blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400284 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 25, 2009, 12:43:32 PM »

every cloud......

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 25, 2009, 12:43:45 PM »

Good lad. 

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 25, 2009, 12:55:03 PM »

Great pics,hope ur all feeling bit better
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: September 25, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 25, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »

Reece, nibbles and his dino blanket...post op.  Lovely to see.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »

As for young Reece, taken down to surgery this morning howling, I can't bear to think about it too much. I'm glad I'm not a parent, I could not handle all that.

But if Reece were my boy, I'd be as proud as punch. What a brave lad.

This. I was a complete emotional wreck when Hannah had to go under general anaesthetic just for a routine operation on a broken arm.  Hearing what Maureen and Stacey and other parents on blonde have to see their little loved ones go through time and time again is postively heart-breaking. These kids are true heros.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 25, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »

As for young Reece, taken down to surgery this morning howling, I can't bear to think about it too much. I'm glad I'm not a parent, I could not handle all that.

This is not a good reason to not want to be a parent.

And this is why.

Best wishes to Mo, Darren and the other's who I haven't personally met especially little Reece of course.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 25, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »

Impossible to read this and not get so bloody angry and upset.

America really looks like the next best option, ...we need to make it happen.

All fingers crossed, and best wishes.

Agree hugs and xx

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 25, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »

now thats the pic we all wanted to see the little man sitting up in his bed eating xx
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 25, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »

This. I was a complete emotional wreck when Hannah had to go under general anaesthetic just for a routine operation on a broken arm.  Hearing what Maureen and Stacey and other parents on blonde have to see their little loved ones go through time and time again is postively heart-breaking. These kids are true heros.

They are, but so are their families who carry on through all this - I doubt I'd be able to.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:15 PM »

They are, but so are their families who carry on through all this - I doubt I'd be able to.

That's the thing Rod.

Kids are enormously resilient. The more adversity they have to overcome as a child, the bigger, better, stronger adult they become. They do.

But how the Family find ways to cope is another matter entirely.

Assuming the hossies sort out Reece's physical problems, he's gonna be an absolute giant of a man.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 25, 2009, 03:23:41 PM »

The child inspires the parents to get through it imo.

Glad he has finally had his op Mo.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 25, 2009, 03:25:46 PM »

Pardon my stupidity, what exactly is the op for?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 25, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »

ChipP..it was a new line, about his 15th, small op to some and only took 1 1/2hours, but more serious on Reece due to lack of veins.

Home now, what a week.........aye. Talk about emotional.

I cannot thank you all enough for the support you have all shown. I understand it may be hard for some of you to understand, but trust me, each and every post , call,  text, pm really come at times when , I personally really need a boost. I like to think I am strong for us trust me, at times a am a chocolate fire guard.

A couple of you mention that you would not cope, trust me when it smacks you in the face and there is no choice but  to get on with it you'd cope too. I always thought like that, but when it happens, and after feeling sorry for yourself, then trying to workout how many butterfly wings you pulled off in the past for this to happen to you, one finally resides to the fact that life as we knew it has gone, it will never come back, that carefree life where the only worries were my figure / does my bum look big in this / what do the neighbours think, wish I had a nice home / car... etc etc .... do not matter in the least. Nothing does apart from us getting through this remaining intact as a family unit with Reece out living us. Plus giving Reece the strength he needs, after all he is the one that is ill .He is our life now, obv we go out but our minds are always on him, I personally never let go any more, , no matter how tipsy you are or how big a poker hand you have on that final table or whilst chilling in the steam room at the gym, there is ALWAYS a part of your mind that is on him. I am proud Tony Yes, to have such a very brave boy as my Grandson. I just wish it was me and not him.

He has a few small incisions, in the groin, and the line now comes out of his left side of his lower tummy. His main concern is " how am i going to wee Grandma, cause if I put my widgey roody over the toilet my line will flop in too" and the doctor lied to him. he told him he wasn't having the  needle that makes him go shakey shakey then sleep but he did give it him, lol. so funny still after all he goes through.

THANKS everyone from the bottom of my heart. XXXXXXX
Anyway, get this, he is now on his way home, sleeping in our bed, of course,

« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:19:53 PM by The_nun » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 25, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »

Great post xx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: