blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  budapest
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: budapest  (Read 1977 times)
bigalhx1

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 04:21:07 PM »

just booked flights to go in may so if anyone has any information on hotels travel from airport that sort of stuff it will be much appreciated
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:20:15 AM »

the journey from the airport is really a taxi job - but it is well regulated with the fare agreed with the scheduler outside the airport arrivals hall. This is about the only place that taxis are ok. It is my biggest bugbear about the city.  My tip is if you are in the city and need a taxi go into one of the big hotels and ask them to call you one. Flagging one down is basically just being asked to be ripped off.

there are hotels to suit all budgets. the intercontinental is really nice, but ££££, right beside the danube. There are also some 4/5 star up in the castle area which is good for nightlife and restaurants.

the novotel is quite reasonable and is comfortable.

if you are looking for a good group activity involving booze, you should go for the wine tasting up at the castle. 10 quid, and all the wine you can put away ....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 01:02:52 AM »

great city great nightlife have fun 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:31:36 AM »

At least you know where it is.............. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

At least you know where it is.............. 

You know..the kid knowing it makes me think that as Americans are growing up they become thicker. When they are 10 or 12 years old they're very clever  but as soon as they turn 16 they start dropping 20 IQ points a year...

Just a theory obviously..and obviously present American company is excluded Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »

the journey from the airport is really a taxi job - but it is well regulated with the fare agreed with the scheduler outside the airport arrivals hall. This is about the only place that taxis are ok. It is my biggest bugbear about the city.  My tip is if you are in the city and need a taxi go into one of the big hotels and ask them to call you one. Flagging one down is basically just being asked to be ripped off.

there are hotels to suit all budgets. the intercontinental is really nice, but ££££, right beside the danube. There are also some 4/5 star up in the castle area which is good for nightlife and restaurants.

the novotel is quite reasonable and is comfortable.

if you are looking for a good group activity involving booze, you should go for the wine tasting up at the castle. 10 quid, and all the wine you can put away ....

thank for that is the novotel nerar the nightlife
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 08:08:43 PM by bigalhx1 » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »

I went to Budapest for the F1 GP in 2006, apart from the rain it was great.

I stayed at the "Art'otel" which was modern if bland, although the views could not be beaten:

Click to see full-size image.

and

Click to see full-size image.

I can recomend this restaurant near the castle http://www.rivalda.net/

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: