blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Xmas shopping on Amazon with blonde
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xmas shopping on Amazon with blonde  (Read 4044 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »

Its that time of year again

Once again if you'd like to help blonde a little when you buy those last minute Xmas presents on Amazon, please use the search box over there >>>>> or on the www.blondepoker.com front page.

Any support much appreciated, every purchase helps us do the sort of things everyone appreciates, ta

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »

im just about to hit amazon hard and fast

just seen this

so do u get a lil hander back from amazon for using this?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »

Yes absolutely

I wouldn't have posted it otherwise!!

but seriously, of course we have costs to cover and modest profits to make all being well so any time anyone plays on the cardroom or uses our Amazon link or indeed supports us in any of the various ways they can then  thumbs up

My eyes are open wide
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »

two days too late for me.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 05:30:54 PM »

Bit of a side issue hear tighty but with the new year fast approaching are you able to give any details of new sponsers for the new year?  Does the DTD deal finish at the end of the year?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »

Bit of a side issue hear tighty but with the new year fast approaching are you able to give any details of new sponsers for the new year?  Does the dtd deal finish at the end of the year?

the full scale DTD deal finishes but we hope to retain some elements of the partnership. Whatever happens we are grateful to them for their support and I expect we'll remain close...

Currently in discussions with a number of third parties about sponsoring/naming various features on forum and main site (think football rights to different TV channels on a smaller scale!)

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »

Bit of a side issue hear tighty but with the new year fast approaching are you able to give any details of new sponsers for the new year?  Does the dtd deal finish at the end of the year?

We can't really name names right now Jim, but we are talking to several parties. Before we sign anything, though, we will give DTD "first refusal" on any of the packages, that's only right & fair.

We don't expect them to renew - they need to stop spending & start earning - but it'd be rude not to speak to them before we sign any other deals.

I have, of course, already chatted with Rob & Nick, & I think I know pretty much where we are with them.

Whatever happens, we shall continue to supprt DTD on blonde, but we have never been, & are not about to become, a one trick pony, & we will try & support all Live Poker Venues, because we believe strongly that's the essence of poker - the Live game. So we are in talks with most of the Live Poker providers, (independents & majors), as well as Online Operators.

We shall see, but we have independent income aside from the Forum, so it's not totally about Sponsorship, but it would make it easier. If & when the blonde Cardroom earns enough, then we will be in a position to do without sponsors.

The oddity is that there is no correlation between Update Traffic & blonde Cardroom activity. Lots of folks read the blonde Updates, but never play the blonde Site. I confess, we got that one wrong - we assumed there'd be much greater migration, especially as Members know that the Cardroom, & sponsorship, is what pays for the Live Updates. From time to time we get some grief about our Updates, but it's usually from folks who have never played on blonde!

Siuch is life.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 06:17:12 PM »

Having spent the week at Luton and having seen first hand the efforts that Dana and Snoopy put in and im sure Chilli and Flops are doing in Prague not to mention Jen.  I was wondering if we could do a little something for the 5 of them (apologies if i have missed anyone out). Being the run up to xmas and all at the end of the DTD sponsered year. I was thinking that Kev might be able to set up a tourny on Blonde where half the prizepool could be donated to the updaters as a thank you for another year of great updates. Just an idea might need a few changes but i for one know i cant survive without them.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 06:27:10 PM »

Having spent the week at Luton and having seen first hand the efforts that Dana and Snoopy put in and im sure Chilli and Flops are doing in Prague not to mention Jen.  I was wondering if we could do a little something for the 5 of them (apologies if i have missed anyone out). Being the run up to xmas and all at the end of the dtd sponsered year. I was thinking that Kev might be able to set up a tourny on Blonde where half the prizepool could be donated to the updaters as a thank you for another year of great updates. Just an idea might need a few changes but i for one know i cant survive without them.

Thats a truly wonderful thought Jim.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »

As someone once said "they get paid", how about the same thing but for the unpaid Mods?
Make it a rebuy as i owe Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 01:52:41 AM »

4 days too late for me  Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: