey and hot water in a mug before bed time.

As I pass by Mark Segal's table, I notice that he is drinking his tea but that the saucer has remained attached to the cup. A part of me is inclined to tell him before it falls off, but a bigger, more mischievous part is taking bets on whether he notices before it falls...

Suddenly it seperates from the cup, there is a crash of crockery and the saucer hits the floor but miraculously survives its perilous trip to ground and begins to roll off under another table. I flash out a paw like lightning and scoop it up to return to the a grateful Mark Segal but fail to say, "Ahhh, keeping the saucer close to the cup, Mr Segal. I guess that makes the tea hard to spill"

Finally amidst all this waffle a hand, involving 2 guys who, assuming they are in the same seats they started in (which is a tenuous assumption I must admit) were Arulman Sivaguru and Tony Fellone and also Ian Woodley.

All 3 saw a flop of and it was checked around I beleive.

The turn came the , which elicited a bet from Arulman of 550 after it was checked to him , called by Tony (who was in the small blind) and also called by Ian.

The river was the , checked once more by Tony, also checked by Ian, and bet to the tune of 1500 by Arulman. Tony now check raised to 4k!

Wow, some slowplay if he had a monster. Ian quickly passed and Arulman tanked for a few minutes but eventually also gae up the ghost, leaving the slickly haired, slightly mobsterish looking (and sounding) Tony Fellone to pick up the pot.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:46:54 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 12:49:59 AM »

Steve Jelinek bet out on a flop, but dejectedly laid it down when Matt Tyler shoved his considerable stack across the line. He's down to 7k or so (it looks like less, but there was a 5k chip in front of him), and this time he looks like he wants his picture taken even less than he did last time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 12:55:08 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »

Reyaaz Mulla is OUT to the young gentleman below who may or may not be called Bullock. Both of them insta-all in on a three clubs flop (with not a moment taken to Mulla it over, chortle), Mulla's failed to improve against Bullock's .
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2007, 01:25:03 AM »

Micky Wernick makes a comment about playing with the "talented Chili" and the wise old Red Dog, who has recently moved to his table.

"Give her a spanking" urges Paul Jackson from the adjacent felt.

"Oi niver spink yung loidies" says Micky, protesting (the below picture showing Micky possibly rubbing his nipple provocatively is pure coincidence)

"YES YOU DO!" counters an astonished Paul Jackson.

Red-Dog is busy laughing at this frivolity. Meanwhile a hand is being played out. Red Dog, Chili, KP nuts Kevin Parkes and one other I believe have seen the flop of

As.

Checked round to Chili on the button, she raps the button to indicate a check too.

The turn is the

Once more check-age predominates and there are no bets.

The river is the and Kevin now picks up a 500 and 100 chip and bets out ( the bet being 600 if you are too lazy to work that out)

Chili quickly raises to 1500 and Kevin quickly calls and looks a bit bemused as he shows J-J whilst Chili shows the slowplayed A-8, with which she had flopped a full house.

"I was hoping someone would catch up! Hard to get paid off with hands like that" remarks Chili as she rakes in the medium pot... Red-Dog agrees sagely before happily posing for this picture with Chili.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 01:28:30 AM »

Also spotted-at-the-cash-table-presumed-OUT is Roberto Romanello.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 01:53:06 AM »

Julian Thew is OUT!

He ran his K-K into Ian Woodley's A-A. Standardly the chips went in preflop and there were no shocks of any kind.  A merry-as-he-could-be Julian picked up his things and left the table.

That propelled Woodley to what looked like it might be 30k or so, but I am having a bit of a problem differentiating the 1k blues from the 5k purples so my chips counts may occasionally lack a little accuracy...

Dave Colclough is lookign focused and possibly a tad less sniffly than before (sneaky little chicken soup Dave?) and also it appears as though either I miscounted his stack earlier or he has had a revival of sorts as he appears to have 20k+ now...

The tables have been reduced to 6 now, 58 players remain and we are on 200/400. Things may start to hot up now...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 02:01:06 AM »

Assorted Chip Counts:

Red Dog -- 16k
Chili -- 30k
Smoopy -- 8k and clawing: "Well, I wouldn't mind getting Aces..."
Stuart Rutter -- 12k
Matt Tyler -- OUT - not sure how, but whatever happened, Chili informs me he muttered something about playing it badly before he wandered off. She says Julian knows, but he's out too. Oops. Poor old Matt and Julian.
Trevor Reardon -- 12k
Steve Jelinek -- back up to 30k somehow. Possibly partly off of Matt Tyler? I merely speculate. But he looks much happier.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:25:36 AM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »

I have a quick chinwag with Stuart Rutter, who is busy piling up a stack of chips...

"Just got lucky!" he tells me, "but I got unlucky just before that"

He had just lost a pot with Q-Q  v A-J "which sucked" when he raised in the next few hands with .

He bet out on with a gutshot on a flop of Two Clubs and was called. The turn card was a "big card for me", it being the to give him a double gutter and a flush draw. More chips went in on the turn before a magical offsuit 4 to give him the nuts arrived on the river and the rest of the chips went in. I didn't catch his opponent's unfortunate holding but Stuart was suitably grateful at his backdoor draw arriving.

I may have to stop cracking Stephen Seagal gags if Mark Segal keeps up his rampant chip accumulation.

He appears to be on 40k+ at the moment.

Chip count for Tony Fellone please.

....Sorry just to expand a little on that. I run bad at chasing mobster poker players (NB any views expressed by the cat are not necessarily those of Blondepoker, Dana or any other updates so any hits organised should be specifically carried out on the cat, beware though, I like getting whacked...)

Anyway I found Tony's seat to snap him, but his chips were gone...Just as I was regretting having not snapped our resident Soprano prior to his knockout, I turn around and  there he is!! Still in - just relocated to a different table! I prepare to point and click when Stuart catches me to tell me about the hand he had jsut played out with above....When I had finished having a pleasant chat with Stu, I turn around to find Tony Fellone has disappeared and is seen skulking around the cash tables looking very miffed.

Not wanting to get on his wrong side, I decide now is not the time to approach so I leave him be, but bad luck Tony, you'll beat those wiseguys next time...

Chip counts randomised for your pleasure....

Pete Singleton 17k

er, that's it...

Better get back to work!!!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 03:06:38 AM »

More Chip Counts That Were Roughly True About Ten Or Fifteen Minutes Back Now:

Thomas Dunwoodie -- 5.5k
Mark Orlowski (he of Hairdo Of The Day - to be posted in just a moment) -- 16 or 17k
Paul Jackson -- 27k
Local boy Anthony Kennedy -- 22k
Ved "Vince" Madan -- 12 or 13k
Des Jonas -- 19 or 20k
Essy "Eliminator" Jahanpour -- 7k
Andrea Gough -- 12k
Ian Woodley -- 18k
Mohammed Hussain -- 17k
Ash Hussain -- OUT
Surinder Sunar -- probably 15k unless he's hiding some purple chips that I couldn't see.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 03:19:31 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 03:12:51 AM »

Meanwhile Trevor Reardon is a GONER at the hands of Marc Goodwin. Didn't catch the whole hand, but there were two Nines and a Ten on the board, with Trevor Reardon holding and Marc Goodwin holding . The mutters of "unlucky" as Trevor left his trademark double backwards chair arrangement to fend for itself suggested that the money went in before the Tens filled up, but it might have been more a you're-never-getting-away-from-that "unlucky".
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:13 AM »

As I join Red Dog's table, I find Red-Dog in the middle of a tough decision, the action looks as though(and this is the best I can reconstruct it) Chili has raised to 1500 or so, Red has re-raised to 5k (or possibly BY 5k) and A. N. Other has reraised allin...

Red with 18k back has already been dwelling over the decision for 5 minutes or so before I arrive apparently and it is a toughie as he has Q-Q..."What would Micky do here?" he wonders aloud, before being told the answer by the table. "The right thing!"

Eventually he passes "good fold" says Micky, "He's got AA or maybe KK..."

Chili says "hmmm, I think he was just going to flat call my raise until you got involved", perhaps implying he may have had a few other hands there and then she looks up with a cheeky expression as if she knows she is stirring things up a bit!

"If it's good enough for Micky, it's good enough for me" says Red Dog, happy with his decision, but bemoaning the fact he had just got back to average before he lost a chunk on that hand...

The blinds have just risen to 400 800. There are 43 players left and carnage is about to ensue. You have my word.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: